Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Real ID's
Has anybody went and got a Real ID yet? What issue did you run into?
Can you elaborate on this? What’s a real ID?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Can you elaborate on this? What’s a real ID?

Patriot act, you have to have an id that is validated by the federal government. Starting in Oct a normal KY drivers licenses will not allow you to fly, visit a federal facility, and several other things.

You have to get a Real ID or Travel ID as they are calling them.
plantmanky Wrote:Patriot act, you have to have an id that is validated by the federal government. Starting in Oct a normal KY drivers licenses will not allow you to fly, visit a federal facility, and several other things.

You have to get a Real ID or Travel ID as they are calling them.

So do you get them at the county courthouse.
Westside Wrote:So do you get them at the county courthouse.

My understanding is that you can only get them at current by going to Frankfort.
plantmanky Wrote:My understanding is that you can only get them at current by going to Frankfort.

You can only the Real ID in Frankfort? That's a huge inconvenience if you live in far Eastern or Western Kentucky. In North Carolina, we just have to go to our county's DMV. I will be getting mine in April.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:You can only the Real ID in Frankfort? That's a huge inconvenience if you live in far Eastern or Western Kentucky. In North Carolina, we just have to go to our county's DMV. I will be getting mine in April.

It has something to do with county clerks being an elected position in Kentucky and therefore they dont meet the requirements to sign off on the ID's or something like that.

Kentucky doesnt have a DMV, and that basically is the issue.