Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley county coaching hunt
I here Hamlin is getting ran off. Not sure why they would go for him.
Any word? I’ve heard Swords and Bentley.
It has been a while. Have to think WC has taken their time due to the virus to get their choice
Not with this job, but interested to see how AD’s discuss how difficult it was to hire someone dealing with this virus. Would think you could do interviews via Zoom/Hangouts/etc. but probably want to get the candidates there too. Tricky times.
Swords interviewed and I assume Bentley in addition to Hamlin interviewed as well. Didn’t hear a name on Bentley and Hamlin but heard Swords, a guy from Estill County and a guy from Mercer County all interviewed so I would assume would be Bentley and Hamlin based on prior comments in this thread.
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Swords interviewed and I assume Bentley in addition to Hamlin interviewed as well. Didn’t hear a name on Bentley and Hamlin but heard Swords, a guy from Estill County and a guy from Mercer County all interviewed so I would assume would be Bentley and Hamlin based on prior comments in this thread.

Hamlin would be a great hire here.
UK1 Wrote:Hamlin would be a great hire here.

Disagree. He took a really good Mercer team and made them mediocre. 15-14 with 9 seniors. Only thing he’d be doing is trying to get back to Corbin as fast as possible.
I think Swords would be a great hire...the guy essentially won 35 or 36 games in the last 2 years at Berea...yeah Berea. I know for a fact he got kids to buy in, and make a commitment their which isn’t easy. The guy is the best coach to come through Berea in 30 years. He would be a great fit for that Region and would have Whitley to sweet 16 in 5 years or less...write that down!
And my buddy in Whitley said Bentley did not interview.
This was the first job open this off season. What is the latest, Hamlin, Bentley, Swords?
Crazy... Bentley interview twice and then took his name out or turned it down. Not sure exactly which. Swords also interview twice. Josh Hamlin interviewed and was told no. Billy Carson, David Estes and John Tinsley Sr are others interviewed.
I would say Estes will get the position then especially since he has boys upcoming.
Again, if Estes wants it, Siler will give it to him.
Announcement at 12:00 today.
Mark White is officially the coach. He coached down at mississippi state for a while and was nationally ranked, so hopefully these boys got their coach they needed.
Mark white is whitley new coach
How good is this coach? Smile
Everything I hear has been very positive so far.
pjdoug Wrote:How good is this coach? Smile

He’s already won as many district tournament games as overstay did in 9 years.
Happyhour247 Wrote:He’s already won as many district tournament games as overstay did in 9 years.

Definitely an upgrade and a quality coach but just how good of a coach is he? I don't know much about him Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Definitely an upgrade and a quality coach but just how good of a coach is he? I don't know much about him Smile

Nobody else does either. lol
It sounded like they lost three starters - one to Corbin and two not playing. I guess things could change though.