Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Current Millennial Generation the Dumbest Generation Ever?
TheRealThing Wrote:Bob and Bo are both right here. High IQ's are not the product of evolving minds though, they have always been high and any student of history knows that to be true. And unfortunately, dropping the ball where it concerns educating a society's youth is an inherency which in the general sense, is a generational human shortfall. Some societies run against the grain however, and are quite proficient at passing heritage down through the generations. Israel for example, and likely Rome.

The argument between liberals and conservatives vying for the hearts of our nation's youth, was lost long ago. Most Americans don't have the first clue as to the nature of their national heritage, or the sacrifice laid down to purchase same. But parents can't pass down what they don't know. Heck, most Americans don't even believe the libs have a plan to steal our youth while they are still in school.

As to how things shake out in this land. I did not write the checks, but I was responsible for the profit/loss margin of my company, and my job security was therefore only as good as my last performance. I hired and I fired, I had complete control of every aspect of operations and in many cases, procurement. Taking the course of my career as a guide, I know for a fact that the ratio of knotheads looking for any reason not to do their job, (and that certainly includes the excuse-of-the-day for being late or just not showing up for work) has exploded over that time. Anybody who says good help is not these days hard to come by, is wrong.

Saying that. I like the way Bob communicates because this was once a man's world. Now it's a smarmy wasteland of compromise, irrelevancy and relativity.

I have no problem with harsh truths. I wish that more people today were willing to accept them. Saying that 90% of a generation is stupid because you're not willing to discuss why it is that you think millennials are "the dumbest generation ever" is not presenting hard truths, it's just lazy. I'm not looking to be an apologist for the problems of generation Y, but I'm not going to paint with broad strokes and say they are the only problem either.

Yes coronavirus parties are stupid, but do you think that it was millennials that were pushing to continue church services after the governor had banned large gatherings? You're going to find pockets of ignorance and stupidity in all groups, especially if you go out looking for them.
Here's a perfect example of what I am talking about. I am sitting here waiting on 2 intellectually superior 18 year olds who have aggravated the daylights out of me for months wanting summer jobs. Appointment time was 10am. It is now 11:08 and I have not seen or heard one word from either of them...I think I'll go look for a couple of 70 year olds who have enough sense and professionalism about them to get done what I need done...
RoShamBo Wrote:I have no problem with harsh truths. I wish that more people today were willing to accept them. Saying that 90% of a generation is stupid because you're not willing to discuss why it is that you think millennials are "the dumbest generation ever" is not presenting hard truths, it's just lazy. I'm not looking to be an apologist for the problems of generation Y, but I'm not going to paint with broad strokes and say they are the only problem either.

Yes coronavirus parties are stupid, but do you think that it was millennials that were pushing to continue church services after the governor had banned large gatherings? You're going to find pockets of ignorance and stupidity in all groups, especially if you go out looking for them.
My assessment of what I described is exactly as I described. It stands on it's own because it's a high percentage fact...Educated IDIOTS that cant find what they are trying to stick their fingers into. But they can google it just to be sure. Unfortunately I live it, breathe it, sleep it and cuss it 7 days a week. I know exactly what I am talking about.
RoShamBo Wrote:I have no problem with harsh truths. I wish that more people today were willing to accept them. Saying that 90% of a generation is stupid because you're not willing to discuss why it is that you think millennials are "the dumbest generation ever" is not presenting hard truths, it's just lazy. I'm not looking to be an apologist for the problems of generation Y, but I'm not going to paint with broad strokes and say they are the only problem either.

All any generation knows is what they're taught. This generation is being taught practical byes, and political lies. And they're being taught that a particular political position can lead to their getting what they want. That is if the Republicans would just get out of the way. And I'm talking about the college crowd here, much less those who just sort of lurk about basing their hopes on the lottery or "Extreme Makeover."

The truth is we had been cashing checks on America's past greatness, and are now gone to cashing them on America's future. But I believe what Bob was saying is this; To un-indoctrinate these folks, will be every bit as labor intensive a proposition as was their original indoctrination. Best case you're not going to accomplish the task arguing with them, it will take years. And experience being the best teacher anyway, let them bang their heads until the headache finally registers. But I will say this. Things like funding pensions and defense, and paying the bills in general are not done by under achieving and making excuses as the present generation is wont to do.

I would like to say I don't know where all this is headed, but I can't do that. Anybody with a clue knows something has to give here. To that end the US Treasury has certainly given up its all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]