3. Johnson Central
4. Paintsville
5. Valley
6. Betsy Layne
7. Lawrence County
8. Magoffin
9. Prestonburg
10. Phelps
Was just announced that Pikeville got Manns from BL. Very good addition for the already loaded Panthers.
Milkcrate52 Wrote:Was just announced that Pikeville got Manns from BL. Very good addition for the already loaded Panthers.

Don’t see him getting a lot of minutes there. That was a knee jerk reaction to Short getting fired and as an individual player he will regret it.
SouthEast18 Wrote:Don’t see him getting a lot of minutes there. That was a knee jerk reaction to Short getting fired and as an individual player he will regret it.

Come on South you’re a smart guy. They fire the only reason he is at BL. I think the BL faithful had a feeling this kid would leave if they got rid of his coach and grandpa and they were willing to sacrifice that for Newsome. They just didn’t expect him to go to Pikeville. As far as playing time goes. With the postionless basketball Pikeville plays I’m sure they will be PT for him.
SouthEast18 Wrote:Don’t see him getting a lot of minutes there. That was a knee jerk reaction to Short getting fired and as an individual player he will regret it.

Regret. That's a funny word. Will he regret giving up all that socail media hype the david and darryl posts the big time game on the hill to actually win, to cut nets down, to have a legit opportunity to go to rupp. Now we both know the answer for that. What I find funny is how the Betsy Layne faithful are about the situation, in all BL eyes last year Manns was a top 3 or 4 sophmore he leaves and now you're taking shots at him some even saying he will struggle for playing time. Wheres the love at now. The kid made a decision that he felt would better himself academically and athletically and quite frankly it put BL people panties in a wad.
They’ll be plenty of playing time for a 6’4 big who shot right at 38% from 3 and pulled down a little bit over 6 rebounds a game. Needs to get a bit stronger to be able to defend better tho.
Wow, I didn’t know Pikeville was “already loaded.”
Well, they have arguably the best coach In the region, the best player in the region, and only lost 2 starters. Oh yeah, and they lost to the team who won the region in overtime by 3. What’s your definition of loaded?
Milkcrate52 Wrote:Well, they have arguably the best coach In the region, the best player in the region, and only lost 2 starters. Oh yeah, and they lost to the team who won the region in overtime by 3. What’s your definition of loaded?

To add on to this. If you want to get technical they really only lost 1 starter if they would have had a healthy roster. They get Hall and Lockhart back from injury. Those 2 with Samons and Robinson. Also throw in Walters who has length and got some experience last year. Add Manns to that and rumor has it Mcnamee may come back to play. All of whom will be juniors. Pretty good roster.
Milkcrate52 Wrote:Well, they have arguably the best coach In the region, the best player in the region, and only lost 2 starters. Oh yeah, and they lost to the team who won the region in overtime by 3. What’s your definition of loaded?

No need to get worked up, just wasn’t familiar with Pikeville’s team. Personally, I think JC will have the best team.
TRex34 Wrote:No need to get worked up, just wasn’t familiar with Pikeville’s team. Personally, I think JC will have the best team.

If JC can find a big man, they’ll be right up there. Last season size was just to big of a problem for them. Guard play was great for them tho.
1) Pikeville best coach best player best backcourt and best supporting cast.
2) Martin County lost key players to graduation but still return their top 2 lack of outside shooting will hurt them
3) Johnson Central great guard play with great coach
4) Paintsville. Fugate will win them alot of games but will need help if they play on getting out of the district
5) Shelby Valley. Rowe will have that team ready
6) Lawrence returns 2 great players. Should walk through the 58th
7) East Ridge young guys showed promise late in the year
8) Belfry got a good young core coming up
9) Phelps lost alot in trey francis but still returns dominic francis who could lead them back to the region
10) Betsy Layne Newsome is a great coach but I dont see him having the right players to press the entire game
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nolietotell's post:
  • PurpleHeadedStrglr
Milkcrate52 Wrote:They’ll be plenty of playing time for a 6’4 big who shot right at 38% from 3 and pulled down a little bit over 6 rebounds a game. Needs to get a bit stronger to be able to defend better tho.
Rylee Sammons is, in my opinion, the best all around player in the region. Him along with Laithan Hall and the other talent they had last year will be tough to beat. I honestly don't see them needing Manns to make a splash in the 15th region. They were already loaded with some amazing talent. Hate to see the Manns kid sit the bench all year, but unless he gains some defense to go along with his shooting skills, I don't see him playing as much as he's hoping to.
BoyWonder14 Wrote:Come on South you’re a smart guy. They fire the only reason he is at BL. I think the BL faithful had a feeling this kid would leave if they got rid of his coach and grandpa and they were willing to sacrifice that for Newsome. They just didn’t expect him to go to Pikeville. As far as playing time goes. With the postionless basketball Pikeville plays I’m sure they will be PT for him.

I’m not saying anything negative about him. He’s a fantastic kid and good player. I think he will get less PT and shots at pikeville because he’s gonna be on a better deeper team. Not a shot at him just a prediction. Sammons is the best player in eastern Kentucky though so playing with him is a plus. If you aren’t a superstar transferring to somewhere like pikeville comes with giving up minutes and shots that’s my only point, he can for sure win more at pikeville but get more PT and individual success at BL if that makes any sense
SouthEast18 Wrote:I’m not saying anything negative about him. He’s a fantastic kid and good player. I think he will get less PT and shots at pikeville because he’s gonna be on a better deeper team. Not a shot at him just a prediction. Sammons is the best player in eastern Kentucky though so playing with him is a plus. If you aren’t a superstar transferring to somewhere like pikeville comes with giving up minutes and shots that’s my only point, he can for sure win more at
pikeville but get more PT and individual success at BL if that makes any sense

I agree with you. He will have to sacrifice more that’s for sure. That’s what it takes to win. I believe that is one of the biggest things that separates Pikeville from a few other teams including BL. All that matters at Pikeville is winning. Even other places at the moment. All these teams are working hard in the off season but it seems like all I read on here and social media sites is how hard BL is working or how good they are gonna be. I hope Newsome changes the culture I really do. At the moment it seems BL and it’s fans especially are worried about individual success rather than team.

I do agree with you that his shot attempts will go down but sometimes that isn’t always a bad thing. If he becomes more efficient under Justice at Pikeville sometimes less is more.
Martin County is king with James and Dingess back. Sammons will put Pikeville in the mix and JC also returns a good core group but no size. Those are the Top 3
Hoop Wrote:Martin County is king with James and Dingess back. Sammons will put Pikeville in the mix and JC also returns a good core group but no size. Those are the Top 3

Hmm. Let me see. A PIKEVILLE team without starting backcourt 1 is one of the best on ball defenders in the state and the other a great score who has the ability to run point also took Martin County to OT and had the game in the final minute. Need i also say Martin County lost who I thought won them the Pikeville game in Braxton Maynard to graduation. Let's also not forget Pikeville added 6'4 wing who can shoot from BL Lucas Manns. So if I'm looking at the roster right they're front court will be 6'4 @the smallest and we seen how well pikevilke we do when you give justice time to game plan. I don't think the monster in the middle was anything but a body in the regional match-up. I say MC is up there but they're no king by no means...
The 15th will be just like last year a up and down race for the front runner with no1 holding that top spot all season.
Nolietotell Wrote:Hmm. Let me see. A PIKEVILLE team without starting backcourt 1 is one of the best on ball defenders in the state and the other a great score who has the ability to run point also took Martin County to OT and had the game in the final minute. Need i also say Martin County lost who I thought won them the Pikeville game in Braxton Maynard to graduation. Let's also not forget Pikeville added 6'4 wing who can shoot from BL Lucas Manns. So if I'm looking at the roster right they're front court will be 6'4 @the smallest and we seen how well pikevilke we do when you give justice time to game plan. I don't think the monster in the middle was anything but a body in the regional match-up. I say MC is up there but they're no king by no means...
The 15th will be just like last year a up and down race for the front runner with no1 holding that top spot all season.
I agree Pikeville will be one of the top teams this year, but placing Manns in the category with Hall and Sammons is just not something I would even consider. Hall and Sammons are great players, with control and shooting ability. Nothing against the young man but you may want to go watch the last game BL played last season against Prestonsburg before you give that honor.
15thregionsportsfan Wrote:I agree Pikeville will be one of the top teams this year, but placing Manns in the category with Hall and Sammons is just not something I would even consider. Hall and Sammons are great players, with control and shooting ability. Nothing against the young man but you may want to go watch the last game BL played last season against Prestonsburg before you give that honor.

Maybe you should read a little closer. I never placed him in their category I simply said Pikeville added a 6'4 wing who could shoot. I seen the BL game, still doesn't define the kid unless your a BL fan looking to place blame. Pikeville and Martin co will be the favorites with JC PAINTSVILLE and VALLEY able to make a splash.
Manns had 3 pts 10 rebounds in the last BL & Pburg game.
Nolietotell Wrote:Maybe you should read a little closer. I never placed him in their category I simply said Pikeville added a 6'4 wing who could shoot. I seen the BL game, still doesn't define the kid unless your a BL fan looking to place blame. Pikeville and Martin co will be the favorites with JC PAINTSVILLE and VALLEY able to make a splash.
Didn't blame him, make no mistake Brad Short is the reason for that loss and many others those kids should have won. I'm a basketball fan, I have teams I prefer but I love the game. My point was, 15th region has a lot of talent and some kids are exceptional. Sammons, Fugete, Dingus, James to name a few. I think Paintsville is going to make some noise too, seems everyone is counting them out. 15th Region is wide open in my opinion including BL in that as well.
4low Wrote:Manns had 3 pts 10 rebounds in the last BL & Pburg game.
How many shots did he take? Just curious.
15thregionsportsfan Wrote:Didn't blame him, make no mistake Brad Short is the reason for that loss and many others those kids should have won. I'm a basketball fan, I have teams I prefer but I love the game. My point was, 15th region has a lot of talent and some kids are exceptional. Sammons, Fugete, Dingus, James to name a few. I think Paintsville is going to make some noise too, seems everyone is counting them out. 15th Region is wide open in my opinion including BL in that as well.

BL is the 3rd best team in the weakest district of the region. They have a LONG ways to go before they're considered a threat in the region. Paintsville on the other hand with fugate and Tharp its possible but unlike BL they play in the toughest district.
15thregionsportsfan Wrote:Didn't blame him, make no mistake Brad Short is the reason for that loss and many others those kids should have won. I'm a basketball fan, I have teams I prefer but I love the game. My point was, 15th region has a lot of talent and some kids are exceptional. Sammons, Fugete, Dingus, James to name a few. I think Paintsville is going to make some noise too, seems everyone is counting them out. 15th Region is wide open in my opinion including BL in that as well.
Make no mistake, it’s easier to coach up in the stands or behind a keyboard on BGR. If he is the reason behind “many losses those kids should have won” then he’s behind many wins those kids shouldn’t have won either. Put some respect to his name, he’s been to 3 district championships in 8 years. Most of that was he had far less talent than the teams he faced due to school size, injury’s, buzzer beaters from kids who barely played the whole season and so on. You act like you know a lot about the man, when truth is, you only know what you’ve heard from people that say this coaching decision wasn’t based on politics. Have a good day 👌
Milkcrate52 Wrote:Make no mistake, it’s easier to coach up in the stands or behind a keyboard on BGR. If he is the reason behind “many losses those kids should have won” then he’s behind many wins those kids shouldn’t have won either. Put some respect to his name, he’s been to 3 district championships in 8 years. Most of that was he had far less talent than the teams he faced due to school size, injury’s, buzzer beaters from kids who barely played the whole season and so on. You act like you know a lot about the man, when truth is, you only know what you’ve heard from people that say this coaching decision wasn’t based on politics. Have a good day 👌

I find it funny that BL people bash the man like crazy but last I remembered their LAST good team was 2015 and they was heavily favored with Peyton case against a less talented AC team who pulled off the upset. I forget who coached AC then 🤔🤔🤔 I also find it funny all year long they praised the man when he was winning but not losing. You can't have it both ways. As far back I can remember BL has been that way. Alot of hype and another of blame on the coach when the hype is too much for the program to handle.