Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley county coaching hunt
Overbey and estes are out!

Looks like someone made the call!
Will they get the initiative to get another Shope and pigman caliber coach?
I hope they get it right... for the boys sake. Their sophmores were ms region champs in 8th and the freshmen were reg champs in 7th and 8th and they have a good 8th grade group comin in followed by another. If theyre gonna ever do anything nows the time...

carpe diem
Heard it could be Josh Hamlin from Mercer Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have heard Josh wants back over this way
Ryan Whitaker be good for this job
Joe The Show
Haven’t heard anything about this, hard to see Estes not on staff with his boys there. If he isn’t do they transfer to Corbin or Williamsburg or does he just let them play for a new coach and go back to the radio booth?
Estes The New Coach. Why do you think he was moved to assistant in the first place.
TheColonel Wrote:Estes The New Coach. Why do you think he was moved to assistant in the first place.

That would be disappointing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheColonel Wrote:Estes The New Coach. Why do you think he was moved to assistant in the first place.

Lord hope not but sounds like something they would do (want be there longer than 2 years).
I dont think he will even be allowed sit on the bench.
I heard way back in December that a coach from Mercer County was high on their wish list if overbey left. Maybe Coach Shope is giving them some good input, could that be the coach mentioned above?
If Estes gets the job it’ll be the same ole story.. hopefully shope pulls him in 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Robert Marcum former Clay County coach is who I would be calling.
What about Napier at Williamsburg?
It’ll be Estes and people are kidding themselves. Mercer coach does want back here, and frankly would be here if he’d handled North Laurel process a little better last year, but it would be a massive mistake to leave Mercer for Whitley County.
Napier from Williamsburg? Surely not as coach of Whitley. I would think they want a winning coach.
I would like to see Eric Swords at Whitley County.
64SUR Wrote:I would like to see Eric Swords at Whitley County.

If Williamsburg didn’t/doesn’t want him, why would Whitley?
64SUR Wrote:I would like to see Eric Swords at Whitley County.

Jeff Davis my wish list . Confusednicker:
Competition Wrote:If Williamsburg didn’t/doesn’t want him, why would Whitley?

Well if this is true, Eric must have turn it down at Williamsburg............Just saying :popcorn:
BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote:Ryan Whitaker be good for this job
No way. Bad news
I hear that ole hateful Donnie jones is a lock
Competition Wrote:If Williamsburg didn’t/doesn’t want him, why would Whitley?

Williamsburg tried early on to get Eric to take the girls job when Robison was there and wait his turn for the boys job, he was anxious about how long that might take and got the Berea job...Second round Eric’s wife had a position in Berea that was to good to leave and ERIC was comfortable where he was, Wburg hired Napier...
Swords or Hamlin would be good hires...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Both would be coaches in waiting...one for Corbin, one for Williamsburg. Nope they need to go out and find someone who will commit to stay and not jump ship.
Swords or Hamlin would both be good hires
Everyone is kidding themselves if they think it will be anyone other than Estes!! If Estes wants it, he gets it. Hard to believe with 2 kids in the team that he won’t want it.
Estes does not fit the mold and culture Whitley is building. Unless basketball is stepping back to be the political tool it used to be when they changed coaches every 3 years. Nope just look at it.....Countryman, outsider, Shope, outsider, Irwin, outsider, Singleton, outsider (kind of) Pigman, outsider. Look for a person outside of the system, who knows how long it will take?? Hamblin wont get it, he drove past Whitley his entire HS career, maybe Tony will hire him. Swords lost to Whitley this year, so that alone should disqualify him, if it doesn’t well, they should hire the middle school coach.
I think Hamblin or Swords would be great hires! Whitley in the past has always hired very political, I wonder if they break the trend this year? Another potential candidate would be Marsee. Whitley has the talent to be good with mostly freshmen and sophomores playing this season.
Ronnie Collier who coached at the middle school with these fine young boys should be hired as the high school coach. He competed with them and won multiple region champs, including going back to back with the freshmen class. He deserves this job.