Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus Canceling Season?
Hearing rumors that all spring sports are being cancelled? Not seen anything official yet, but I know KHSAA was supposed to meet this morning. Anybody know anything?
[Image:

]

Bolz, this crony virus has got the entourage running around like a mutha. Ole fatpat is hoping the spring sports carry on cause we gotz more banners to hang brutha.

#crampinmytrophycase More mash taters please!!!
I hope not with season opening on Monday. Would much rather see the season delayed by 2-3 weeks; and move when the season ends. However, I am guessing the KHSAA will announce the spring season sports cancelled when Beshear announces to close schools for COVID19, which will be Monday at the earliest.
TheBear Wrote:I hope not with season opening on Monday. Would much rather see the season delayed by 2-3 weeks; and move when the season ends. However, I am guessing the KHSAA will announce the spring season sports cancelled when Beshear announces to close schools for COVID19, which will be Monday at the earliest.
I don't see them pushing back the end date of the season if they were to delay it 2-3 weeks. Just figure whatever is scheduled for those weeks will be cancelled or teams can try to reschedule. They'll let the contracts schools have signed just be forgotten about. Really hate this for the seniors, hopefully it works out for everyone
That'd be a shame, hearing that the KHSAA only has the right to cancel the state championships, the board of education can cancel the season
TheBear Wrote:I hope not with season opening on Monday. Would much rather see the season delayed by 2-3 weeks; and move when the season ends. However, I am guessing the KHSAA will announce the spring season sports cancelled when Beshear announces to close schools for COVID19, which will be Monday at the earliest.

Julian Tackett said last night that the KHSAA doesn’t have jurisdiction to cancel spring sports. That will be a District by district decision. However, the the KHSAA governs the post season play....and they could cancel all postseason tourneys for all sports
Did not know the KHSAA did not have jurisdiction to cancel spring sports; thanks for the insight. With that power being with the board; I hope BOEs from across the state would agree to postpone and not cancel, if the governor decides to closes schools.
North Carolina has suspended all spring sports until at least April 6. The basketball state championships scheduled for this weekend has been postponed. All this uncertainty feels like the days leading up to Hurricane Florence. Nobody knows how bad it will be and when things return to "normal."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Just saw press release stating Governor recommending a two week shut down of all KY schools.
Mandatory Dead Period through April 12th.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Mandatory Dead Period through April 12th.

I’m hearing from solid sources that schools will not reconvene this school year. If true, very unfortunate for all our student athletes, but especially the seniors. 👎🏻
KHSAA made it official today. Spring sports have been cancelled.