Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elephant In The Room
Let's get this conversation started.

Tara Reade, a former Senate staff assistant to Joe Biden, has accused him of a sexual assault in 1993. She reported the assault at the time.

ALL news outlets that I have read are questioning her. According to those reports (I haven't read every single thing, but I have read a LOT) it happened 27 years ago, no investigation was done and besides, this story was started by Bernie Sanders supporters and propped up by Trump supporters.

Compare these stories to the ones done over the Kavanaugh story. There were no media stories mitigating what happened. No one asked the question about why a 15 year old girl was at a college frat party. Kavanaugh was guilty! PERIOD. And in his hearings, Kavanaugh wasn't innocent until proven guilty, he was considered guilty until proven innocent. And the MeToo Movement made sure of that.

It disgusts me when we politicize important and sensitive issues. Sexual assault, Covid19 etc. are USED to further political agendas. And it's happening with both sides of the aisle.

It's time to stop! Grow a brain and stop following and idealism because everybody else does. Try something novel; try to find the facts and think for yourself.
Joe seems insensitive to personal space, but this seems out of character. Her first allegation is an example of Joe, and I don't think anyone would deny that. This new account is :yikes:.

This will definitely affect his campaign. The parties' appetite for sexual morality has flipped. It used to be Dems that didn't care to elect a cad, and Reps voted for prudes, but Trump and MeToo has changed that.

Biden will need motivated turnout from women to win in November. This accusation may dampen that.
Granny Bear Wrote:Let's get this conversation started.

Tara Reade, a former Senate staff assistant to Joe Biden, has accused him of a sexual assault in 1993. She reported the assault at the time.

ALL news outlets that I have read are questioning her. According to those reports (I haven't read every single thing, but I have read a LOT) it happened 27 years ago, no investigation was done and besides, this story was started by Bernie Sanders supporters and propped up by Trump supporters.

Compare these stories to the ones done over the Kavanaugh story. There were no media stories mitigating what happened. No one asked the question about why a 15 year old girl was at a college frat party. Kavanaugh was guilty! PERIOD. And in his hearings, Kavanaugh wasn't innocent until proven guilty, he was considered guilty until proven innocent. And the MeToo Movement made sure of that.

It disgusts me when we politicize important and sensitive issues. Sexual assault, Covid19 etc. are USED to further political agendas. And it's happening with both sides of the aisle.

It's time to stop! Grow a brain and stop following and idealism because everybody else does. Try something novel; try to find the facts and think for yourself.

Joe can't remember who he fondled 15 minutes ago, much less 1993.Confusednicker:

Where are all the Dems who screamed you have to believe the woman during the Kavanaugh hearings? Another example of what lying hypocrites they are.
Do YOU remember who you fondled in 1993???

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Do YOU remember who you fondled in 1993???

Confusednicker:

:biglmao:

:worthy:
Granny Bear Wrote:Do YOU remember who you fondled in 1993???

Confusednicker:

Of course! And they all fondled me back!:devilflam
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
Joe will be made out to be the Dem's knight on a white horse from here on out. All the Dems will just have to forget what they know about him and the covert fell swoop that saw the front runners tossed out on their heads and Joe get coronated overnight. Of course the Dem powerbrokers had to hurriedly pull that fork back out they'd just stuck in Ol Joe's backside. And the media meanwhile? where it comes to Ukraine, Tara Reade and you name it, not one of those skeletons will they dust off. I hope you savored the last time you heard the truth come out of the media or the Democrat Party because you'll never hear it again.

Still, it is the people who have the say-so for this coming November. That is if they are strong enough to withstand the tidal wave of monkey puke headed their way between now and then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's getting increasingly difficult to find credible information about Joe. Few are reporting/covering the story that I can find.
Granny Bear Wrote:It's getting increasingly difficult to find credible information about Joe. Few are reporting/covering the story that I can find.
The best and only chance that Joe has of getting elected is for the media to ridicule Trump and refuse to cover Joe. If Biden were a Republican, there would be 24/7 live interviews with doctors warning us about the danger of handing the nuclear football to an Alzheimer's patient who must be led on and off stages and told when it is time to go home.
Somebody asked Joe if he wore boxers or briefs and he said "Depends"
jetpilot Wrote:Somebody asked Joe if he wore boxers or briefs and he said "Depends"

😂😂As Larry the Cable Guy would say “That’s funny, I don’t care who you are.”😂😂
I have watched the news every day the last few weeks and haven't heard anything about this.
^Of course not. And I resent the fact that news media outlets are so political!

I've been reading about the probability of Covid19 escaping from a lab and NOT the wet markets. It's starting to appear that a lab assistant got infected, wasn't aware of it and exposed the entire community. BUT I can't substantiate it because it isn't being covered.

I miss Cronkite, Huntley and Brinkley!!!
Serious question. We have a minimum age requirement to run for the presidency. Should there also be a maximum ceiling? Say for example, you have to be 75 or younger at max at the time of the general election to be eligible. I’m not trying to discriminate against folks of advanced age at all, I’m zooming in that direction myself, and certainly there is something to be said for life experiences. But the amount of energy, both physical and mental, that this job requires, is mind-boggling. Just wondering what others think.
And to clarify, I would add that if the person was elected for a first term at under 75, then wanted to run for a second term even if they passed that age threshold while in office, they would be allowed to do so.
Granny Bear Wrote:^Of course not. And I resent the fact that news media outlets are so political!

I've been reading about the probability of Covid19 escaping from a lab and NOT the wet markets. It's starting to appear that a lab assistant got infected, wasn't aware of it and exposed the entire community. BUT I can't substantiate it because it isn't being covered.

I miss Cronkite, Huntley and Brinkley!!!

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has all but confirmed that to be how it happened. The virus was not developed in a lab, but it was being studied in the Wuhan lab in question as ongoing Chinese research to master the development of vaccines for coronaviruses. It got out somehow and went pandemic.

Culpability for the spread of the virus is nonetheless China's. And I am sure demands will be made of them for some sort of restitution.

But in getting back to this angle the rabid media are working on to blame the President for American deaths. The charge is that he waited and drug his feet about travel restrictions and mitigation. The timeline will clearly show that not to be the case. But there is yet another elephant in the room. The New York City / New Jersey Metroplex has been the number one CV "hot zone." But the strain they have does not match the strain seen out in Washington State and California, which has been deemed to have come directly from Wuhan. The strain of CV in NYC is of European origins.

Let's get real here, Obama refused to even limit travel from Mexico, the confirmed source of the H1N1 epidemic. Much less shut down illegal border traffic, much less all travel from China and Europe. Hillary would not have done it either and sleepy Joe wouldn't even have understood what people were talking about. But 17,160 US citizens died from H1N1 'Swine Flu' epidemic. Does anybody on here remember the media or Republicans saying he had blood on his hands for his own inaction? Nope, because it didn't happen. Where it comes to lies and slander, both side don't 'do it.'
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Van Hagar Wrote:Serious question. We have a minimum age requirement to run for the presidency. Should there also be a maximum ceiling? Say for example, you have to be 75 or younger at max at the time of the general election to be eligible. I’m not trying to discriminate against folks of advanced age at all, I’m zooming in that direction myself, and certainly there is something to be said for life experiences. But the amount of energy, both physical and mental, that this job requires, is mind-boggling. Just wondering what others think.

In a word, yes.
Van Hagar Wrote:Serious question. We have a minimum age requirement to run for the presidency. Should there also be a maximum ceiling? Say for example, you have to be 75 or younger at max at the time of the general election to be eligible. I’m not trying to discriminate against folks of advanced age at all, I’m zooming in that direction myself, and certainly there is something to be said for life experiences. But the amount of energy, both physical and mental, that this job requires, is mind-boggling. Just wondering what others think.

Van Hagar Wrote:And to clarify, I would add that if the person was elected for a first term at under 75, then wanted to run for a second term even if they passed that age threshold while in office, they would be allowed to do so.

Absolutely on an elderly age requirement. I think you should be able to finish your term over 75, but not be elected for another.

If Biden were to win this fall and again in 2024 he would finish his second term in his mid 80's. With that said I don't think he will run in 2024 win or lose this year.
^^ This morning on Fox & Friends Karl Rove squared off against that paragon of truth and honorable dealings, Donna Brazile. You know, the one who got caught feeding MR Obama the 2012 Presidential Debate questions and then lied her head off about it for weeks?

First MR Rove and I'm no fan, but he did remain objective in his analysis of the coming election. Obama at this point having waded back into electioneering, and who nowadays is all things Democrat, said the Party must unite behind Biden who is "THE most progressive candidate in history." At the same time however, the Democrat Platform again according to Obama, must mirror the political principles of the man whom was clearly in the lead but got ousted, Bernie Sanders. So, the strategy for 2020 is give the people what they want, which is everything for nothing as Bernie offered; But let Biden be the one handing it all out.

Sounded right to me. If not already attained, the votes for stuff chain reaction has all but reached critical mass.

But then the quintessential campaigner, DNC Donna rebuffs. With face beaming with optimism she announced that the Dems have come together under Joe Biden. There is unity and excitement and the milk of harmony floweth to a measure of which time has seen no equal. It's springtime in La-La Land. :biggrin: Note to FOX: Giving campaign surrogates the mic does not provide analysis. Just saying.

But in considering the ongoing contributions and participation that this nation's departed continue to make on behalf of the left, Dems would find a way to run Ol Joe from the nursing home if they had to. Further, if China was guilty of interfering with the 2016 election, they're really going to get the long knives out for 2020.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TRT, are you that offended Obama endorsed Biden. Did you think he was going to endorse your “Dear Leader”?

Obama is not the president anymore, and he’s free to use his political sway the way he chooses to just like you do.

Neither candidate is a spring chicken, and both could run into major health issues in their term, but these are the two we got, so the “Alzheimer/dementia” spin is moot for both campaigns.
Cardfan1 Wrote:TRT, are you that offended Obama endorsed Biden. Did you think he was going to endorse your “Dear Leader”?

Obama is not the president anymore, and he’s free to use his political sway the way he chooses to just like you do.

Neither candidate is a spring chicken, and both could run into major health issues in their term, but these are the two we got, so the “Alzheimer/dementia” spin is moot for both campaigns.
Only one candidate needs help finding his way off the stage, so dementia is not a moot point in this campaign. Age is not the issue. Diminished mental capacity is the issue. Trump is still rushing toward the challenge of the cameras and mikes but Biden's handlers are shielding him from them.
Cardfan1 Wrote:TRT, are you that offended Obama endorsed Biden. Did you think he was going to endorse your “Dear Leader”?

Oh so now you libs are projecting Uncle Joe's dementia onto the sitting President huh? Whew, you are nothing if not consistently ridiculous. :1: In the President's case you'd have to spin-up dementia where absolutely none exists. And everyone on here can see you've already started to spin-down the obvious dementia in the case of Joe Biden. Don't get me wrong, I know how uncomfortable it must be when you've got nothing to work with but what-if's because your candidate's actual record is so miserable. And recoiling every time somebody brings up the facts like I do. Has to be hard on you to keep fending off the truth armed with nothing except brazen spin.

MR Trump's only ailment to date has been the frothing mob across the aisle pushing endless investigations, the lies they generate, and impeachment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bravo: Dems Rush To Defend Kavanaugh After He Puts On Joe Biden Mask | The Babylon Bee
Dems Rush To Defend Kavanaugh After He Puts On Joe Biden Mask
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Democrats are scrambling to defend Brett Kavanaugh against his accusers after he put on a Joe Biden mask Friday morning. "We believe you are a great man of upstanding moral charact...
babylonbee.com

TongueirateShoConfusednicker:
[attachment=o3931]

I can't make this larger. It deserves it!
Good one!!!

Also, on this 1st day of May Joe would like to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Good one!!!

Also, on this 1st day of May Joe would like to wish everyone a Happy Halloween!!!

Which salutation of course, was given him to deliver by the man in the moon. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Biden asked for the Senate to release the Reade complaint against him.
McConnell implant, Senate Secretary Julie Adams, refused stating that “the secretary has no discretion to disclose any such information as requested in Vice-President Biden’s letter of 1 May."

My question is why? The accused asked for the release. The accuser went public with their account.

I think I know the answer.

This story is swiss cheese.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Biden asked for the Senate to release the Reade complaint against him.
McConnell implant, Senate Secretary Julie Adams, refused stating that “the secretary has no discretion to disclose any such information as requested in Vice-President Biden’s letter of 1 May."

My question is why? The accused asked for the release. The accuser went public with their account.

I think I know the answer.

This story is swiss cheese.

Breaking the law aint no big deal for Biden and his former boss, we got that. But for others things become a little more daunting, as in the case of the Senate Secretary who is bound by law as to how or if she can comply. In short, if not getting a bug in the ear from one of his advisors, which is by far the most likely, Biden knew full well that his request was baloney.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]