Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death row last meal
My wife graced me with my absolute favorite meal for supper tonight, so while we are waiting on JP to get his concert lists together, thought I would try a different type of thread. If you were eating your last supper on death row, what would you want? Two categories, homecooked and from a restaurant.

My homecooked would be what I had tonight. About a full pound of Fischer’s bacon (health concerns don’t matter here), with fried potatoes, soup beans and corn bread with onions. A couple of cold cokes in the small bottles to drink, then a hot piece of Derby pie with a cup of coffee for dessert. Heaven on earth.

For a restaurant meal, I would go with the country boy breakfast from Cracker Barrel, with steak as the meat (I’ve never had a bad piece of steak at a Cracker Barrel), plus a bottomless glass of their great sweet tea. Any takers?
Home cooked meal
Pork chops, Mac and cheese, fried potatoes

Restaurant
A huge bucket of crab legs
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Van Hagar Wrote:My wife graced me with my absolute favorite meal for supper tonight, so while we are waiting on JP to get his concert lists together, thought I would try a different type of thread. If you were eating your last supper on death row, what would you want? Two categories, homecooked and from a restaurant.

My homecooked would be what I had tonight. About a full pound of Fischer’s bacon (health concerns don’t matter here), with fried potatoes, soup beans and corn bread with onions. A couple of cold cokes in the small bottles to drink, then a hot piece of Derby pie with a cup of coffee for dessert. Heaven on earth.

For a restaurant meal, I would go with the country boy breakfast from Cracker Barrel, with steak as the meat (I’ve never had a bad piece of steak at a Cracker Barrel), plus a bottomless glass of their great sweet tea. Any takers?

LOL you're killing me Van haha.
While I think about this one I will throw in a little humor.

What did Jeffrey Dahmer request for his last meal?
Wait for it...
A large pizza with everyone on it.TongueirateSho
[quote=jetpilot]LOL you're killing me Van haha.
While I think about this one I will throw in a little humor.

What did Jeffrey Dahmer request for his last meal?
Wait for it...
A large pizza with everyone on it.TongueirateSho[/QUOTE

You ain’t right, JP🤪🤪
Van Hagar Wrote:My wife graced me with my absolute favorite meal for supper tonight, so while we are waiting on JP to get his concert lists together, thought I would try a different type of thread. If you were eating your last supper on death row, what would you want? Two categories, homecooked and from a restaurant.

Confusednicker:
Home cooked meal: Thick homemade cheeseburgers with Velveeta block cheese melted on top, a couple microwaved potatoes with ketchup, grape pop and brownies for desert. I could also substitute a big bowl of chilli with lots of cheese and crackers.

Restaurant: A bucket of KFC original chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, cold slaw, and biscuits. For the drink I would go with Mountain Dew. I would forego the dessert.

or

Sam's hotdogs with chili and slaw and a bag of plain potato chips.

After eating any of these meals I would hope the executioner would be soon to follow because my stomach issues would put me in pure misery and have me praying for death.
Homecooked: Ribeye steak, medium, with fried taters and a huge salad with honey mustard dressing. Sweet tea for the drink.

Restaurant: Uncle Hershel's breakfast with grilled pork chop from Cracker Barrel. Coffee or their sweet tea.

I would eat every last crumb of either one, and lay back. It would save the executioner some time and effort!!
Granny I take it that like me, you’re a lover of sweet tea, nature’s perfect drink!
Van Hagar Wrote:Granny I take it that like me, you’re a lover of sweet tea, nature’s perfect drink!

I think you already mentioned what that was previously, with your 2 little cokes.

You almost nailed it. Add some pickled beets with that and you've got some gourmet dining going on.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think you already mentioned what that was previously, with your 2 little cokes.

Only reason I didn’t use coke is because it tastes so different depending on what it’s packaged in. But you’re so right, Bob, the small bottles....man they are always perfection.
This is one of the toughest questions ever asked on BGR. I probably eat more Indian and Thai food than anything else since moving to northern Virginia, but I think that for my final earthly meal, I would go with some of my American favorites.

I would start my meal off with an assortment of fresh baked rolls and honey butter, a Newks Favorite salad from one of the Newks Eatery restaurants in Jackson, MS, and a bowl of New England clam chowder. For my entrees, I would want fresh fried redfish, shrimp and grits, with hush puppies and coleslaw. For dessert, I would have strawberry shortcake - with real whipped cream and real shortcake.

My beverages of choice would be fresh squeezed lemonade for everything except dessert. For dessert, I would drink a very tall, very cold glass of whole milk. I would also have a very large cup of freshly ground coffee to top off the meal, with heavy cream.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is one of the toughest questions ever asked on BGR. I probably eat more Indian and Thai food than anything else since moving to northern Virginia, but I think that for my final earthly meal, I would go with some of my American favorites.

I would start my meal off with an assortment of fresh baked rolls and honey butter, a Newks Favorite salad from one of the Newks Eatery restaurants in Jackson, MS, and a bowl of New England clam chowder. For my entrees, I would want fresh fried redfish, shrimp and grits, with hush puppies and coleslaw. For dessert, I would have strawberry shortcake - with real whipped cream and real shortcake.

My beverages of choice would be fresh squeezed lemonade for everything except dessert. For dessert, I would drink a very tall, very cold glass of whole milk. I would also have a very large cup of freshly ground coffee to top off the meal, with heavy cream.

For those of us who don't know (such as me), what exactly is this Newks?
"For dessert, I would have strawberry shortcake - with real whipped cream and real shortcake."

Have you ever had real shortcake?
The name shortcake was shortened from the original "cake short on sugar".
Newk's is a mostly southern chain headquartered in Jackson, MS. IMO, they have great salads. The rest of their menu is hit or miss. There is a Newk's in Fayette Mall and a stand alone location on Richmond Road in Lexington.
Granny Bear Wrote:"For dessert, I would have strawberry shortcake - with real whipped cream and real shortcake."

Have you ever had real shortcake?
The name shortcake was shortened from the original "cake short on sugar".
Yes, I have eaten real shortcake but not often enough. I also like strawberry shortcake made with a made from scratch plain yellow cake like my mom used to make.