Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Has The Coronavirus Changed Your Life?
How has the Coronavirus changed your life? Has your daily routine changed? Has your diet changed due to the Coke man not getting the pop out on the shelves quick enough, and you can find any? Cough Cough Let's hear it?
I usually order almost all my groceries online. Wal-Mart have been out of almost all my favorite brands. I had to get Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter instead of Jiff or Skippy, I had to get strawberry jelly instead of grape jelly, I couldn't find any walnut, raisin, and date oatmeal, etc. I was able to find my favorite washing powders, but there was a limit on how much a person could order. People are in complete panic mode and are stockpiling everything. Luckily protein powder doesn't seem to be in too big of a demand. That is the only thing I was able to get in my favorite brand\flavor.
Life hasn't changed much for me so far. I will not be surprised if we don't have school until August. We are supposed to learn today our roles providing work for the students today. If we don't have have school again, I'm not sure how I will be able to do my remaining 10 IEP's that I need to do in April.
Our stores are still pretty well stocked except for water and toilet paper. The stores were much worse after Florence. There absolutely nothing on shelves then.
All I can do is take everything day by day. I can only control what I can control. I'm not going to worry about the things I can't control.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My job has become a lot harder and more stressful. Stores are running out of packages that normally you couldn’t give away and supplies are starting to dwindle so stores are going to continue to get lower and lower until we either replenish our supply or we just run out all together.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I had planned to do Spring Cleaning since the first of the year, so I ordered an abundance of cleaning supplies, toilet paper and paper towels. I also have 6 gallons of Clorox since I use it to spray on my siding and decks before pressure washing. I didn't/don't hoard. It just happened to fall conveniently for me.
Westside Wrote:I usually order almost all my groceries online. Wal-Mart have been out of almost all my favorite brands. I had to get Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter instead of Jiff or Skippy, I had to get strawberry jelly instead of grape jelly, I couldn't find any walnut, raisin, and date oatmeal, etc. I was able to find my favorite washing powders, but there was a limit on how much a person could order. People are in complete panic mode and are stockpiling everything. Luckily protein powder doesn't seem to be in too big of a demand. That is the only thing I was able to get in my favorite brand\flavor.

You are one of my favorite people on the site but that is one of the silliest things I have ever heard in my life. You literally couldn't make a list of the top billion problems on Earth and that make the list. Confusednicker:
I'm now required to telecommute four days a week and work in the office one day. The problem is that I can't access the servers from home that I need to access for most of my work. My children all work in public facing jobs, so we are keeping in touch mostly through phone and Facebook Portal video calls.

We have more than enough food and water for a few weeks. We have eliminated trips to restaurants and we probably will not make any runs to the grocery stores for the next few weeks. Lines are long and tempers are getting short, so it's not worth the hassle to make unneccessary trips.

Overall, i have not been affected much. Aside from commuting to work and back, I don't get out much anyway. We do get a lot of restaurant food delivered, which I will miss but I expect to lose some weight eating my own cooking. I am also finally using my treadmill desk for its intended purpose.
jetpilot Wrote:You are one of my favorite people on the site but that is one of the silliest things I have ever heard in my life. You literally couldn't make a list of the top billion problems on Earth and that make the list. Confusednicker:

I call BS!!!! You KNOW you prefer Jiff!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:I call BS!!!! You KNOW you prefer Jiff!!!!

I personally don't like peanut butter. My four kids thought I was crazy:lmao:
jetpilot Wrote:You are one of my favorite people on the site but that is one of the silliest things I have ever heard in my life. You literally couldn't make a list of the top billion problems on Earth and that make the list. Confusednicker:

That's easy for you to say. You're probably eating a jar of Jiff peanut butter as I type this.
I worked at an Amazon warehouse in New York has tested positive for the Coronavirus. How does this affect us. I have been leaving my boxes on the porch before opening them for 3 days since this whole madness started.I

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus...04XT1AzFXE
* I go to the grocery store earlier in the morning after the elderly hour ends!

* I talk with or text to more friends and family than ever before!

* Enjoy saving on gas and time by attending meetings remotely from home!

* Have become very efficient at doing more dishes!

* Have knocked out a few projects that I have been procrastinating on!

* I do miss hugs and handshakes...

; )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Westside Wrote:I worked at an Amazon warehouse in New York has tested positive for the Coronavirus. How does this affect us. I have been leaving my boxes on the porch before opening them for 3 days since this whole madness started.I

The wife has been spraying disinfectant on all packages. I think its a good idea to leave a package alone for a few days if you don't have a disinfectant available. Think i read the virus can live on cardboard for 2-3 days.

Just discovered 1 day is enough to quatantine on cardboard! see the following :
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/2...866340001/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I'm working from home now, which is saving me a lot of money on gas because I drive about 40 miles to work. My kids are "attending" school from home as well. Wife is still going out to work. Which means I get to see my kids all day now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spirit100 Wrote:* I go to the grocery store earlier in the morning after the elderly hour ends!

* I talk with or text to more friends and family than ever before!

* Enjoy saving on gas and time by attending meetings remotely from home!

* Have become very efficient at doing more dishes!

* Have knocked out a few projects that I have been procrastinating on!

* I do miss hugs and handshakes...

; )

I do not miss the hugs and handshakes. I always dreaded meeting someone new or seeing people that I have seen in a while because of hugs and handshakes. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see you or meet you. I just don't like hugging or shaking hands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:I do not miss the hugs and handshakes. I always dreaded meeting someone new or seeing people that I have seen in a while because of hugs and handshakes. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to see you or meet you. I just don't like hugging or shaking hands.

I like handshakes and if the woman is good looking, I like a kiss.
Westside Wrote:I worked at an Amazon warehouse in New York has tested positive for the Coronavirus. How does this affect us. I have been leaving my boxes on the porch before opening them for 3 days since this whole madness started.I

So this fulfillment center in NY will only impact the local region. For example the Amazon center in Staten Island they just had a strike in only services NY, CT, and RI.

Begin to worry if NKY and Lexington fulfillment centers have multiple covid 19 effected employees.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
This lockdown has got me interested in doing more cooking at home, including using my smoker more. I have also become interested in baking fresh bread to go with the meat from the smoker.

Panic buying and the fact that more people are wanting to reduce trips to grocery stores have driven prices on bread makers sky high and it is almost impossible to find the better models in stock at any price. So, I have ordered a 650 watt stand mixer. I really wanted a much more expensive Swedish mixer, but I just could not justify the extra cost. I have a feeling that it will soon become difficult to find mixers capable of making large batches of bread dough.

I would never dreamed that people would be stripping the shelves of yeast, bread makers, and chickpeas (garbanzo beans).

Freezer prices have also risen to unreal levels. I bought a small freezer a few weeks before the lockdown began and I paid less then than one with less than half the capacity costs now.

I highly recommend stocking up on some vegetarian sources of protein in case supplies of meat and poultry become scarce or prices reach ridiculous levels. Chickpeas and quinoa are great sources of protein and have a shelf life of at least 2 or 3 years.

Because the barber shops were forced to close and I was way overdue a haircut, I ordered some Wahl barber clippers and guides. After I received them, everything that I had ordered and most of the clippers that I had considered buying were out of stock. This lockdown is destroying small businesses like barbershops.
From the perspective of a pastor; It has changed a lot in my daily routine but I am busier than ever.
We used this time to revamp our live streaming system and do some updates around the building. We also have worked on producing a plan for returning and keeping in touch with ppl.
We did a week of feeding the community drive-thru dinners every day and have done three or four feeding days since then; handing out about 5,000 meals.
Also, my wife had a baby so that has changed the sleep schedule more than anything lol.
Like Hoot I've gotten into smokin foods. Getting pretty decent with pork shoulder, ribs, and salmon. Did a turkey a month ago and know a bird will never see the inside of our oven ever again. Smoked bird was great.

My family is getting a bit stir crazy. We are all exercising more, taking walks, and watching a lot less TV. Looking forward to a meal out soon as the state reopens. Still have a great respect for covid19 and we are still taking precautions. I also have a great respect for our economy and folks getting back to work asap and in a healthy manner.

Both can be achieved!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi