•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a 2020 football season?
So many people have Veto power on when any type of sports or activities can resume.

Governor
County Judge-Executives
Mayors
District or Circuit Judges
Kentucky Dept. of Education
KHSAA Admin. Staff
KHSAA Board of Control
Health Departments
Superintendents
Boards of Education
Principals
Athletic Directors

All it is gonna take is one of these people from one of our elected officials from any of our 120 counties or an administrator from one of the 250+ KHSAA member schools to Veto any scholastic athletic/extra-curricular activities to resume.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:So many people have Veto power on when any type of sports or activities can resume.

Governor
County Judge-Executives
Mayors
District or Circuit Judges
Kentucky Dept. of Education
KHSAA Admin. Staff
KHSAA Board of Control
Health Departments
Superintendents
Boards of Education
Principals
Athletic Directors

All it is gonna take is one of these people from one of our elected officials from any of our 120 counties or an administrator from one of the 250+ KHSAA member schools to Veto any scholastic athletic/extra-curricular activities to resume.

Truth. Unfortunately.....I just don’t see football happening this fall. For that matter, I don’t see schools systems, colleges, universities starting on time as well. I just think life as we know isn’t coming back anytime soon. IMO, vaccine will need to be in place for that too happen.
I think there is a real chance you dont have any sports at all in the 2020-2021 school year. I think the chances of all schools being internet based for next school year is a real thing.
I have heard that the football officials in this area have a meeting on April 19th for rules training and updates. Maybe we will hear more about what the KHSAA is thinking after that.
It’s a sport. That’s all. A life is way more important
Till a reliable vaccine is ready I just don’t see any sports being allowed...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
200+ people in the hospital in this state with this virus out of 4.5 million and no sports? Crazy IMO.
jetpilot Wrote:200+ people in the hospital in this state with this virus out of 4.5 million and no sports? Crazy IMO.

I love sports as much as anyone, but if the suspension had not happened the numbers would be a lot worse. People are not done dying from this.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:I love sports as much as anyone, but if the suspension had not happened the numbers would be a lot worse. People are not done dying from this.

Agreed. The precautionary steps have helped tremendously. Still hoping for a return to normalcy soon....but I still think it’s gonna be awhile
You guys go ahead and give a number of how many people in the hospital with this virus in KY before you are willing to be comfortable enough to allow sports? I'll wait for all the vague, "it all depends" answers.

95% chance there will be other states playing HS football in the fall. Hope our powers that be, most of whom aren't very bright and will continue to get their fat paychecks while telling the rest of us to tough it out indefinitely, won't ruin sports indefinitely.

But simple question, how many people hospitalized with Covid in KY is too many to allow sports?

This is something that has been really bothering me for a while. In all of this, I don't think we've had anything resembling a conversation about how deeply unfair all of this is to kids. In an instant, we took everything away from them. School, friends, activities. All of it.
9:18 PM · Apr 13, 2020·Twitter Web App
Retweets
@bethanyshondark
·
2h
Replying to
@bethanyshondark
We have no answers for them about when it might come back. And on some things, like their activities, we can't even promise it will come back. Will their dance school survive this? The Little Gym? The indoor playspaces? The places they take school and family trips?

Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
2h
And my Facebook is filled with NOTHING but parents complaining about their kids. It's really self-centered behavior that we would never accept if it came from our own kids.
Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
2h
Kids aren't really getting sick, and yet we are asking them to sacrifice their childhoods because they might be carriers. As I tell my kids they can't go on a playground because someone might call the police on us or post our pictures on NextDoor to complain, I'm getting angry.
Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
2h
We are ripping everything away from them, complaining that they are reacting to it negatively, and we have no answers for them about any of it.
Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
2h
This is going to have a lasting impact on a lot of kids. Kids who needed special ed services who aren't getting them. Kids who live with abusive parents and who no longer have mandatory reporters looking out for them. Teenagers who were already having mental health struggles.
Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
1h
What I keep wondering is this: What's the end game here? So school is canceled the rest of the year and we're talking about "maybe" coming back in the fall. So summer camps are out (lets see if they survive a canceled season). Do we put their lives on hold until a vaccine?
Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
1h
You can't hit pause on a kid's development. You can't just say wait two years so we can develop a shot. It doesn't work that way. We are making a deeply unfair decision for an entire generation if that's the expectation.
Bethany S. Mandel
@bethanyshondark
·
1h
At what point do we say that their lives have to be factored into this conversation? Into this calculus? Yes, reopening has its costs, that we have heard. But kids staying locked down like this has incalculable costs as well. We need to be discussing them.
jetpilot Wrote:You guys go ahead and give a number of how many people in the hospital with this virus in KY before you are willing to be comfortable enough to allow sports? I'll wait for all the vague, "it all depends" answers.

95% chance there will be other states playing HS football in the fall. Hope our powers that be, most of whom aren't very bright and will continue to get their fat paychecks while telling the rest of us to tough it out indefinitely, won't ruin sports indefinitely.

But simple question, how many people hospitalized with Covid in KY is too many to allow sports?
To me the answer to your question is simple. Far less than there would have been had nothing been done When the multi-billion dollar industries called for suspensions and cancellation of their sports is when I really took this seriously. No way they would lose that amount of money unless the situation is most serious.

JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:To me the answer to your question is simple. Far less than there would have been had nothing been done When the multi-billion dollar industries called for suspensions and cancellation of their sports is when I really took this seriously. No way they would lose that amount of money unless the situation is most serious.

It's not simple. You didn't even attempt to answer my question. Instead you gave your vague opinion on a completely different question which is unknowable and can't be proved or disproved.

Here is my very simple question again if you would like to give a very simple answer:
jetpilot Wrote:It's not simple. You didn't even attempt to answer my question. Instead you gave your vague opinion on a completely different question which is unknowable and can't be proved or disproved.

Here is my very simple question again if you would like to give a very simple answer:
While people are still dying from this virus and testing/vaccines are not widely available, it is irresponsible to even talk about sports. That is simple to me. Sports are fun but this is life and death.

Things should be normal post dead period, no reason for them not to be.
https://brobible.com/sports/article/dr-f...ng-summer/

JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:While people are still dying from this virus and testing/vaccines are not widely available, it is irresponsible to even talk about sports. That is simple to me. Sports are fun but this is life and death.

LOL! Now I'm being told what is even irresponsible to talk about! Maybe BGP should be shut down until further notice?

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::igiveup:
JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:https://brobible.com/sports/article/dr-f...ng-summer/

Not up to Fauci, and no way it ever should be.
jetpilot Wrote:Not up to Fauci, and no way it ever should be.

I understand your viewpoint. But I also understand there are several viewpoints in regards to this. There are those who say that the risk to others is worth reopening and the loss of life is acceptable. There are those who say that the loss of more lives and the risk is too great.

The reason more people have not died is because of the bold social distancing measures our leaders have implemented. The reason the numbers have plateaued is that we are adhering to guidelines for the most part.

No one knows what will happen if we loosen the restrictions right now. There may be more infections and death, or there may be a leveling off. But given what has happened in more populated places the probability of more illness and death is increased if we loosen restrictions without testing or a vaccine for everyone.

I do not want someone who has no idea they are sick to walk by me and sneeze or cough and accidentally get me sick. I myself would probably be fine, but my 89-year-old Father who I take care of. would.not be. And while I acknowledge there are those who will say that...”he is 89.....its his time....blah, blah, blah” I do not want my Father to die smothering to death, just because some people want to get the economy going and watch some sporting events.

JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:I understand your viewpoint. But I also understand there are several viewpoints in regards to this. There are those who say that the risk to others is worth reopening and the loss of life is acceptable. There are those who say that the loss of more lives and the risk is too great.

The reason more people have not died is because of the bold social distancing measures our leaders have implemented. The reason the numbers have plateaued is that we are adhering to guidelines for the most part.

No one knows what will happen if we loosen the restrictions right now. There may be more infections and death, or there may be a leveling off. But given what has happened in more populated places the probability of more illness and death is increased if we loosen restrictions without testing or a vaccine for everyone.

I do not want someone who has no idea they are sick to walk by me and sneeze or cough and accidentally get me sick. I myself would probably be fine, but my 89-year-old Father who I take care of. would.not be. And while I acknowledge there are those who will say that...”he is 89.....its his time....blah, blah, blah” I do not want my Father to die smothering to death, just because some people want to get the economy going and watch some sporting events.

Good post:Thumbs: we need to keep the vulnerable in mind high school football is not essential.
lex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
6h
Even
@nytimes
notes the insanity of Spanish restrictions on children, who are basically locked in their homes (reminder, for the nth time, kids are at ~0 risk from #COVID): “How do you explain to them that you can take your dog out, but not your child?”
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
11h
It’s increasingly clear the focus on widespread testing (as opposed to widespread ANTIBODY testing) is a sideshow designed to delay reopening and take the focus away from the empty hospitals. It’s another version of wait two weeks.
IMO, just let healthy people get out and continue living. If you are in the high risk category or live or care for the high risk then quarantine but the rest of us should be allowed to work, watch a sporting event, graduation or whatever we choose to do. We did this to flatten the curve, that’s the only reason that so many did this, we knew there would be deaths but now the curve is flattened and they want us to stay home longer.
Georgia about to set the trend, governor is starting to open the economy back up on Friday with specific guidelines.

It is very clear to me that one political party wants nothing more than to prolong the economy rebounding as much as possible.

I still fear Georgia is slightly rushing this, not sure why they didn't just wait until May 1st when the stay at home was set to end, but I get why the Governor is doing it and of course the Mayor of Atlanta is posturing in the polar opposite direction.

If the economy jump starts two weeks before everyone else and the numbers continue to decrease then Kemp will be a hero. If the numbers spike this could be viewed as a massive failure.

Just keep your eyes on it.
The KHSAA B.O.C. and Mr. JT just officially ended any hopes for the Girls & Boys Sweet 16 to be played this year as well and cancelling ALL regular and post-season spring sports & competitive activities..... and extending the Covid-19 dead-period.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
^ extending beyond the May 1st date?
Creeker Wrote:^ extending beyond the May 1st date?

All spring sports, along with any possibility of playing the Sweet 16 tourney have been cancelled. the dead period is in place indefinitely.

Also hearing that fall sports will probably not take place if fans cannot attend. school districts simply wont have the budget available to support the programs.
^ insanity in my mind... not just in regards to Sports either... we have 6 cases in Pike co, 4 in Floyd, 3 in Martin, 1 in Johnson, 1 in Lawrence and 0 in Magoffin... Hospital workers are being furloughed because there are no patients. Maybe I'm crazy and come August/September this may blow wide open, but why are we considering cancelling anything going on in the Fall... in April? I've heard talks to pushing the start of school back until after Labor day... based on what???
I don't take any person seriously who is advocating shutting stuff down 4 months from now.
Creeker Wrote:^ insanity in my mind... not just in regards to Sports either... we have 6 cases in Pike co, 4 in Floyd, 3 in Martin, 1 in Johnson, 1 in Lawrence and 0 in Magoffin... Hospital workers are being furloughed because there are no patients. Maybe I'm crazy and come August/September this may blow wide open, but why are we considering cancelling anything going on in the Fall... in April? I've heard talks to pushing the start of school back until after Labor day... based on what???

Insanity. Should just go ahead and cancel everything until 2021 maybe then we’ll be let out of our houses. We’ve been hearing wait two weeks for two months now. Can’t keep things shut down forever.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next