Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel v. North Laurel
Is there an outlet that is going to stream the game? I'd like to watch it.
I was told the venue it was being played at didn’t allow live streams of games, do not know that to be fact but that’s what I was told
Can’t believe south coach goin tonplay sense was scared to play reglar season
2face Wrote:Can’t believe south coach goin tonplay sense was scared to play reglar season

I don’t think that’s the issue. They were not scared to play anyone this year. Should be a great battle today
If ain’t scared then shouldn’t have cancel games
2face Wrote:Can’t believe south coach goin tonplay sense was scared to play reglar season

That’s definitely not accurate, North got mad South got some transfers North wanted, then tried to get KHSAA involved, then South’s coach cancelled series.
fridaynightfights Wrote:That’s definitely not accurate, North got mad South got some transfers North wanted, then tried to get KHSAA involved, then South’s coach cancelled series.

Well should played them if he got the illegal players
2face Wrote:Well should played them if he got the illegal players

South won.

So much for being scared
Souders and South girls didn’t seem too scared when they were up 20. Oh. By the way. That recruit at North, Collins , pretty impressive for 7th grader. Lot of rocks thrown from a glass house 2face.
I don’t have a dog in the fight over the off court issues, just want to comment on the game. First five minutes was as good as I’ve ever seen in a girls game. It was 17-17 with 3:20 left in 1st quarter! Looked like both teams were headed for 100, offensive execution was unreal on both sides. Happy for Collett and Steele, way too talented to not win region at least once, and the big girl Presley was a difference maker inside. These two will be at top of region for foreseeable future, North probably a slight favorite next year just based on the unbelievable talent South is graduating.
Can’t believe south coach goin tonplay sense was scared to play reglar season

Looks like Mahan, Durham, and Black (North’s admin) should have worried more about coaching and less about false accusations, following a 16yr old little girl around, etc.
Congratulations to South Laurel.

I say this with all the respect I can have for everyone. And I know it doesn’t really matter but
How in the world was Amerah Steele not the tournament MVP?
CA3 Wrote:Congratulations to South Laurel.

I say this with all the respect I can have for everyone. And I know it doesn’t really matter but

Collet went off in the championship!!
^its TOURNAMENT MVP. Not game mvp.
And Steele still had 20 in the championship
Leonards_loser Wrote:Souders and South girls didn’t seem too scared when they were up 20. Oh. By the way. That recruit at North, Collins , pretty impressive for 7th grader. Lot of rocks thrown from a glass house 2face.

I’m not from Laurel or Jackson County (where Collins lives) but I don’t think she is a “recruit”. It’s my understanding that as far back as her 4th grade year her parents did not want her to go to the Jackson County schools. I don’t know what the reason was but I’ve heard this from different sources. Her mother has a job in London and that made the decision that much easier to enroll her at North since her mom had to drive there anyway each day to her job. Now, I realize that North is lucky that their school was the one chosen by the parents but it doesn’t appear there was any recruiting going on. The girl transferred there as a sixth grader. Who recruits a sixth grader???
CA3 Wrote:Congratulations to South Laurel.

I'm with you on this one. Points aren't everything obviously, but Steele had 50 in the first two games to Collett's 14, then had an excellent championship game as well. That's nothing against Collett, a great player, and by all accounts a great kid, but Steele for whatever reason seems to get short-changed a little sometimes.
How come south girls didn’t have flu when apprantly all south boys had it and caused them to lose
Congratulations to South Laurel and Coach Souder. I watched the 14th regional championship instead of this one but South Laurel will have their hands full with Sacred Heart. Moir has them sitting with over 30 plus wins and they are an athletic team. South loses a lot next year so North will be one of the top contenders again next year.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I’m not from Laurel or Jackson County (where Collins lives) but I don’t think she is a “recruit”. It’s my understanding that as far back as her 4th grade year her parents did not want her to go to the Jackson County schools. I don’t know what the reason was but I’ve heard this from different sources. Her mother has a job in London and that made the decision that much easier to enroll her at North since her mom had to drive there anyway each day to her job. Now, I realize that North is lucky that their school was the one chosen by the parents but it doesn’t appear there was any recruiting going on. The girl transferred there as a sixth grader. Who recruits a sixth grader???

Someone who sees her in AAU circuits and believes she can average 15 a game in a varsity game as a 7th grader. Just food for thought.
this kid never played on no aau circuit. she probably will at some point ,but not yet
Steele was MVP of 13th Region Tourney! Hands down best tournament! Should have been 50th district player of the year and 13 th region player of the year..sad politics trumps play!
Passtheball Wrote:Steele was MVP of 13th Region Tourney! Hands down best tournament! Should have been 50th district player of the year and 13 th region player of the year..sad politics trumps play!

Don’t think it matters to those girls. They seem to be best friends on and off the court. What matters most to them I’m sure is the fact they beat the best girls team in the state.