Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel white people
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Are you suggesting that those who topple defenseless statues are committing acts of war against our democratically elected government? As such, should they be held accountable in the same way that the British would have held all of the Founding Fathers accountable for their efforts to topple their government had the British won the war?

Do you honestly believe that the statue tippers would be engaging in such a cowardly activity if they faced the same consequences as Patrick Henry and his fellow revolutionaries faced, had they been captured?

You really must harbor a deep seated hatred of this country to compare its founders to the semi-literate cowards who take such delight in defacing and destroying public property.

See here I agree with you. Loser should not get trophies (statues) there should not be confederate statues. I am with you Great Britain would not have put up a statue of Patrick Henry, using that very same logic, we should not have statues of the confederates!
TheRealThing Wrote:Well don't worry about it, like I said most of the time I'm talking past you anyway. So I don't expect you to acquiesce.

At any rate, the 'real problem' is in the fact that you come in decades after the historical events in question actually took place to try and redefine those events in the minds of myself and others who saw those things all go down. Undeterred, you proceed then in continuing to believe that you will still be successful to that end even in the face of solid argument.

Relabel, repackage, rename, revise, repeat as required, I got it believe me. Only problem is I was there, I saw, I heard. America had learned and accepted each other, and for awhile all was forgiven and forgotten. In the movie "Rocky," Carl Weathers danced to James Brown singing "Living in America", and for the most part it was all good. But then just as the left was able to resuscitate the farcical global warming under the auspices of the Oblame-a administration, so too was the dead at that time issue of racial bias. In my book you guys are somewhere underneath low.

Just so I can understand your point:
1. Who won the civil war?
2. Do you believe Great Britain would have a statue of Washington or Jefferson if they won the war?

If those two questions are answered anything but the Union won the civil war and no I do believe that Great Britain would have put up a statue of Washington or Jefferson if Great Britain won the war.

I know you will have to write a whole chapter but I am going to basically scheme through whatever you type just to see if you will answer those two questions.

Now for the next question: Why should the United States have statues of government officials of who they conquered. I will not even call them traitors, even though, I believe that they are by the very answer of question 2

I can not wait to read your response
Oh how I have missed you all!
Cardfan1 Wrote:Not a lie when you said it, I questioned it.
IF your disagreement with a party was it's move toward Civil Rights, you ignore that oppression kept African Americans "peaceful," and you suggest minorities aren't Americans...the shoe fits.

Let's not act like all police officers always answer for violence. A lot of the frustration in the Black community is the fact they don't. Public outrage forced the hand in Minnesota on the officers in the George Floyd killing, but Minnesota and this nation has had several instances of ignoring despicable actions of bad officers. See Louisville.

Are you seriously arguing that protesters should take the actions of the colonists versus the British? I'm no History major, but I do know the violence and destruction would be much greater. Or are you just saying write a letter? Confusednicker: How well did that work for colonists?

Again escalation happened when DJT tried to imitate a dictator. So here we are. I guarantee the same would have happened if someone would have tried to smash the OPEN the US protests like they have tried to crush the BLM protests, but the govt. didn't do that. For example, none of those rallies were dispersed with tear gas even though they blocked traffic, defaced property, and hung effigies too. Before you say they were peaceful most of the BLM protests were to until the push for "law and order."

I can't help it that the lackeys Faux News wheels out are jokes.

:hilarious: You totally sidestepped the conversation of this thread so I'll just add that back in.

If Trump is on the right side of history, why is he so hell-fired against changing the names of military bases named after Confederate generals, the banning of the Confederate flag, the removal of Confederate statues, etc., etc., etc?

Who is trying to prop up the Confederate memory today?

Exactly right; when I said it. it wasn't a lie. But by the time you got through with your liberal shake and bake, your characterization of what I said was a decided lie.

The rest of your post is even worse in the annals of liberal dishonesty. Anybody can go back and check if they want, but the left have been lying to themselves since election night of 2016. Talking about how Hillary got cheated and on and on. It was hilarious watching them out in the streets howling noooh!, over and over. In fact lying has become such stock-in-trade for you guys given the pain of harsh reality, 4 years later it's still going on and there is no La-La Land scenario to which you cannot immediately retreat. Therefore these days your side are all out proudly sporting those lefty horns and saying all manner of ridiculousness, why? Because you all believe your own lies. And all you've accomplished in doing so is to put the despicable shenanigans of the left on display. I don't know how you could have done more to help MR Trump get reelected but I'm all for it. :rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mr.fundamental Wrote:Just so I can understand your point:
1. Who won the civil war?
2. Do you believe Great Britain would have a statue of Washington or Jefferson if they won the war?

If those two questions are answered anything but the Union won the civil war and no I do believe that Great Britain would have put up a statue of Washington or Jefferson if Great Britain won the war.

I know you will have to write a whole chapter but I am going to basically scheme through whatever you type just to see if you will answer those two questions.

Now for the next question: Why should the United States have statues of government officials of who they conquered. I will not even call them traitors, even though, I believe that they are by the very answer of question 2

I can not wait to read your response

tvtimeout turned mr. fundamental, you're back. How are all those renewable energy companies of yours going?

I see your eloquence remains unabated. I am not surprised that you cannot understand my point, but other than the fact that Great Britain's economy was based largely on the slave trade of the era, what could the American Civil War and Great Britain possibly have to do with each other? I am always happy to answer any question asked honestly, but if you want to try and play gotcha with me don't waste my time.

Now if you've actually got something to say, just put it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mr.fundamental Wrote:See here I agree with you. Loser should not get trophies (statues) there should not be confederate statues. I am with you Great Britain would not have put up a statue of Patrick Henry, using that very same logic, we should not have statues of the confederates!

Well now tvtimeout, that's the point now isn't it? Those who put up the statues did so to commemorate an important era in American history. The decision was theirs to make, not yours. Why can't you just let history speak for itself and get down off your own high horse? Thought you were an educator too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well now tvtimeout, that's the point now isn't it? Those who put up the statues did so to commemorate an important era in American history. The decision was theirs to make, not yours. Why can't you just let history speak for itself and get down off your own high horse? Thought you were an educator too.

Timeout. I knew you could not answer a simple question. I am an educator. The renewable energy company was sold. I am now working on another project.

Well now the question is can you answer the two questions... I believe in you. You can do it. Lol.

I missed you. Let history speak for itself... Losers dont get trophies right? Answer the questions...

Lol!

I have missed you
TheRealThing Wrote:tvtimeout turned mr. fundamental, you're back. How are all those renewable energy companies of yours going?

I see your eloquence remains unabated. I am not surprised that you cannot understand my point, but other than the fact that Great Britain's economy was based largely on the slave trade of the era, what could the American Civil War and Great Britain possibly have to do with each other? I am always happy to answer any question asked honestly, but if you want to try and play gotcha with me don't waste my time.

Now if you've actually got something to say, just put it up.

Oh you sweet thing asked me a question what does Great Britain and American Civil War got to do with eachother.

Well considering that one could presume that we were once Great Britian's colonies. The act of rebellion could be perceived as a civil war. In fact, Great Britian ince called us her children.
So I asked a simple question. Do you believe if Great Britian won the war of Independence that they would have allowed George Washington statue in Virginia or Thomas Jefferson?

I argue that they would not. Loser do not get trophies
TheRealThing Wrote:Well now tvtimeout, that's the point now isn't it? Those who put up the statues did so to commemorate an important era in American history. The decision was theirs to make, not yours. Why can't you just let history speak for itself and get down off your own high horse? Thought you were an educator too.

Question when were the statues put up?
History does clearly speak. Winners dictate the terms. Later on those statues were put up well after the civil war. The Confederate States of America lost. The rebel flag is it is called is a loser flag. I mean it holds the same value as a Nazi flag... A loser flag, one of humiliation and defeat.

Here I thought you loved the stars and strips, the winner flag. As the winners go, they dictate the terms. Losers do not get trophies. You could agree to this...

As you can tell I missed you! Let's take a timeout and have a beer.
mr.fundamental Wrote:Question when were the statues put up?
History does clearly speak. Winners dictate the terms. Later on those statues were put up well after the civil war. The Confederate States of America lost. The rebel flag is it is called is a loser flag. I mean it holds the same value as a Nazi flag... A loser flag, one of humiliation and defeat.

Here I thought you loved the stars and strips, the winner flag. As the winners go, they dictate the terms. Losers do not get trophies. You could agree to this...

As you can tell I missed you! Let's take a timeout and have a beer.

Idiotic.
jetpilot Wrote:Idiotic.

Why?

The Nazi flag was beaten by the good USA!!! Confederate flag was beaten by the good USA. Now I know you are a patriotic person so you can understand that the Stars and Strips are above all flags.

Now the next part you may not like but some view the confederate flag as symbol of white supremacy, I can not change that view and do not necessarily disagree with that view. However, the point remains Nazi flag stood for some as the flag for a super race. It really is not that much of stretch looking through that lens.
mr.fundamental Wrote:Why?

The Nazi flag was beaten by the good USA!!! Confederate flag was beaten by the good USA. Now I know you are a patriotic person so you can understand that the Stars and Strips are above all flags.

Now the next part you may not like but some view the confederate flag as symbol of white supremacy, I can not change that view and do not necessarily disagree with that view. However, the point remains Nazi flag stood for some as the flag for a super race. It really is not that much of stretch looking through that lens.

It's all he's got.
:hilarious:
TheRealThing Wrote:Exactly right; when I said it. it wasn't a lie. But by the time you got through with your liberal shake and bake, your characterization of what I said was a decided lie.

The rest of your post is even worse in the annals of liberal dishonesty. Anybody can go back and check if they want, but the left have been lying to themselves since election night of 2016. Talking about how Hillary got cheated and on and on. It was hilarious watching them out in the streets howling noooh!, over and over. In fact lying has become such stock-in-trade for you guys given the pain of harsh reality, 4 years later it's still going on and there is no La-La Land scenario to which you cannot immediately retreat. Therefore these days your side are all out proudly sporting those lefty horns and saying all manner of ridiculousness, why? Because you all believe your own lies. And all you've accomplished in doing so is to put the despicable shenanigans of the left on display. I don't know how you could have done more to help MR Trump get reelected but I'm all for it. :rockon:

That is the weakest post I've ever gotten as a response from you, TRT. :lame:

You just generalized my whole post, because you can't refute one point.
I've been here long enough to know when you start talking Hillary and the 2016 election that you got nothing. Confusedhh:

Then you try to pick on the new guy. :lmao:
Are we better off today than 4 years ago

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/pic...tureid=814]
mr.fundamental Wrote:Why?

The American Civil War was fought by Americans on both sides. The northern states defeated the southern states. The United States were divided and the failure to reach a political compromise to avoid war was a loss for the United States as soon as the first shot was fired.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The American Civil War was fought by Americans on both sides. The northern states defeated the southern states. The United States were divided and the failure to reach a political compromise to avoid war was a loss for the United States as soon as the first shot was fired.

I think this is when the idea of state's rights died. After this point, the 10th amendment was thrown on its head. Then basically the 14th amendment came in and brought in more of a federalist idea. The reason I say that is because the 13th amendment had no teeth to it. The 14th made it to have teeth.

I see the point you were making, the old guard state's rights, the party of Jefferson, were every bit as patriotic in the idea of following the constitution to the point that they tried to over throw the government. Even becoming a new country (The Confederate States of America), at that point, I believe they gave up their rights as Americans. However, Lincoln would disagree with me on this as he viewed them as rebels that lived in the states.

It is interesting to me that the state's rights argument is still being played out today and the idea has flipped political parties but not demographically. The idea of states rights take hold in south. Which makes LBJ correct when he said that the Democrats would lose the south for the next 100 years once the civil rights bill was signed.
mr.fundamental Wrote:Timeout. I knew you could not answer a simple question. I am an educator. The renewable energy company was sold. I am now working on another project.

Well now the question is can you answer the two questions... I believe in you. You can do it. Lol.

I missed you. Let history speak for itself... Losers dont get trophies right? Answer the questions...

Lol!

I have missed you

Wow. Impressive. What was the name of the renewable energy company that you sold? You had several if memory serves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan1 Wrote:That is the weakest post I've ever gotten as a response from you, TRT. :lame:

You just generalized my whole post, because you can't refute one point.
I've been here long enough to know when you start talking Hillary and the 2016 election that you got nothing. Confusedhh:

Then you try to pick on the new guy. :lmao:

LOL, maybe. However unlike your own, it does have the notable distinction of being honest and based in historical fact.

Hillary lost. Confusedinglepar And my point was simply enough put. You have come to believe your own lies. And now you're far enough around to think I would in any way feel put upon, because you reject anything I might say. Yes I generalized your whole post and in doing so, gave it quite a lift in my view.

You've been inconsolable since November of 2016 but you're really gonna be suicidal this time around.

Lastly. I've been speaking with mr findamental on here since 2011 and he's always been able to take care of himself. Of course, that was back when was a teacher's aid that went by tvtimeout. Nonetheless if I was mr fundamental I'd pick somebody else as a wingman. But that's just me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Wow. Impressive. What was the name of the renewable energy company that you sold? You had several if memory serves.

Only one. I will PM you the name though.
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, maybe. However unlike your own, it does have the notable distinction of being honest and based in historical fact.

Hillary lost. Confusedinglepar And my point was simply enough put. You have come to believe your own lies. And now you're far enough around to think I would in any way feel put upon, because you reject anything I might say. Yes I generalized your whole post and in doing so, gave it quite a lift in my view.

You've been inconsolable since November of 2016 but you're really gonna be suicidal this time around.

Lastly. I've been speaking with mr findamental on here since 2011 and he's always been able to take care of himself. Of course, that was back when was a teacher's aid that went by tvtimeout. Nonetheless if I was mr fundamental I'd pick somebody else as a wingman. But that's just me.

Sad to know you’re still celebrating this Trump presidency guess you’re a big fan of American death, racial turmoil, and an economic depression.

Won’t have to be suicidal, this bumbled pandemic or some other Trump screw up will probably get us all if he wins again.

Btw, you still didn’t take a stand on the topic...
Ava Armstrong, Author
@MsAvaArmstrong
·
Aug 2
Time for a white privilege check—only reply if you are white and earned money as a kid. Go!
jetpilot Wrote:Ava Armstrong, Author
@MsAvaArmstrong
·
Aug 2
Time for a white privilege check—only reply if you are white and earned money as a kid. Go!

I don’t know this person.

Are they joking, trying to be blatantly racist, or are they making a comment on the immense amount of wealth that’s Not earned but inherited in this country?
Cardfan1 Wrote:I don’t know this person.

Are they joking, trying to be blatantly racist, or are they making a comment on the immense amount of wealth that’s Not earned but inherited in this country?
Are you joking, acting stupid, or are you simply the most obtuse person who participates in this forum? The point, which I am sure would be clear to almost every other person who has ever been active on BGR, is that most white people held part time jobs growing up in this country. We did not simply draw a large allowance from wealthy parents for doing nothing. White privilege is a myth created by white liberals and their media allies.

I doubt that the percentage of black kids who work to earn spending money is much different than the percentage of white kids who do the same. In fact, I would be surprised if the percentage of working white kids is not somewhat higher.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Are you joking, acting stupid, or are you simply the most obtuse person who participates in this forum? The point, which I am sure would be clear to almost every other person who has ever been active on BGR, is that most white people held part time jobs growing up in this country. We did not simply draw a large allowance from wealthy parents for doing nothing. White privilege is a myth created by white liberals and their media allies.

I doubt that the percentage of black kids who work to earn spending money is much different than the percentage of white kids who do the same. In fact, I would be surprised if the percentage of working white kids is not somewhat higher.

Oh...so the tweet is blatantly racist since it’s author has no clue what white privilege is.

Obviously you don’t know what it is, but you sure provided a good example since white kids are able to find jobs at a higher percentage.

Well...I hope that’s what you are saying.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Oh...so the tweet is blatantly racist since it’s author has no clue what white privilege is.

Obviously you don’t know what it is, but you sure provided a good example since white kids are able to find jobs at a higher percentage.

Well...I hope that’s what you are saying.
As I said, white privilege is a myth. If you believe that the color of one's skin is an insurmountable barrier to success or a guarantee of success in this nation, then you are the racist.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As I said, white privilege is a myth. If you believe that the color of one's skin is an insurmountable barrier to success or a guarantee of success in this nation, then you are the racist.

Are you kidding?

But you are the dude that believes Confederates were Americans who rebelled, but not traitors.

You must live in a basement, and are in definite need of an education.

How in the hell does white privilege not exist when this country has spent 400 years oppressing Black people either by slavery, violence, oppression, violation of civil rights, or just basic systemic racism?

I’ll admit I’m not qualified to give you an education on this subject, but you need to reach out and do better; it’s undeniable.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Are you kidding?

But you are the dude that believes Confederates were Americans who rebelled, but not traitors.

How in the hell does white privilege not exist when this country has spent 400 years oppressing Black people either by slavery, violence, oppression, violation of civil rights, or just basic systemic racism?

I’ll admit I’m not qualified to give you an education on this subject, but you need to reach out and do better; it’s undeniable.
As I said, you are a racist. As a white liberal, you victimize black Americans by constantly telling them that they cannot succeed because of racism. Yet, immigrants of all races and from all over the world fight to get into this country to take advantage of our freedom and opportunities.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As I said, you are a racist. As a white liberal, you victimize black Americans by constantly telling them that they cannot succeed because of racism. Yet, immigrants of all races and from all over the world fight to get into this country to take advantage of our freedom and opportunities.

Those same immigrants are oppressed also once they get here.

You can’t throw your obvious denial back on me, because I try to argue for minorities in this country. That’s weak sauce, dude.

You have freedom and opportunities. Those same things don’t exist everywhere for everybody.

Get out of your basement and talk to some real people.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Those same immigrants are oppressed also once they get here.

You can’t throw your obvious denial back on me, because I try to argue for minorities in this country. That’s weak sauce, dude.

You have freedom and opportunities. Those same things don’t exist everywhere for everybody.

Get out of your basement and talk to some real people.
You are speaking about a subject that you obviously know nothing about. Your low opinion of minorities and immigrants is a clear example of the soft bigotry of low expectations.

I work everyday with immigrants. Most of them are already citizens or are well along on the path to citizenship. They do the same type of work as I do, they are well paid, and most are here to stay.

The biggest barrier to success for black Americans is the fact that white liberals are constantly delivering a false message that black people cannot succeed without government help in this country. If immigrants from Ethiopia and Bangladesh can land high paying jobs in technology, and I have watched them do so first hand, then those same opportunities exist for minorities born in this country and who were raised speaking English.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Are you kidding?

Hoot Gibson Wrote:As I said, you are a racist. As a white liberal, you victimize black Americans by constantly telling them that they cannot succeed because of racism. Yet, immigrants of all races and from all over the world fight to get into this country to take advantage of our freedom and opportunities.

From the inception of mankind on planet earth, the world was prone to enslave people. The world still enslaves people even today, upwards of 40 million of them. https://thefederalist.com/2020/02/03/mil...ed-states/

We don't do that in this country, (enslave people). Why? Because we know it is wrong and immoral, and how do we know that" Because back in 1862 fresh off of a Civil War of which had it's bane of contention firmly rooted in the practice of slavery, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation. A signature born of a war that spilled enough American blood to float the USS Lexington to use for the signing ceremony. It took a while for the moral reality to sink in, but as of the 1960's Americans had made peace with each other. The different factions of our society had not only learned to embrace all of mankind, more notably perhaps, America led the world in bringing all the civilized nations to that same awareness of equality in deference to their Creator. But as Caesar famously said, all peace is fleeting, and though dead at the time, Cardfan's comrades-in-arms, the Al Sharpton's and George Soros' of this world, managed to pull off a resurgence of racism. And aided today by the able though illegal assistance of Democrat Governors of this land, race riots and anarchy of all forms once again threaten to plunge the US into an existential spiral of self destructive violence.

But frankly, this idea that bias goes only one way is as ludicrous as it is dishonest. All races have had their suspicions and dislikes of each other across time. Deciding to be socially inclusive is a two way street between everybody. There are supposedly four major racial groups on earth. But no two countries are really sweethearts. Countries have fought each other since the flood. If one were to take war out of the conversation the countries of Europe wouldn't have anything to write in the history books. Cain slew his brother Abel. The sons of Ishmael have always hated the Jew. Germany despised France. Heck, take something as trivial as football and basketball rivalries at the high school level in this land. Games... not land, not disputes over mineral rights or the like but games, have created life long enemies out of the adult parents of high school athletes who live 200 feet from each other separated only by an invisible school district boundary line. The natural man is biased, and he is sinful.

But congratulations there Cardfan you're still 0-fer. Just going by your BGR comments, I don't know that you've ever been on the right side of any political, social, or religious issue.

If America were racist, and if white privilege did exist you explain to me how we have allowed over 30 million Latino's to illegally cross the border in defiance of immigration law, get good jobs and raise families here in the US? Even to the point where President Trump very publicly and generously offered to give nearly 2 million Dreamers a path to citizenship?

The vast majority of Americans, white Americans, have nothing but respect and admiration for anybody who is a go-getter. I know, I employed these folks myself for years. And I can tell you that they are as extremely well treated as they are liked by their American co-workers. And I'm not the only one in my family who can make that statement. I have brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, and brothers and sisters who can say the same thing without the slightest hint of fudging.

White privilege does not exist systemically in this land. Another point. Millions of white male children sport jersey's of their favorite athletes here in America. From David Ortiz, to Michael Jordan, to Alex Rodriquez, to James LeBron. White privilege is a lie. But with you, what else is new?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]