Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region draw
Monday—South Laurel vs Harlan Co.
Pineville vs Clay Co.
Tuesday—North Laurel vs Knox Central
Bell Co. vs Whitley Co.
Semis Friday night, final Sat. at 7:00. A 99.9% chance final will be North vs South.
Bell County is literally the only team with that .01% chance to upend that. Clay has fallen off and the rest will be given participation trophies in round 1.
Van Hagar Wrote:Monday—South Laurel vs Harlan Co.
Pineville vs Clay Co.
Tuesday—North Laurel vs Knox Central
Bell Co. vs Whitley Co.
Semis Friday night, final Sat. at 7:00. A 99.9% chance final will be North vs South.

It will be like this for next several years, these are the only 2 schools that care anything about girls basketball.
insideinfo Wrote:It will be like this for next several years, these are the only 2 schools that care anything about girls basketball.

I wouldn’t say that. I think it’s more about the fact people in Laurel County may have finally realized that they have nearly 70,000 people in that county and completely dominate in resources compared to the other southeastern Kentucky schools. You also have one school with about 6 players from somewhere else and the other with 1 really good one from somewhere else. Bell, Jackson, Clay, etc. have solid programs but they can only do so much now.
UKCC Wrote:I wouldn’t say that. I think it’s more about the fact people in Laurel County may have finally realized that they have nearly 70,000 people in that county and completely dominate in resources compared to the other southeastern Kentucky schools. You also have one school with about 6 players from somewhere else and the other with 1 really good one from somewhere else. Bell, Jackson, Clay, etc. have solid programs but they can only do so much now.

This times 1000. The Laurel schools are recruiting like D1 colleges.
fridaynightfights Wrote:This times 1000. The Laurel schools are recruiting like D1 colleges.

I get that kids have always went to different schools throughout history but one in particular is taking full advantage of it and it appears most people are turning their backs. These other schools in southeastern Kentucky can’t compete when their best future players decide to load up on one team. To the point were you have 25+ point margins of victory against some decent teams. Getting 1 player is one thing, but 5-6? Come on.
This what happens when you hire good coaching, people want to be associated with winning. As you well know Clay has had several move in over the years. Knox has made it a point not to support Girls sports and has lost kids for years. I believe they have Two at South this year and probably half of Barbourville team are County kids.
insideinfo Wrote:This what happens when you hire good coaching, people want to be associated with winning. As you well know Clay has had several move in over the years. Knox has made it a point not to support Girls sports and has lost kids for years. I believe they have Two at South this year and probably half of Barbourville team are County kids.

I’m more referring to the amount at one time. It’s no secret many schools often have 1 kid, maybe 2 but there is no reason to go pluck the best future players off 4-5 schools. North has one kid starting, that I’m aware of, that isn’t from Laurel County. That’s not abnormal. To stop beating around a bush I’m basically saying South Laurel doesn’t need the extra 3-4 girls they got to win by 25+ when they would’ve already won games by 10+. They killed the future of several schools.
I don’t disagree at all with what you’re saying. But just as to this game tonight, it could be off the charts, both teams are really good and playing well. Both put a lot of points on the board, so whichever way it goes it should be a high-scoring, entertaining game.
Is there an outlet that is going to stream the South Laurel v. North Laurel game?