Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County 69 Perry County Central 64
PCC never had a lead I don't think
Leslie had the better TEAM and they won. Perry looked somewhat selfish to me. They never got the ball the big Hagans girl any hardly.
DukeBoy Wrote:Leslie had the better TEAM and they won. Perry looked somewhat selfish to me. They never got the ball the big Hagans girl any hardly.

Perry probably has the most talent in the region but too many substitutions and bad offense never let perry get in any flow
hitter Wrote:Perry probably has the most talent in the region but too many substitutions and bad offense never let perry get in any flow

I do think Perry has a lot of talent but I saw the Profitt girl at the game tonight and she would been their pointguard all year long if she hadnt been injured. I watched Perry play 3 games this year and it was hard for them getting in any real flow without a true point guard. Hoskins girl done well but isnt a true passing pg.
Should have definitely taken the ball inside more. The big girl was either scoring or getting fouled just didn’t get the ball more. Also I hardly ever say anything about officials but the short ref made several big calls even when it wasn’t his call. They are young 8 freshman they still have a bright future. A bad draw having to play Leslie at home in the first game of the district. They have a couple of kids including Profitt who will be back next year. But the coach needs to make them turn the offense over and look inside instead of just coming down and automatically jacking up a 3. JMO
JMO but from the bleachers it looks to me that the well has ran dry at Perry Central. Weakest I have ever saw girls and boys basketball in the schools history. Perry has a lot a work to do or a lot of recruiting to do in order to ever get to the state tournament again. And Leslie County has the best freshman group in the region. Last nights game was a testament to that. Great job Coach Sparks.
You my friend are in-law la la land or maybe I don’t know what you are smoking over there. Enjoy it this will be their last victory over Perry for the foreseeable future. They have 8 freshman on this team 1 7th grader NO Seniors.
SmileyTown Wrote:You my friend are in-law la la land or maybe I don’t know what you are smoking over there. Enjoy it this will be their last victory over Perry for the foreseeable future. They have 8 freshman on this team 1 7th grader NO Seniors.
Leslie only has one senior this year and generally starts three freshmen. Only two juniors, one that starts and another that gets a little PT. Perry Central and Leslie's rosters are very similar. Leslie will be the superior team for the next few years.
Leslie has the guards and the bigs at the freshman level. Perry only has 8 guards. Knott County has a very good group of guards along with a 7th grader that will end up about 6'2 or 6'3. Perry does have a bright future but they are going to have to find them some good young bigs.
Well let’s talk a little math here are u really saying that losing the player of the year in the 14th isn’t going to hurt? Are u saying that. A district probably half the size of Perry is going to dominate them for the foreseeable future. And lastly do u think that if the district hadn’t been played at Leslie this year they would have even won this year. I’ll go back to my previous post I don’t know what u are smoking over there. But congratulations on winning last nite but i suspect that when they get out of the district they will probably go about as far as they did in the ALL A
What had worried me about Leslie is that they have a very dominate player in Meyers. Typically teams like that are carried by those players and would need that player to do good in streaks during tournament time in order to advance. Meyers had a terrible game and still ended up with around 20 points. They rest of the team proved they can step up with a very young group. She got her non-typical game over with. I believe now that Leslie will be the most dangerous team moving forward.
They went to the All A Championship game.
[Image: https://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2...addles.gif] Bruthas bruthas ole Fatpat called it whilez back that Perry wouldnt get by Leslie plain and simple!The ole Napper juice has ran out and the door is always open for Hosky and few other playas to come to Mortys!Perry out as fast as ole Fatpat out of the Escalade with the entourage going into a buffet! #alwaysnextyear More mash taters please!!!
Everybody better go ahead and get their jabs in while they can. McAlarnis will build a powerhouse program and it won’t take long either
DukeBoy Wrote:Leslie has the guards and the bigs at the freshman level. Perry only has 8 guards. Knott County has a very good group of guards along with a 7th grader that will end up about 6'2 or 6'3. Perry does have a bright future but they are going to have to find them some good young bigs.

I’m sure they will.
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: https://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2...addles.gif] Bruthas bruthas ole Fatpat called it whilez back that Perry wouldnt get by Leslie plain and simple!The ole Napper juice has ran out and the door is always open for Hosky and few other playas to come to Mortys!Perry out as fast as ole Fatpat out of the Escalade with the entourage going into a buffet! #alwaysnextyear More mash taters please!!!

Fatpat that is lowdown even for u you didn’t have to get racial.The video and the way you said your phrases .
SmileyTown Wrote:Fatpat that is lowdown even for u you didn’t have to get racial.The video and the way you said your phrases .

[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/3qcps0.jpg]

frowny, ole fatpat is seriously worried about you brutha. If you jump on the bandwagon now, you can make it before we hang some more banners my friend.

#thisoneneedsmaximumstrength More mash taters please!!!
HollerRat Wrote:Everybody better go ahead and get their jabs in while they can. McAlarnis will build a powerhouse program and it won’t take long either

[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/3qcqn5.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Generator

#betterconsultnapper More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/3qcps0.jpg]

frowny, ole fatpat is seriously worried about you brutha. If you jump on the bandwagon now, you can make it before we hang some more banners my friend.

#thisoneneedsmaximumstrength More mash taters please!!!

How about u kiss my butthurt and make it better.
PCC “build” a powerhouse meaning let’s go get some out of state kids and let them live with the coach. Lol
Heard that they were adding on 3 new rooms to their house. Gonna be like Cordia only with nicer dorms.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Heard that they were adding on 3 new rooms to their house. Gonna be like Cordia only with nicer dorms.

Not 3 new rooms 3 three new houses. No seriously until the KHSAA changes their rules this is a moot point. Schools like Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Trinity any private school they have no set school boundaries they get kids from practically anywhere no one ever complains about that but a public school getting a kid outside their district are open to criticism and jealousy until the KHSAA make their rules fair for all schools playing under the same regulations this will always be a topic for discussion.
SmileyTown Wrote:Not 3 new rooms 3 three new houses. No seriously until the KHSAA changes their rules this is a moot point. Schools like Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Trinity any private school they have no set school boundaries they get kids from practically anywhere no one ever complains about that but a public school getting a kid outside their district are open to criticism and jealousy until the KHSAA make their rules fair for all schools playing under the same regulations this will always be a topic for discussion.

people moving to Lexington, Louisville and Covington is ok. there is jobs there. people moving from these places to eastern KY is a joke. there is no jobs here. if they do move here, it is because someone pay them....
I can tell a good story at PCC and one of there player they got on the boy side.....
cj2561 Wrote:people moving to Lexington, Louisville and Covington is ok. there is jobs there. people moving from these places to eastern KY is a joke. there is no jobs here. if they do move here, it is because someone pay them....
I can tell a good story at PCC and one of there player they got on the boy side.....
Everybody knows that Coach Shannon Hoskins is the best recruiter in the state of Kentucky, even better than Coach Cal. Old news
People move to Perry County all the dang time. Especially getting a job at the hospital. Theres more opportunities there than some would think.
Let's be honest. Basketball outside of eastern Kentucky is on a different level. I love my mountain basketball, and I take pride about where I'm from, I like to win, but at what cost? Now legitimate transfers do happen, should be way more rare than they are, but what are the odds that they only happen to the typical same schools? Another opinion, a lot of people take mountain sports wayyyy to seriously. These sports are for the kids, not the adults. When people figure that out, pure sports will come back.
Sports really arent any better as a whole. Maybe some stronger teams in the big cities but in the rural counties not really. Eastern Ky is catching up.
I’m not even from the mountains, I’m originally from up north. I’ll have to disagree. And evidence for this is even happens here in the Mountians. In most cases when a out of state transfer comes, they instantly become the top 3 players in their region. Transfers come to boost their stats and other select reasons to make their name stand out more for college. Your numbers are not going to be the same playing against better competition. You are right about rural counties, but transfers aren’t coming from there. They’re coming from big cities.
Ive not saw any girls transfers in the 14th region from out of state or any of our bigger Ky towns. I dont really even know why we are discussing transfers really. All I know is that the top 5 or 6 14th region teams can compete pretty well state wide. Now there are a 5-10 top teams state wide that can beat the 14th by 20 plus but thats just the way it is.