Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Footballs Back...YES
Media promoting false narrative of Covid explosion in red states up until the election will keep too many people scared. Looking very bad. It will be a crying shame if NFL and college (BIG $$$$$$) have a season but high schools don't.:ChairHit:
jetpilot Wrote:Media promoting false narrative of Covid explosion in red states up until the election will keep too many people scared. Looking very bad. It will be a crying shame if NFL and college (BIG $$$$$$) have a season but high schools don't.:ChairHit:

it is looking bad. I know Gov Beshear is supposed to announce some guidelines later today for schools...but some of that is leaking out. sounds highly restrictive. don't see how you can play if these guidelines have to be applied to student athletes. Guess we'll find out.
jetpilot Wrote:Media promoting false narrative of Covid explosion in red states up until the election will keep too many people scared. Looking very bad. It will be a crying shame if NFL and college (BIG $$$$$$) have a season but high schools don't.:ChairHit:

Texas is going to be the issue.

Most of these even if the amount of cases are going up, the death rate and hospitalization rate is decreasing.

Texas is the problem. Their death rate and hospitalization rate is increasing along with a significant case increase.
^28 deaths in Texas yesterday. Texas active cases and deaths are small % of NY cases, despite 10 million more people in TX. 5,000 new cases in a day is worrisome however.

I do think the false narrative of Covid exploding in the South will probably kill HS football this year.
One more thing about Texas, Houston is a problem, everywhere else Covid numbers are low.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...243019001/

Kentucky governor’s office approved Louisville City FC opening Lynn Family Stadium at 50% of seating capacity. To me this is a positive and hopeful sign for high school and college. They plan on opening July 11 or 18. I know Ohio is allowing fans for the PGA event in Dublin Oh. There probably are some but I dont know of any other states that are allowing fans in a stadium setting. The sports nation will be watching to see how this plays out. Hope this goes well and if it does could be a blueprint for sporting events going forward.
After watching that update from Beshear I think there’s no way we have sports in 2020-2021 unless there’s a vaccine. They want kids to be 6 feet apart or in a mask, anytime they travel in school they should be masked. Just not realistic for that to happen.
Doesn’t look good. Lt. Governor specifically called out Alabama and Clemson football seeing cases and asked how can high schools with less resources possible control it. I argue it’s easier bc of lesser numbers and only local kids.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Texas is going to be the issue.

Most of these even if the amount of cases are going up, the death rate and hospitalization rate is decreasing.

Texas is the problem. Their death rate and hospitalization rate is increasing along with a significant case increase.

Texas was doing well, with cities making their own policies for social distancing and masking, then the Governor really politicized the issue and stated that his office's directives would supercede any local ordinances and neutered any ability to enforce compliance.

Fast forward a huge outbreak and undoing most of the positives from the stay in shelter orders and he's now backtracked after outbreaks took off.

Politicizing an issue that was better left for the scientific community has been and continues to be the problem.
^^^It's all politicized now, Texas gov. didn't start it.

Texas 29 deaths yesterday out of 30 million people.
Massachusetts 48 deaths yesterday out of 7 million people.

Cases are spiking for many reasons, don't believe the Red State vs Blue State narrative the media is promoting.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^It's all politicized now, Texas gov. didn't start it.

Texas 29 deaths yesterday out of 30 million people.
Massachusetts 48 deaths yesterday out of 7 million people.

Cases are spiking for many reasons, don't believe the Red State vs Blue State narrative the media is promoting.

Believing what I've lived through as a Texan. I'll wear two masks to get everyone well and see sports back.

No basketball in Kentucky or football in Texas makes for a dull year.

If any State has football, it'll be Texas. If any State has basketball, it'll be Kentucky. We can all agree that we want sports back.
Wouldn't you guys love to be able to see the truth behind how much of what we see on ALL national Media is actually fact, every word they spew has been politicized and is part of an agenda, and none of it helps any average hard working human being. Notice how when the rioting slowed now COVID is exploding again.

America is in a sorry situation where we can't find one single normal human being with ALL folks best interest in mind to run for president. We've got a president who uses Me and I way too much and his opponent who apparently can't string together a sentence or find his way out of his basement. I do like the name Hiden Biden Trump hung on him...:hilarious: Also like Kung Flu:hilarious:

Ultimately it's our kids who are paying the price for it all with every activity they have taken from them, I bet there are kids that have grown accustomed to the couch who never play sports again. Sad times.
And with the snap of a finger a thread in HS football covered : politics, current events, news, general discussion, and YES FOOTBALL!

Where in the H have y'all been??? ; )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:And with the snap of a finger a thread in HS football covered : politics, current events, news, general discussion, and YES FOOTBALL!

Where in the H have y'all been??? ; )
Wastin' away in Coronaville.
Maybe we just need to develop a high school version of the old Strat-O-Matic football game and play out the season that way.
Way too much has happened and nothing has been confirmed by the KHSAA or Gov. Beshear. Just yesterday, Russell Ind. Schools released a statement that they had some athletes test positive and they are shutting down all athletic activities for 14 days.

Let's revisit this topic after we get a press release from the KHSAA or the Governor's office.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(06-18-2020, 04:36 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I wouldn't count my chickens.

I put the likelihood of football at about 15% right now.
Did u get these numbers same place u get your RONA statistics? Asking for a friend.... if you did count your chickens im sure the numbers would be wrong and highly inaccurate...