Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOJ Drops Case Against Michael Flynn
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...spartandhp

Notice this is NOT from Fox News.
I hope he sues the daylights out of every single one that was involved and responsible for what they've done.
Bob Seger Wrote:I hope he sues the daylights out of every single one that was involved and responsible for what they've done.

Agreed. And I know this wouldn't happen, but I'd like to see Flynn appointed Director of the FBI. Talk about your poetic justice. All of this BTW proves how viable the deepstate really is, is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Waiting for idiotic response from Cardfan as soon as Maddow dude program is over in 3,2,1...:popcorn:
Reckon the judge will let him retract his guilty plea? He could just impose sentence, and Trump will have to pardon him.
Doesn't sound like he is a fan.

“I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for this criminal offense"

“Arguably,” Sullivan told Flynn, “you sold your country out.”

From the OP article:

"As it turned out, that sentencing hearing was abruptly cut short after Flynn, facing a stern rebuke from U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, asked to be able to continue cooperating and earn credit toward a more lenient sentence.

Flynn’s misgivings about the case were already on display when his then-attorneys pointedly noted in their sentencing memo that the FBI had not warned him that it was against the law to lie when they interviewed him at the White House in January 2017."

I'll admit I haven't followed this case that much. But it looks like he slow played the judge until he could get the right AG in place. Nice move. Don't blame him at all.

For common folk ignorance of the law defense rarely works.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Reckon the judge will let him retract his guilty plea? He could just impose sentence, and Trump will have to pardon him.
Doesn't sound like he is a fan.

From the OP article:

"As it turned out, that sentencing hearing was abruptly cut short after Flynn, facing a stern rebuke from U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, asked to be able to continue cooperating and earn credit toward a more lenient sentence.

Flynn’s misgivings about the case were already on display when his then-attorneys pointedly noted in their sentencing memo that the FBI had not warned him that it was against the law to lie when they interviewed him at the White House in January 2017."

I'll admit I haven't followed this case that much. But it looks like he slow played the judge until he could get the right AG in place. Nice move. Don't blame him at all.

For common folk ignorance of the law defense rarely works.

Yeah it's hard to make sense of all this stuff. I mean, Rachael Maddow can only revise current events just so fast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah it's hard to make sense of all this stuff. I mean, Rachael Maddow can only revise current events just so fast.

Can't say I watch her, but if I did I'd try not to copy and paste. :lmao:
Cardfan1 Wrote:Can't say I watch her, but if I did I'd try not to copy and paste. :lmao:

:hilarious: I mean I knew you woke up to a brand new world everyday, but from post to post?

FROM POST NUMBER 5--

From the OP article:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Your aversion being so obvious I know for you, how badly the truth must hurt. But the documentation as to the "17 federal intel agencies" of Obama's mention as they apply to the Trump witch hunt go all the way to the White House.

Trump will cakewalk this November and rightfully so. After all, your side has worked so hard to make it happen. I heard across the spectrum this morning that this is the political scandal of the century. Told ya this was coming, and the hits will just keep coming thanks to AG Barr. And we haven't even heard from John Durham yet. Besides the conservative base, the biggest underestimation the left have made are DJT and Devin Nunes. It's all coming out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote::hilarious: I mean I knew you woke up to a brand new world everyday, but from post to post?

FROM POST NUMBER 5--

From the OP article:

Those are called quotes, which is the opposite of trying to pass off my commentators’ ideas as my own.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Those are called quotes, which is the opposite of trying to pass off my commentators’ ideas as my own.

It's called news. You wouldn't be able to make that differentiation because you get your opinion handed to you everyday.

I knew the kind of vermin we had running this country back in the Obama era as all this scandal was happening. You were out there nodding your head like a bobble-head with that BB sized brain all a-rattle, in affirmation. And even in the face of the constant flow of damning and undeniable information being revealed, you're still on here cheerleading everyday. But then other than denial, revision, projection, and the predictable spates of monkey puke, what choice does one like you really have?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:It's called news. You wouldn't be able to make that differentiation because you get your opinion handed to you everyday.

I knew the kind of vermin we had running this country back in the Obama era as all this scandal was happening. You were out there nodding your head like a bobble-head with that BB sized brain all a-rattle, in affirmation. And even in the face of the constant flow of damning and undeniable information being revealed, you're still on here cheerleading everyday. But then other than denial, revision, projection, and the predictable spates of monkey puke, what choice does one like you really have?

We could really go in a circle here.

If the FBI entrapped Flynn he should be set free, BUT did the facts change? You seem to be jumping up and down thinking that poor police work by the FBI agents exonerates Flynn. Didn’t he admit his illegal actions in court?

I can’t get over it; pretty standard OP for the FBI, but Trump gets wrapped up in it and conservative hit the roof.
Cardfan1 Wrote:We could really go in a circle here.

If the FBI entrapped Flynn he should be set free, BUT did the facts change? You seem to be jumping up and down thinking that poor police work by the FBI agents exonerates Flynn. Didn’t he admit his illegal actions in court?

I can’t get over it; pretty standard OP for the FBI, but Trump gets wrapped up in it and conservative hit the roof.

Oh there's no question that you're going to stay in a tight orbit around the Flynn talking points. Feel free. And as to your sage analysis on the FBI? I know in your mind AG Barr hardly measures up, but I'll go ahead and go with his work on all of this because well, his work is based on evidence and law rather than liberal feelings. At any rate we on the right know why all the lying jumped to light speed. In light of the fact that things are starting to unravel for those of the Obama administration, fortunes will really get dicey if MR Trump gets re-upped. All of the roaches are crawling back out, McCabe, Comey, Ben Rhodes. Felt the need to make public statements I guess. :please: I would tell you to stay tuned for further coming revelations but reality is subjective for residents of La-La Land. The only thing missing in you guy's universe is a barbed wire fence to keep you corralled and a train load of thorazine.

Lies are powerfully destructive I will agree, selling them is where you're going to find things to be a straight up-hill slog. Not that even after Trump wins again and we're staring at 8 years under Pence, you'd be able to admit that to yourselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh there's no question that you're going to stay in a tight orbit around the Flynn talking points. Feel free. And as to your sage analysis on the FBI? I know in your mind AG Barr hardly measures up, but I'll go ahead and go with his work on all of this because well, his work is based on evidence and law rather than liberal feelings. At any rate we on the right know why all the lying jumped to light speed. In light of the fact that things are starting to unravel for those of the Obama administration, fortunes will really get dicey if MR Trump gets re-upped. All of the roaches are crawling back out, McCabe, Comey, Ben Rhodes. Felt the need to make public statements I guess. :please: I would tell you to stay tuned for further coming revelations but reality is subjective for residents of La-La Land. The only thing missing in you guy's universe is a barbed wire fence to keep you corralled and a train load of thorazine.

Lies are powerfully destructive I will agree, selling them is where you're going to find things to be a straight up-hill slog. Not that even after Trump wins again and we're staring at 8 years under Pence, you'd be able to admit that to yourselves.

Two paragraphs that don’t answer the question tell me the facts didn’t change.

I can only imagine the “howling” if the Judge sentences for the guilty plea. Confusednicker:
Anybody who actually believes in justice and individual liberty would be celebrating the fact that Flynn has been exonerated. Fortunately, judges do not have the right to unilaterally prosecute and incarcerate any American citizen they want. In the absence of a prosecution, a judge's opinion carries no more weight that Cardfan1's.

Agencies such as the FBI, IRS, and the Department of Interior have been violating suspects' constitutional rights for decades. The difference beginning with the Clinton administration has been the use of the Justice Department and other executive agencies as political enforcers. Flynn was a victim of the Obama Justice Department who has finally received justice.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Two paragraphs that don’t answer the question tell me the facts didn’t change.

I can only imagine the “howling” if the Judge sentences for the guilty plea. Confusednicker:

Hoot Gibson Wrote:Anybody who actually believes in justice and individual liberty would be celebrating the fact that Flynn has been exonerated. Fortunately, judges do not have the right to unilaterally prosecute and incarcerate any American citizen they want. In the absence of a prosecution, a judge's opinion carries no more weight that Cardfan1's.

Agencies such as the FBI, IRS, and the Department of Interior have been violating suspects' constitutional rights for decades. The difference beginning with the Clinton administration has been the use of the Justice Department and other executive agencies as political enforcers. Flynn was a victim of the Obama Justice Department who has finally received justice.

Please! Make those crickets stop... it's deafening. :hilarious:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Please! Make those crickets stop... it's deafening. :hilarious:
It takes time to read through all of those DNC talking points. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Anybody who actually believes in justice and individual liberty would be celebrating the fact that Flynn has been exonerated. Fortunately, judges do not have the right to unilaterally prosecute and incarcerate any American citizen they want. In the absence of a prosecution, a judge's opinion carries no more weight that Cardfan1's.

Wouldn’t exoneration mean he didn’t lie or didn’t plead guilty or wasn’t working with the Mueller team to ease his sentence?

Isn’t Flynn in the sentencing phase? If so the judge can impose sentencing.
Especially if he deems there is one set of justice for the Trump associates and another set for the regular old American.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Wouldn’t exoneration mean he didn’t lie or didn’t plead guilty or wasn’t working with the Mueller team to ease his sentence?

Especially if he deems there is one set of justice for the Trump associates and another set for the regular old American.
Coerced pleas are S.O.P. for federal investigators.

Quote:One handwritten note from a senior FBI official mapping out the purpose of the Flynn interview read: "What's our goal? Truth/admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?"

The Obama FBI was not seeking justice - they were attempting to nullify the results of a fair election. Eventually, we will learn what threats led to Flynn's guilty plea. There was no trying of fact nor was there a finding of guilt, so there was no sentencing phase. Not surprisingly, you have a weak grip on the facts but a strong opinion.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Wouldn’t exoneration mean he didn’t lie or didn’t plead guilty or wasn’t working with the Mueller team to ease his sentence?

No, he's in the case dismissed and will be suing the people who framed him and will soon be indicted phase. Another idiotic post, would expect nothing less.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Coerced pleas are S.O.P. for federal investigators.

The Obama FBI was not seeking justice - they were attempting to nullify the results of a fair election. Eventually, we will learn what threats led to Flynn's guilty plea. There was no trying of fact nor was there a finding of guilt, so there was no sentencing phase. Not surprisingly, you have a weak grip on the facts but a strong opinion.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat...econd-time

So what was this delaying?
Cardfan1 Wrote:https://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat...econd-time

So what was this delaying?
You posted a link to an article that answers your own question. Did you not read the article before linking to it?
jetpilot Wrote:No, he's in the case dismissed and will be suing the people who framed him and will soon be indicted phase. Another idiotic post, would expect nothing less.

He and prosecutors still have to answer to the judge.

If judge dismisses without prejudice Flynn could be back in the courtroom answering to a Biden AG.
Cardfan1 Wrote:He and prosecutors still have to answer to the judge.

If judge dismisses without prejudice Flynn could be back in the courtroom answering to a Biden AG.
Since the goal of the Obama Department of "Justice" and its holdovers was to harass the winner of the 2016 election, if the imbecile Joe Biden manages to win the 2020 election, how would continued persecution of Flynn achieve that objective? Democrats tried to sink Trump's presidency and they failed. End of story.
Cardfan1 Wrote:He and prosecutors still have to answer to the judge.

LOL! Biden can't spell AG.
jetpilot Wrote:LOL! Biden can't spell AG.
:Thumbs:

Quote:"As Barack says, a 3 letter word: Jobs!"-Joe Biden
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You posted a link to an article that answers your own question. Did you not read the article before linking to it?

You said he wasn’t in sentencing phase.
He obviously was.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Since the goal of the Obama Department of "Justice" and its holdovers was to harass the winner of the 2016 election, if the imbecile Joe Biden manages to win the 2020 election, how would continued persecution of Flynn achieve that objective? Democrats tried to sink Trump's presidency and they failed. End of story.

Wouldn’t amount to anything, and I wouldn’t support it a minute. By winter of 2021 there will be more to worry about than a Trump associate that got caught in a lie.
Cardfan1 Wrote:You said he wasn’t in sentencing phase.
He obviously was.
Obviously if he was in the sentencing phase, then he would have been sentenced. He withdrew his plea and a trial had not been docketed. The trial phase precedes the sentencing phase, which is followed by the punishment phase if there is a guilty finding. I would know that, even if I was not developing software applications for the administration of criminal justice. That is the order of events in military justice and it is the sequence of events in the civilian worlds as well.

Trials are docketed in advance but the trial phase does not commence until the judge's gavel drops and the jury or military panel is seated to hear the facts. In some cases, the defendant requests a trial by a judge only but the defendant is always entitled to a trial by jury or panel if he so elects.

Not only had the Flynn case not entered the sentencing phase, the trial phase had been postponed when he withdrew his plea. A judgment was never entered in this case. The Flynn case was in the pretrial phase.

Back to the stool in the corner. Confusednicker:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Obviously if he was in the sentencing phase, then he would have been sentenced. He withdrew his plea and a trial had not been docketed. The trial phase precedes the sentencing phase, which is followed by the punishment phase if there is a guilty finding. I would know that, even if I was not developing software applications for the administration of criminal justice. That is the order of events in military justice and it is the sequence of events in the civilian worlds as well.

Trials are docketed in advance but the trial phase does not commence until the judge's gavel drops and the jury or military panel is seated to hear the facts. In some cases, the defendant requests a trial by a judge only but the defendant is always entitled to a trial by jury or panel if he so elects.

Not only had the Flynn case not entered the sentencing phase, the trial phase had been postponed when he withdrew his plea. A judgment was never entered in this case. The Flynn case was in the pretrial phase.

Back to the stool in the corner. Confusednicker:

3 paragraphs of semantics.

Flynn was delaying sentencing to work toward a lighter sentence not weaseling to delay the upcoming trial. Chronologically, the next step was the sentencing phase.

When he walks back in court the prosecutor (because only one would put his name to it) will pull the charges during what should be the sentencing phase of his guilty plea. You remember that right? He pled guilty. Twice.

Judge has to sign off the plea removal.
Has he done that yet?