Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOJ Drops Case Against Michael Flynn
Cardfan1 Wrote:—-NOLO.com
“Once the deal is worked out, the prosecution and defense will arrange a court hearing and inform the judge about the agreement. Assuming the judge accepts the deal or suggests changes that are satisfactory to both sides, the judge will hear the guilty or no contest plea in open court so that it becomes part of the record. (Late 2017) Then, the defendant will be sentenced, either at the same time (which is typical in some less serious cases) or at a later sentencing hearing.”

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/08/852582068...he-charges

“ Nearly everyone, including Trump, expected Flynn to be sentenced in late 2018 when he appeared before Judge Emmet Sullivan in Washington. Flynn and prosecutors invited family members to be with them in court.

But the judge yielded surprises and headlines with his spirited remarks about the case.

"I'm not hiding my disgust, my disdain, for this criminal offense," he said.

Sullivan asked prosecutors whether Flynn might have committed "treason," raising the prospect that Flynn might get prison time after all. No, the government said, it didn't consider that part of the case.

Ultimately, Sullivan deferred the sentencing because he said he had more questions about the matter, adding more months to Flynn's legal saga.”

NPR is just solidifying the timeline.

You may want recheck your sources, Hoot.
I don't need to check any sources. There was no judgment, the plea was withdrawn, and no sentencing was done. The case ended in what is known in the legal world as the pretrial phase. Those are the facts. Deny those facta if you choose, but it just makes you look foolish, IMO.
Messages In This Thread
DOJ Drops Case Against Michael Flynn - by Hoot Gibson - 05-11-2020, 12:33 AM