Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point of Order
So, here we are nearly 4 years down the road from November 2016 and very nearly 5 years down the road from Trump's ride down the golden escalator.

At first because the media did not see DJT as a meaningful threat, they lavished coverage upon his campaign. But then the 'to them' unthinkable happened, and the liberals were left to cry in the streets. Since that night, the media have been on a mission to undo MR Trump's election. Oh not overtly. But their default position has been to mischaracterize his every intent and every statement. More than just in lockstep, the media have since last election eve been acting like zealots. But now that the absurdity of our President being a 'Russian Asset' has been sufficiently dispatched, the smear tactics have nonetheless continued. Denying everything from the tidal wave of insurgents across our southern border, to the level of threat posed by China, to the US economic revival, to the ridiculousness and lawlessness of Dem's endless investigations, the media have acted more like suicide bombers of the left than privileged members of the fourth estate.

So the question begs to be asked; why at this point would people just give up, roll over and accept media excoriations of this administration as suddenly being in any way valid? These folks are the President's avowed oppositionists. And even more importantly, the election is drawing near and the Dems are desperate. If they fail to hang coronavirus on the President they will have precious little time to mount another sham impeachment. And Joe's confused and miserable campaign of smears has never gained momentum. So after 4 years of due diligence and in the face of a resistance that hardly rises to the level of superficiality, I for one am not about to lose my focus and join the left in their quest to unseat a good president.

The rabid media have not suddenly turned a leaf and become responsible stewards of the people's trust.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
At first because the media did not see DJT as a meaningful threat, they lavished coverage upon his campaign. But then the 'to them' unthinkable happened, and the liberals were left to cry in the streets. Since that night, the media have been on a mission to undo MR Trump's election. Oh not overtly.

I disagree. It most definitely HAS been overtly!
Granny Bear Wrote:At first because the media did not see DJT as a meaningful threat, they lavished coverage upon his campaign. But then the 'to them' unthinkable happened, and the liberals were left to cry in the streets. Since that night, the media have been on a mission to undo MR Trump's election. Oh not overtly.

I disagree. It most definitely HAS been overtly!

LOL, yeah I mean that fact is obvious to regular people. I suppose the better way to put it would have been that the media, who are little more than actors in my book, and although they know within themselves that the charges they make are groundless, have nonetheless presented themselves as serious reporters. And in that pretense for those who are already sold and want to buy-in anyway on emotional grounds, is the cover they need to claim plausibility. And yet the undeniable underlying force behind the drama unfolding before our eyes is definable.

Take the unreasonable media lockdown on giving HCQ the opportunity it deserves. There is precious little by way of threat-to-health over the course of time HCQ has been in use to justify the hysteria. HCQ was introduced in 1944, this is 2020. There have been some all but nonexistent side effects associated with the drug in that 76 year long run. For every one million scripts written for HCQ, only one case of side effect are documented. I don't know where the risk in that is, but I know where the emotional overreaction comes from. It is an effort to make the administration look bad. And that doesn't touch on the number who might have been saved but the drug was withheld.

In cutting to the chase, this 'resistance' is not about Dems and Republicans. And it's not really about politics either. Rather it's a war between secular humanism and Christianity. I will concede that the war is being waged in the political arena, but that is because we are a self governing people. Free people are not going to be told what to do, or how to think. Therefore there is no heavy hand of government to force us into some ideological compliancy. Enter AOC and others who despise freedom and the American ideal. And I would just challenge folks to notice, that generally speaking these folks do not appear to honor God.

With liberalism has come relativism and endless compromise, and those forces have truly erased the line between right and wrong in this world from the public consciousness. And worse to that end, we have allowed the ages old spiritual argument in which man has always languished, to be taken out of the Church where it belongs, and superimposed into the political arena. And within the political arena reside not Pastors and spiritual leaders, but US lawmakers and the judiciary. The inevitable result as to how their decisions have/will alter life in this land is as follows; those who love right in this country are an eyelash length away from having behavior dictated to them by the state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:lmao: