Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley Co. 58 Leslie 38 (14th region)
Leslie jumped out to a 6-0 run to start game but once Lady Owls took the lead they never looked back. Owls advance to Friday's semi-final matchup against Knott Central. Should be another dandy game.
Looking forward to Friday nights game. Lady Owls are playing really well as a team. And at the right time. So far the tournament has been a good one.
Go get them Owls, I will be pulling for you to win the region, now that my Lady Eagles are eliminated.
Congrats to the Owsley Lady Owls on a nice victory. They executed well and played hard. On the other hand, I'm very disappointed in Coach Sparks. He had all season to prepare his team and they didn't look any better last night than they did in early December. They were forcing shots and too predictable. I really don't want to hear excuses about being a young team because most of these teams are young. They just were not prepared. They did not handle the press well and tried to force the ball in Meyers hands while being double and tripled team. Leslie better condition over the summer and learn how to handle pressure.
Datruth maybe you should go help Coach Sparks since you have all the answers to his team. Love a bleacher coach.
Leslie went 15 for 75 from the field......that will get you beat every single time.
Leslie looked like they didn’t wanna be there
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/3rd8rt.jpg]

Bolz, all of Morty's visitors better buckle the freak up cause the Big A$$ fans will be rollin and Brown Sugar is coming at you wide open. Ole fatpat is exercising this morning knocking down a bucket of chester fried.

Special invite to all girls teams to come watch Brown Sugar and White Choc cause we cookin up some lil engines.

#lilenginesderailed More mash taters please!!!
DukeBoy Wrote:Datruth maybe you should go help Coach Sparks since you have all the answers to his team. Love a bleacher coach.

From what I witnessed, he needs more than my help. JMO, not impressed.
Leslie lacks a primary ball handler and it showed against Owsley's press. Leslie looked exhausted and out of shape which is not typical of a Leslie team. Turnovers and missing easy baskets at the rim and they were playing catch up against a very good Owsley team.
Da Truth Wrote:From what I witnessed, he needs more than my help. JMO, not impressed.

Until you walk in the mans shoes, you shouldn't be so critical. You can coach but you cant make shots and some times you cant get a kid in shape no matter how much you do with them. Coaches get their players 2 - 3 hours a day. What the kid does (bad diet, poor sleep, vaping, smoking, bad home life, partying) is something that coaches cant control. Not saying this goes on at Leslie but it goes on at a lot of schools.