8. East Ridge
9. Magoffin County
10. Betsy Layne
11. Phelps
12. Prestonsburg
13. Floyd Central
14. Pike Co. Central
15. Jenkins

I've learned that Gunner Williams is back with Prestonsburg after leaving the team midseason last year and if you're familiar with him, he's a very exciting and a excellent scorer. I hoped he's matured some since last season, because with him, Justice, Gullett, Rose, Jarvis, etc. they can play with and beat almost anyone in the region. Learning this I'd like to adjust my preseason rankings:

1. Martin County
2. Pikeville
3. Johnson Central
4. Paintsville
5. Shelby Valley
6. Belfry
7. East Ridge
8. Prestonsburg
9. Magoffin County
10. Lawrence County
11. Betsy Layne
12. Phelps
13. Floyd Central
14. Pike Co. Central
15. Jenkins
How many transfers has Pike central picked up in the last month???? Saw a video of practice on Twitter and saw at least 2 new kids.
(11-01-2020, 01:50 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: How many transfers has Pike central picked up in the last month???? Saw a video of practice on Twitter and saw at least 2 new kids.
I have saw the video. And heard there is another coming.
How many seniors did Pikeville graduate from last years team? I know Martin co lost 2 of their key starters. Paintsville lost 1. As far as I know JC didn’t have a big man transfer in so not sure how we can rank JC over Paintsville. I believe Lawrence co graduated quite a few and Shelby Valley lost Potter. I would lean more with the top 4 pre season being 

Martin Co 
Pikeville 
Paintsville 
Johnson Central.
Hail Pikeville 72 third one enrolled
and another one on the way is what I heard for a total of 4 transfers.
(11-08-2020, 01:41 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Hail Pikeville 72 third one enrolled
and another one on the way is what I heard for a total of 4 transfers.
Yep, I heard the same thing. Coaches change at pike central but things remain the same. 
Reminds me of the New York Knicks. Adkins can’t stay out of his own way lol!
Pikeville is the best team in the region. Last year the had their entire back court out injured and it forced their forward to play PG. Also, Players got a lot of reps that wouldn’t have gotten a lot of time without the injuries. They played Martin Co to the buzzer and now have tons of experience with everyone back. I would be surprised if they didn’t win the region and honestly the talent is there to play with anyone.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
Martin county's region to lose if it is played.
Keep an eye on east Ridge. Sykes from Shelby valley had transferred back to east ridge. East Ridge has outstanding guard play and the big mills kid who can do everything and now throw Sykes back in the mix at east Ridge and they are a regional contender.
Pike Central has a new coach who is solid, but that school is losing support with its fan base and local home grown talent. Last time this happened it left the program in tatters. It’s a factory of pain.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hambley's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
Pikeville is going to be the team to beat for the region this season. Tons of talent and a great coaching staff will be too much for opponents. Should come down to the Panthers and Martin Co. with the Panthers taking it. Jmo.
If there are 4/5 teams better than Paintsville, then the 15th Region is going to be exciting. I’m not saying there isn’t better teams, just that I know Paintsville is good with experience players returning and a couple nice additions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(12-05-2020, 07:49 PM)2000PHS Wrote: If there are 4/5 teams better than Paintsville, then the 15th Region is going to be exciting. I’m not saying there isn’t better teams, just that I know Paintsville is good with experience players returning and a couple nice additions.
It's all good my friend, and mtn. basketball will be exciting this season. Wishing all teams out there a safe and successful season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • 2000PHS
(12-05-2020, 07:06 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Pikeville is going to be the team to beat for the region this season. Tons of talent and a great coaching staff will be too much for opponents. Should come down to the Panthers and Martin Co. with the Panthers taking it. Jmo.

Watch out for the Betsy Layne Bobcats this season. Going to be a compare 180 from last year
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(07-25-2020, 06:07 AM)Nolietotell Wrote: Johnny Martin without a doubt

Coach Martin impressed me all the way back in the 2000–2001 season when Shelby Valley was the overwhelming favorite going into the regional tournament, which was also being held at SV. Rodney Rowe told me himself that he was out coached that night. He just knew that Martin was gonna press him & he’d practiced all week for that. Allen Central may have pressed 4-5 times the whole game & Rodney had no answer. I know it’s 20 years ago, but when you flat out out coach Rodney Rowe, you’ve done something!! I’ll take Rodney Rowe over any in the 15th & feel good about my ball team!!
(11-16-2020, 02:32 PM)Hambley Wrote: Pike Central has a new coach who is solid, but that school is losing support with its fan base and local home grown talent. Last time this happened it left the program in tatters. It’s a factory of pain.
Yea there has been a few home grown kids have quit the team this year, they brought in 4 or 5 new players, I know one is from Philadelphia, PA and another is from Tate’s Creek from Lexington, no chance for our kids around here to play at PCC so sad to do kids who are here and get ran off...
(12-06-2020, 01:35 PM)Bigbluefan1972 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:32 PM)Hambley Wrote: Pike Central has a new coach who is solid, but that school is losing support with its fan base and local home grown talent. Last time this happened it left the program in tatters. It’s a factory of pain.
Yea there has been a few home grown kids have quit the team this year, they brought in 4 or 5 new players, I know one is from Philadelphia, PA and another is from Tate’s Creek from Lexington, no chance for our kids around here to play at PCC so sad to do kids who are here and get ran off...

What’s the point in bringing in all these recruits to not even make noise in the region?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-06-2020, 02:25 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-05-2020, 07:06 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Pikeville is going to be the team to beat for the region this season. Tons of talent and a great coaching staff will be too much for opponents. Should come down to the Panthers and Martin Co. with the Panthers taking it. Jmo.

Watch out for the Betsy Layne Bobcats this season. Going to be a compare 180 from last year

We've been watching for this 180 for 3 years now.  How about they make it out of the district before people start claiming others should watch out for them
(12-06-2020, 11:47 PM)Nolietotell Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 02:25 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

We've been watching for this 180 for 3 years now.  How about they make it out of the district before people start claiming others should watch out for them

Very fair criticism. But in a predictions thread I’m going to predict a complete 180 because I never said we’d do well when Brad Short was the coach. Since Jr. Newsome left I haven’t said we’d be good until right now.
#BBFL
Looks like this will be a very competitive year. Pikeville and Martin County are clear frontrunners, Paintsville and Johnson Central just below them. Then we have several teams that can beat any of top 4 on given night, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, Magoffin, Belfry, Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley. This balance makes for fun short season.
MC lost one of the best if not the best defender in the region in Smith-Mills and then lost Maynard who was a big shot maker, they have a lot returning and the best PG in the region, James is big but you can never count JC, Paintsville or Pikeville out, I think of Hall is playing in the region tournament last year they beat MC because his defense kinda neutralizes Dingess and lets Sammons off the ball, and I think JC had a let down year but an eye opening year, May and Vanhoose are both gonna be 2000 point scorers and then King will be back to the sophomore king, Fugate is the most talented and gifted player in the region, gonna be very interesting
It doesn’t seem like there is one dominate team going into the year but there are probably 5-7 solid teams. There’s going to be a lot of close, exciting games this year. The one team that could pull away from the pack is probably Pikeville. They won a lot of games last year despite a few of their kids being out.

(11-07-2020, 09:28 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: How many seniors did Pikeville graduate from last years team? I know Martin co lost 2 of their key starters. Paintsville lost 1. As far as I know JC didn’t have a big man transfer in so not sure how we can rank JC over Paintsville. I believe Lawrence co graduated quite a few and Shelby Valley lost Potter. I would lean more with the top 4 pre season being 

Martin Co 
Pikeville 
Paintsville 
Johnson Central.

Yeah I don’t think Jc had a big man transfer in. The difference between JC and Paintsville last year was Nick Keeton (who graduated). JC had no answer for Keeton’s rebounding and physicality. So unless Paintsville had a big man transfer in they will take a step back imo.
With the Gillispie boys back at Lawrence County, it should make LC a top 4 team in the region.
1. Martin County
2. Pikeville
3. Paintsville
4. Johnson Central
5. Lawrence County
6. Belfrey
7. Shelby Valley
8. Betsy Layne
9. Magoffin County
10. Phelps
1. Pikeville
2. Martin County
3. Belfry
4.Paintsville
5. Johnson Central
6. Valley
7.Lawrence County
8. Prestonsburg
9. Magoffin
10. Betsy Layne
After everything I've heard with teams practice and transfers up to this point I would go
1)pikeville
2)Martin County
3)Johnson central
4)paintsville
5)belfry
6)East ridge
7) Lawrence County
8)Shelby Valley
9)Prestonsburg
10)pike central
11)Betsy Layne
12)Phelps
13)magoffin
14)floyd central
15)piarist
Somebody help me get my mind around this. I’ve heard that Floyd Central has had one of the best JV teams in the 15th region for the last three years, but they are not on anyone’s radar for being in the top 10 for the upcoming season. I know their varsity has struggled the last 2 seasons, but you’d think that some of these JV players that have beaten other 15th region JV teams like Lawrence and Martin county over the last couple of years would at least be sniffing the top ten by now. Have they last that many of their young and upcoming talent to transfers/recruiting?
(12-26-2020, 10:02 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: Somebody help me get my mind around this. I’ve heard that Floyd Central has had one of the best JV teams in the 15th region for the last three years, but they are not on anyone’s radar for being in the top 10 for the upcoming season. I know their varsity has struggled the last 2 seasons, but you’d think that some of these JV players that have beaten other 15th region JV teams like Lawrence and Martin county over the last couple of years would at least be sniffing the top ten by now. Have they last that many of their young and upcoming talent to transfers/recruiting?

Most of the regions top young talent has been playing varsity the last 2 years and not jv  thats y fc jv has been winning.  If they would have been playing against the Sammons fugates dingus hall worrix Sykes maynards they would've been blown out.  
Okay, but there are still a lot of teams left in the region that are currently made up of players with names other than the ones you mentioned nolietotell. I believe Sammons was on the FC JV 3 years ago btw.