Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
14th Region 2021
With the 2020 season being lost who will be the favorites going into next season? Several top players will be graduating and leaving big shoes to fill.
My Top 5 would be
1. Wolfe
2. Estill
3. Perry
4. Jackson
5. KCC

Most of these teams are losing a couple of strong players in key positions but return several key players also. It will come down to who can develop new players and find a way to get some experience and leadership between now and next season.
1. Estill
2. Perry Central
3. Jackson
4. Wolfe
5. KCC

That’s my GUESS.
Perry Central and Estill County in the finals 2021. Nobody else is close.
(04-27-2020, 06:33 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: With the 2020 season being lost who will be the favorites going into next season? Several top players will be graduating and leaving big shoes to fill.
My Top 5 would be
1. Wolfe
2. Estill
3. Perry
4. Jackson
5. KCC

Most of these teams are losing a couple of strong players in key positions but return several key players also. It will come down to who can develop new players and find a way to get some experience and leadership between now and next season.

My top 5 for the 2021 14th Region are
1–Estill
2-PCC
3-Wolfe
4- Jackson City
5-Breathitt

But there is one team that is very young and well coached that could be a sleeper
Estill just finished up travel ball. Went 50-9-2. They faced Creech (Wolfe's best pitcher) and hit her pretty well. They also faced Lafayette's best pitcher and beat her 5-1. Estill should be very very good this coming season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Strikeout King's post:
  • Smokescreen
I think PCC makes a trip back to the state tournament. Ratliff works non stop with his kids. They all have improved tremendously.
For everyone to dismiss Wolfe County like they don’t have one of the best proven core groups of players returning is crazy. Travel ball means nothing when it comes time for school ball. Wolfe returns 6 starters from a regional championship team. Wolfe also has several younger kids that will fill in the spots that are open. Obviously you can’t replace Haley Smith and Kallie Brown completely but every team lost players to graduation that we’re important. Perry and Estill both have to prove they can win big games. Estill hasn’t ever proved they’ve recovered from forcing Shirley out and Perry has to prove their pitcher can pitch in big games. The last time she was on the mound she gave up 12 runs and was in tears. Winning big games are a lot harder than just getting there. Wolfe knocked on the door numerous times before they got over the hump. Jackson City is going to be in the mix also, they have one of the top pitchers and 2 of the top hitters in the region.
Yeah Reds you have to keep Wolfe in the mix. They have some young kids that can fill some holes left from graduation. These teams are so used to playing each other, there shouldn't be a lot of nervousness Id think. Perry has another good pitcher in Grigsby coming up. So Perry now has 2 they can depend on. I think its gonna come down to who has the best sticks.