Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here We Go Again
Dems successfully manipulated voters (and history) by pulling a ruse in the past. Abraham Lincoln-- Republican-- pushed through to the end the abolishment of slavery. You'd never know it today, but that action was Republican, and as such was violently and openly opposed by Democrats of the day. Following the success of Lincoln's achievement, which likely was the greatest of all civil rights triumphs of this nation's history, and fearing retribution, Democrats could see that the writing on the wall spelled out their collapse as concerning their support of slavery and open racial biases. So what did they do? Reinvented themselves and claimed they had all changed parties and it was actually themselves, who'd selflessly pursued the emancipation of the slaves. The truth? Only a handful actually changed their party affiliation. Over time they were even successful in largely tagging the Republicans as being the racially biased ones. And like today, time, (a surprisingly short span of it BTW) washed the whole mess away and Dems avoided the grief they had coming.

Well folks, the Dems are at it again. This time blaming (in plain sight now mind you) the Republicans for the hatred and possibly still growing political and racial rancor of the past 10 to 11 years. It' actually been the Republicans they say, who've been caustic and biased, And that Republicans, with mouths full of mean spirited vitriol and poison, have led this nation to a divide so marked, that we may be peering across the threshold of violence. Sort of like what we recently saw in Ferguson, LA, Baltimore and North Carolina I suppose. Funny thing about the riots, town lootings and arsons of those days. They all flourished when Obama was in office, but the door slammed pretty hard on that stuff when MR Trump became President. Wonder why? :pondering: Remember how loudly Trump's statement rang when he said "I will be the law and order President." Things were nearing complete social chaos.

At any rate as I mentioned, the ruse is back on and I just wonder if the voters and history will cede reality to them again this time. No group of bused in right wing demonstrators have ever threatened life and limb of Sanders or Biden rally goers. No right wingers are threatening violence and arson. You never hear a hint of such a thing. Odd isn't it?

Politics at the state level aren't nearly so news worthy, but they are note-worthy. I've been listening to our new governor to get the daily reports on CV in Kentucky. Today he went off on a little tirade on how the divide and the rhetoric and the vitriol of the last (Kentucky) administration far exceeded anything he'd seen in his whole life. And I mean after all, he is all of 42. Anybody other than me remember how badly Greg Stumbo et-al acted when Matt Bevin won the governorship and all those career Dems were swept out of office on the red wave of 2016? Folks it was incredible. Dems were the ones foaming at the mouth in contempt for what had just happened to the Democrat Party of Kentucky. And they were the ones vowing revenge. And guess what, it was the voter who'd spoken. Not Bevin, and not the rest of the victorious Republicans.

But Gov Bevin's media critics were merciless for all four years he served. And most people bought into the Lexington and Louisville newspaper's reporting on his administration without question. A good memory is vital in this day if one wants to avoid being manipulated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]