Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you grilling - smokin ?
My treasury dept. signed off on a wood pellet smoker and as a result I can honestly say a lot of foods will not see the inside of our oven ever again. Confusednicker:

Whether you have a smoker, a grill, a mere campfire. What are you favorite cooking methods, dry rubs, spices, sauces, etc ? Please share those mouth watering, lip smacking recipes with the rest of the BGR faithful.

:Thumbs:

I did a couple rib slabs with the following minus the cinnamon and nutmeg in the rub and they turned out fantastic ( NO WRAP )

https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/sm...-back-ribs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I love to grill hobos.

Hobos are whatever veggies you like; mine are squash, sweet potatoes and corn. Add a pat of butter and some sea salt. Wrap in foil, and slow grill for an hour. Yummmm.

Now, I told you what I am grilling; tell me what you're smokin!!
You can also do kabosh…..cabbage, onions and green peppers. Grill some smoked sausage with these!!
I cooked ribs for the first time on Easter. I made a homemade rub to put on the ribs. I also made homemade barbecue sauce to go with it. I am not a huge fan of ribs, these were some of the best ribs I have had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Back in the day I always liked the typical meats such as chicken, hotdogs, burgers, etc with chicken breasts being my favorite. I hardly ever grilled steaks. I never got elaborate with my seasonings. I just used salt, pepper, or when I really wanted to get fancy, I would bring out the garlic salt. For condiments, I would use ketchup, mustard, and occasionally bbq sauce. I often used the Arthur Spooner secret cooking technique: I would cook the meat for a while, then, I would flip it over and cook it some more.
So far, I have only smoked a couple of Boston butt roasts for pulled pork. I am planning to smoke a couple more this weekend, if any are available.
Put a couple pizzas in the smoker tonight. Turned out great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi