Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA possibly canceling 2020 spring sports
Is anyone else hearing this?
Smokescreen Wrote:Is anyone else hearing this?

Yes.....im hearing this. hearing they are meeting tomorrow to discuss different options. I would hate to see it....but I do think its being seriously considered.
Tackett stated in his news conference tonight that no such thing has been discussed.
Basketballmom41 Wrote:Tackett stated in his news conference tonight that no such thing has been discussed.

Well, SEC suspended spring sport til Mar. 30 and just cancelled the KHSAA girls sweet sixteen tournament. I feel like it’s coming to high school spring sports.
Mr. Tackett didn’t plan on canceling the boys sweet 16 till he got called by the governor. That’s why he had to change his stance 30 minutes after making a public announcement. He will get a ton of pressure to follow the governor’s advice whatever it might be. This is one case where the KHSAA isn’t calling the shots.
Now SEC has canceled spring sports, do you think it’s the “writing on the wall” for high school also?
I know some in the school system think they are on summer break already....
I don’t think there’s any possibility of schools going back in at least until August. So spring sports will be lost.
Van Hagar Wrote:I don’t think there’s any possibility of schools going back in at least until August. So spring sports will be lost.

I’m feeling the same way & it’s depressing to say the least.
NCAA has suspended all in-person recruiting until April 15th.
Thoughts?
Smokescreen Wrote:Thoughts?

Even though nothing's official yet, with no practice going on, the virus rartes increasing, and the governor now recommending school's stay out til at least April 20th, it's hard to envision any scenario where spring sports are played.
The KHSAA has suspended spring sports indefinitely as of this morning.
KHSAA made it official today...spring sports have been cancelled.