Sarah Smith - Wolfe County
Alexa Muha - Hazard
Shelbi Ritchie - Hazard
Mattie Collins - Hazard
Kylie Gayheart - Knott County
Kelly Bloom - Powell County
Mercedes Winfree - Knott County
Katie Johnson - Estill County
No way that Rylee Turner from Jackson City is not on this list.
Both sides of the ball she is easily a top 5 player in the region.
Whoever voted on this list doesn’t have a clue about softball. Wolfe won the region last year and their starting pitcher gave up like 4 runs in 3 region games. To have another pitcher rated ahead of her especially one that got hammered for 12 runs in the championship game is crazy. Riley Turner not being listed is crazy for sure. Lol Breathitt has 2 girls on the list, one of which I could pick out of a team picture.
How is Perry not the number 1 team in the region if they have 3 of the top 8 players in the region? I could have sworn that Wolfe beat them 12-2 in the regional championship. That’s the good thing about it, you can get “voted” onto any list and over anyone but it all gets decided on the field in the end.
14th region fanman Wrote:No way that Rylee Turner from Jackson City is not on this list.
Both sides of the ball she is easily a top 5 player in the region.

I agree, she is a top 10 player!
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Whoever voted on this list doesn’t have a clue about softball. Wolfe won the region last year and their starting pitcher gave up like 4 runs in 3 region games. To have another pitcher rated ahead of her especially one that got hammered for 12 runs in the championship game is crazy. Riley Turner not being listed is crazy for sure. Lol Breathitt has 2 girls on the list, one of which I could pick out of a team picture.
How is Perry not the number 1 team in the region if they have 3 of the top 8 players in the region? I could have sworn that Wolfe beat them 12-2 in the regional championship. That’s the good thing about it, you can get “voted” onto any list and over anyone but it all gets decided on the field in the end.

The coaches of the region did the voting. I just saw it on Facebook and copied it. The top 5 teams in the region has many note worthy player on them. I was told the coaches couldn’t vote for their own players, only for the other teams players.
Well it seems like not many coaches in the region respect Wolfe or their players enough to vote for them. What gets me is the vote them the #1 team in the region but think they only have 1 Top 10 player in the region. Benny Campbell must be a miracle worker to win the region with just 1 Top 10 player and beat all these teams with multiple top 10 players. Lol
I have to agree with Reds#1Fan... Seems like to me some coaches have decided to try to freeze some players/schools out. There's no reasonable explanation why Riley Turner from Jackson City is not on this list. She is very good offensively and defensively.
Then to have BreAnna Tincher from Jackson City NOT in the top 3 is very questionable too. She finished 10th in the state in doubles and 5th in the state in RBI's last season. Plus, she is a very solid shortstop.
tj10 Wrote:I have to agree with Reds#1Fan... Seems like to me some coaches have decided to try to freeze some players/schools out. There's no reasonable explanation why Riley Turner from Jackson City is not on this list. She is very good offensively and defensively.
Then to have BreAnna Tincher from Jackson City NOT in the top 3 is very questionable too. She finished 10th in the state in doubles and 5th in the state in RBI's last season. Plus, she is a very solid shortstop.

Riley Turner and Breanna Tincher are great players. If you look at KHSAA stats for last year, Emma Winkle of Estill was 4th in doubles, 17 in triples & 24 in hits (29 of 59 hits was XBHs). But anyway, I was looking for all the 14 region girls and another one that was not in the above list but was top 25 in the state was Alyssa Franklin of LCC. I haven’t seen her play but she was mentioned several times in different categories. Majority of these players being freshman, says a lot about the 14th! I’m about promoting 14th Region, I hope we all can do that and give them the respect they deserve. I don’t think anyone is getting froze out, I think our region is so large that the coaches don’t have the opportunity to see all the athletes. Wouldn’t you agree? 2.5 hr drive I’m from one end to the other. I figure if you don’t make it to regions then you don’t get seen by the majority of the coaches.
Smokescreen Wrote:Riley Turner and Breanna Tincher are great players. If you look at KHSAA stats for last year, Emma Winkle of Estill was 4th in doubles, 17 in triples & 24 in hits (29 of 59 hits was XBHs). But anyway, I was looking for all the 14 region girls and another one that was not in the above list but was top 25 in the state was Alyssa Franklin of LCC. I haven’t seen her play but she was mentioned several times in different categories. Majority of these players being freshman, says a lot about the 14th! I’m about promoting 14th Region, I hope we all can do that and give them the respect they deserve. I don’t think anyone is getting froze out, I think our region is so large that the coaches don’t have the opportunity to see all the athletes. Wouldn’t you agree? 2.5 hr drive I’m from one end to the other. I figure if you don’t make it to regions then you don’t get seen by the majority of the coaches.

That’s the point that some are trying to make.
Wolfe won the region and they get 1 player on the top 10.
Jackson City made it to the region and was one of the top teams in the region last year and they get 1 kid in top 10.
Breathitt County didn’t make it to the region and they get 2 in the top 8.
Wolfe was better than Perry Central both in the regular season and the post season. And they get 3 Kids in the top 10.
Wolfe pitcher was better than Perry pitcher in every category last season. Yet perry pitcher is on there and Wolfe’s is not.
If the coaches vote then and they are suppose to know the game.
How does this happen?
Buddy system at its best all there is to say. The coaches might want to be careful though sometimes these things can become a big motivator for the teams or players that feel slighted.
14th region fanman Wrote:... Wolfe was better than Perry Central both in the regular season and the post season. And they get 3 Kids in the top 10.

Remember one of those three is a transfer from Hazard and she is Legit!
Smokescreen Wrote:Remember one of those three is a transfer from Hazard and she is Legit!

Not questioning if she is legit. She is really good, but does getting her to transfer to Perry Central somehow make Perry’s Pitcher better than Wolfe’s pitcher?

They say Postseason is what matters most.
And in Wolfe’s 6 postseason games last year.
2 in district
3 in region
And 1 game in state tourney against State Runner-up Clay County
Wolfe scored 56 runs and gave up 17
Pretty dominant I would think.
And they done that with only 1 top 10 player.
Benny Campbell isn’t only the best coach in the 14th region he is a miracle worker.
He somehow managed to play 6 postseason games. And be +39 in scoring differential.
I could see where the other coaches might not wanna vote for his players. I mean the games were all pretty even. 😂😂😂
[quote=14th region fanman]Not questioning if she is legit. She is really good, but does getting her to transfer to Perry Central somehow make Perry’s Pitcher better than Wolfe’s pitcher?

They say Postseason is what matters most.
And in Wolfe’s 6 postseason games last year.
2 in district
3 in region
And 1 game in state tourney against State Runner-up Clay County
Wolfe scored 56 runs and gave up 17
Pretty dominant I would think.
And they done that with only 1 top 10 player.
Benny Campbell isn’t only the best coach in the 14th region he is a miracle worker.
He somehow managed to play 6 postseason games. And be +39 in scoring differential.
I could see where the other coaches might not wanna vote for his players. I mean the games were all pretty even so probably hard to tell who the best players were with it being so equal. 😂😂
And they return all 9 starters. If they lost 3 or 4 I could see some of them not getting the votes based on what they done last season. But they return them all. And all of them have worked all summer and fall to be even better.
Riley Turner is definitely a top 10 player in the 14th , I’m not sure about Butler, no way the other Breathitt player is, I see others receiving votes that didn’t make the top 10 that should be Reed from Lee in my opinion should be , she hasn’t had the coach or players to back her up, they’ve hired her Dad for the Coaching position , hate that she’s a Senior, he knows the game and I couldn’t believe how he turned their MS program around in one season last year,look for them to be more competitive in the coming years, Hale and Winfree probably belong also
[-] The following 1 user Likes ole time gamer's post:
  • KyBigfoot
ole time gamer Wrote:.... Hale and Winfree probably belong also

Who is Hale and Winfree?
And where are they from?
Smokescreen Wrote:Who is Hale and Winfree?
And where are they from?

Hale played for Estill but rumor is not playing anymore. I looked up Estill’s roster and she wasn’t on it.
I would assume the Winfree kid was meant to be Winkle from Estill.
Hale and Winkle was already on the list, so I assumed it was someone else.