•  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a 2020 football season?
TheColonel Wrote:Use to be that way but most everyone knows someone that has it.

Not anyone I talk to, and I talk to a lot of people.
I can see where you are coming from, but I am firmly in the "go on living your life but be very careful out there" camp.

We can agree to disagree, but I think we are both hopeful...
Had a buddy tell me last night that one of his family members talk to J. Tackett Thursday night and he still believes there will be fall sports, so who knows.
We both agree that we want to play, we just disagree on how to get there. I still say give them no reason to say no go by shutting it down till Aug 3. By staying with what we are doing they will come up with a reason. Watch and see. Tackett doesn’t make this call, Governor and his advisors. Make no mistake we will be on the other end of this one .
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Had a buddy tell me last night that one of his family members talk to J. Tackett Thursday night and he still believes there will be fall sports, so who knows.

Tackett is fighting for football for alternative reasons, KHSAA is going broke! He is fighting to save his job. If no fall sports he may have to go to work for a living.
TheColonel Wrote:We both agree that we want to play, we just disagree on how to get there. I still say give them no reason to say no go by shutting it down till Aug 3. By staying with what we are doing they will come up with a reason. Watch and see. Tackett doesn’t make this call, Governor and his advisors. Make no mistake we will be on the other end of this one .

Already were shut down for months...most people get sick inside, not outside.
Have a good one Colonel, I'm going outside myself for the rest of the day.
TheColonel Wrote:We both agree that we want to play, we just disagree on how to get there. I still say give them no reason to say no go by shutting it down till Aug 3. By staying with what we are doing they will come up with a reason. Watch and see. Tackett doesn’t make this call, Governor and his advisors. Make no mistake we will be on the other end of this one .

Tell me how the team is looking Smile
jetpilot Wrote:I agree the governor is an idiot, but it won't be up to just him. Other states will be having fall sports as usual and when that happens the 90% of people who aren't scared in KY will be furious if no sports here.

Apparently Virginia is not having fall sports. Tennessee has backed their schedule up. So no, not as usual.

At the collegiate level Big Ten is only playing in conference and so is Pac 12. SEC will announce in a week or two. So again no to sports as usual. Those are the examples I can cite.

23 other states have mandated mask wearing. Only one of the governors is being sued at the moment.

One town Atlanta is being sued by the Governor because Atlanta has a mandate to put a mask on so it belongs in its own area.

Texas has pushed back the start of school by three weeks. I do not know about football.

The good news in Alabama after mask mandate a month has gone by and the infection rate has gone down by half!

I am not sure though on W.V., Ohio, or Missouri though.
mr.fundamental Wrote:Apparently Virginia is not having fall sports. Tennessee has backed their schedule up. So no, not as usual.

At the collegiate level Big Ten is only playing in conference and so is Pac 12. SEC will announce in a week or two. So again no to sports as usual. Those are the examples I can cite.

23 other states have mandated mask wearing. Only one of the governors is being sued at the moment.

One town Atlanta is being sued by the Governor because Atlanta has a mandate to put a mask on so it belongs in its own area.

Texas has pushed back the start of school by three weeks. I do not know about football.

The good news in Alabama after mask mandate a month has gone by and the infection rate has gone down by half!

I am not sure though on W.V., Ohio, or Missouri though.

Wrong answer. Iowa is starting football on time. Michigan has also said they will begin football on time.

Look, I don't care about starting on time, but the same people who say delay it now will keep saying delay it. As long as there is some kind of season I'm good. But the same characters who are scared now will still be screaming when it is decided to start play. Watch and see.
What kind of parent puts their child in a situation that we know little about and no vaccine available? Why would any parent gamble for a chance at high school sports which mean nothing in the long run for the student athletes? KHSAA is just prolonging your hanging by not making it official.
CDC director Robert Redfield just said in a interview he would argue that it was absolutely safe based on the data to reopen schools in every state. He said with the absence of significance medical conditions anyone under the age of 45 was Asystematic . He also said that of the 52 deaths from 0-18 years of age, they had other severe medical underlying conditions. He said absolutely schools could open and should open. The kids who were vulnerable needed to be protected. Meaning those kids with heavy underlying medical conditions and teachers. Not my words, but from the CDC. Now to me that’s a heck of a statement when everyone is just not sure what to do.
WinkWinkler Wrote:What kind of parent puts their child in a situation that we know little about and no vaccine available? Why would any parent gamble for a chance at high school sports which mean nothing in the long run for the student athletes? KHSAA is just prolonging your hanging by not making it official.

Butthead voice: Huh huh...dumb people...huh huh huh

I would hate to be your kid, and you can obviously do whatever you want...just don't expect to tell the vast majority of people with walking around sense what they must do. It's real simple, scared people should stay home and keep their family at home, and leave people who choose to go on with their lives alone.
Mods should take note of the posters that try to lessen the importance or shame other posters for having viewpoints that differ from them. It is happening more and more, especially on this thread. Jet pilot has made his opinion known, he is willing to risk the lives of the sick and elderly in order to go to a sporting event. That’s fine and dandy but his opinion is just that and is not any more or less relevant than any other posters on here. I do not agree with jetpilot, but I respect his right to have his opinion. Please mods, for the sake of this site turning into the other one, stop the bullying and immature attacks instead of healthy debates.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I appreciate the passive aggressive tone in the above post. Here is the facts, kids are just as likely to die driving back and forth to practice, games, school than from this. They are also very likely to die from heat, an underlying heart condition or suicide. Unfortunately people die in this world, it’s a fact of life. No one is suggesting they want to sacrifice anyone but the risk is there from flu, pneumonia or Mono but life goes on. Why is it different now? Long term affects? The elderly are at risk? I keep seeing someone say what is the number you are willing to sacrifice? That’s a ridiculous question. If you are a parent and you let your child drive then their risk is quite higher at death from a fatal crash than from this. If you are a parent and you let your child play football then the risk of a long term spinal injury is higher than death from this. It’s time to live with this the same way we have lived with the flu since 1917.
Micro-Brew Wrote:I appreciate the passive aggressive tone in the above post. Here is the facts, kids are just as likely to die driving back and forth to practice, games, school than from this. They are also very likely to die from heat, an underlying heart condition or suicide. Unfortunately people die in this world, it’s a fact of life. No one is suggesting they want to sacrifice anyone but the risk is there from flu, pneumonia or Mono but life goes on. Why is it different now? Long term affects? The elderly are at risk? I keep seeing someone say what is the number you are willing to sacrifice? That’s a ridiculous question. If you are a parent and you let your child drive then their risk is quite higher at death from a fatal crash than from this. If you are a parent and you let your child play football then the risk of a long term spinal injury is higher than death from this. It’s time to live with this the same way we have lived with the flu since 1917.
Risks for the kids are negligible but the risks for the elderly, of whom raise a good number of the kids, is not. I wish we could get back to normal now, but I do not want to see my 89 year old Dad get this and smother to death because some people love games. I am his only caregiver, and while I know he has loved a long life and is nearing the end, his life is just as important and anyone else’s. If something is going to increase the risk to him I will speak against it and will not apologize. That being said my views are my own. I acknowledge others points of view but my circumstances do not allow me to put sports before risk.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

So have you been as adamant during the last couple flu seasons for fear that your 87 or 88 yo father at the time was at serious risk of flu which could develop into pneumonia? The risk for that is clearly just as high as revealed by the data. Were you as adamant during H1N1 which actually was killing a much higher percentage of the youth and elderly? If so then I appreciate your concern and your opinion but if not why now vs those situations? Unfortunately your father, just like you and just like me will expire. Unfortunately we can’t hold on forever. We must live. Isolate him and protect him how you must but the rest of the world shouldn’t be punished because of death which is imminent. BTW I hope your father reaches 100 is still just as spry then as he is now.
JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:Mods should take note of the posters that try to lessen the importance or shame other posters for having viewpoints that differ from them. It is happening more and more, especially on this thread. Jet pilot has made his opinion known, he is willing to risk the lives of the sick and elderly in order to go to a sporting event. That’s fine and dandy but his opinion is just that and is not any more or less relevant than any other posters on here. I do not agree with jetpilot, but I respect his right to have his opinion. Please mods, for the sake of this site turning into the other one, stop the bullying and immature attacks instead of healthy debates.

Are you gonna cry or just be a tattletale?
Georgia delaying start of season 2-weeks.
California suspending until December or January.
Geeeesh I've been flipping between yes we'll get to play and no way can they play, with what's happened at Hazard I'd be shocked if High schools get to play, of course I may change my mind in an hour. Question would you be willing to allow your kid to play if it meant the compounding of the possibility that several in your family end up with COVID or at a minimum you get involved in a contact situation and are asked to quarantine for 2 weeks. That's where the rubber hits the road.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football...-vacation/
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Georgia delaying start of season 2-weeks.
California suspending until December or January.

of course the fruit and nut state is and the prune that has BS flowing from her mouth loves it.
pjdoug Wrote:of course the fruit and nut state is and the prune that has BS flowing from her mouth loves it.
You seem to have an Andy fetish. Should he be concerned?
footballfever Wrote:You seem to have an Andy fetish. Should he be concerned?
I seem to have no such thing. Just because you are brainwashed and play pitch and catch with him doesn't mean anything to me.
Just got off the phone with some reliable sources. Prediction is that on Tuesday they will announce that they are extending the current period 2 more weeks. The season will start with the 3rd regular season game. This will give us an 8 game season with regular playoff. If this is the case I will be happier than a pig in crap. I am sure there will be variables built in especially for playoffs. Some additional questions I have is what are we allowed to do in preporation for the season opener? At minimum we need 7 on 7. Also, how does this impact out of state teams? For example LCA's thrid game is against Cinci Christian Hills at LCA.
pjdoug Wrote:I seem to have no such thing. Just because you are brainwashed and play pitch and catch with him doesn't mean anything to me.

You’re the one referring to him all the time!!! I guess it could be a GUT feeling on my part.
Quote...... Just got off the phone with some reliable sources. Prediction is that on Tuesday they will announce that they are extending the current period 2 more weeks. The season will start with the 3rd regular season game. This will give us an 8 game season with regular playoff. If this is the case I will be happier than a pig in crap. I am sure there will be variables built in especially for playoffs. Some additional questions I have is what are we allowed to do in preporation for the season opener? At minimum we need 7 on 7. Also, how does this impact out of state teams? For example LCA's thrid game is against Cinci Christian Hills at LCA.

This could work, but let me get it straight.

So season will start in week 2 of the 2020 season. The season is set up in weeks, with the first game of the season being week 0

week 0 is August 21st
week 1 is August 28th
week 2 is September 4th
week 3 is September 11th.....

So will the start be on September 4th or the 11th?

Just heard the governor say he's thinking of asking schools to push opening forward a few weeks to give some more time to get things under control? I've heard it repeatedly if schools don't open football won't start. Can't social distance on a football field. who Knows.

Who Knows.
Oldtiger Wrote:Quote...... Just got off the phone with some reliable sources. Prediction is that on Tuesday they will announce that they are extending the current period 2 more weeks. The season will start with the 3rd regular season game. This will give us an 8 game season with regular playoff. If this is the case I will be happier than a pig in crap. I am sure there will be variables built in especially for playoffs. Some additional questions I have is what are we allowed to do in preporation for the season opener? At minimum we need 7 on 7. Also, how does this impact out of state teams? For example LCA's thrid game is against Cinci Christian Hills at LCA.

This could work, but let me get it straight.

So season will start in week 2 of the 2020 season. The season is set up in weeks, with the first game of the season being week 0

week 0 is August 21st
week 1 is August 28th
week 2 is September 4th
week 3 is September 11th.....

So will the start be on September 4th or the 11th?

Just heard the governor say he's thinking of asking schools to push opening forward a few weeks to give some more time to get things under control? I've heard it repeatedly if schools don't open football won't start. Can't social distance on a football field. who Knows.

Who Knows.

Jefferson and Fayette County are now starting virtually. Fayette County voted earlier today. I have no idea what that does for the KHSAA decision. I like the idea of pushing it back though to give time for this spike to go down. I even like the idea of starting in the spring. I do not think that the KHSAA will do that though because of basketball. Anyway, announcement coming on Tuesday!
I still think guidelines will need to be handled like what happens to a team if they test positive during the playoffs? If it is clearly defined now, then everyone will accept it and move on, but if it is during the season, that is when headaches will happen.
Tigerallamerican Wrote:Just got off the phone with some reliable sources. Prediction is that on Tuesday they will announce that they are extending the current period 2 more weeks. The season will start with the 3rd regular season game. This will give us an 8 game season with regular playoff. If this is the case I will be happier than a pig in crap. I am sure there will be variables built in especially for playoffs. Some additional questions I have is what are we allowed to do in preporation for the season opener? At minimum we need 7 on 7. Also, how does this impact out of state teams? For example LCA's thrid game is against Cinci Christian Hills at LCA.

This is BEST case scenario but I’m remaining optimistic. I hope your sources are correct though!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Fayette schools going to at home learning to begin school year might be a killer to our hopes for a football season.
Budsqueezer Wrote:Fayette schools going to at home learning to begin school year might be a killer to our hopes for a football season.

Following Fayette County public schools’ lead in football is rarely a good idea.
  •  Previous
  • 16(current)
  • Next