Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG 15th Region
Best point G in 15th Region.
I really like Tharp from Paintsville. Handles pressure, can shoot, create his own shot, creates for others and always guards the other teams best player. May from JC is more of a combo guard IMO
1). Dingus - Martin Co
2). Worrix - Shelby Valley
3). Maynard - Lawerence Co.
4). Hall - Pikeville
How about Sal Dean Belfry?
I forgot about Dean yes he would definitely be top 3 with dingus and worrix.
1. Dingus-Martin Co
2. Worrix-Shelby Valley
3. Tharp-Paintsville
4. Maynard-Lawrence Co
5. Hall-Pikeville
6. Dean-Belfry
7. Arnett-Magoffin Co
8. Wood-East Ridge
9. Adkins-Pike Co Central
10. Hall-Floyd Co Central
Worrix-SV
Dingus-MC
Dean-Belfry
Tharp-Paintsville
Arnett-Magoffin
Maynard-Lawrence
Moore-FC
Justice-Pburg
Laithan Hall at Pikeville is the best defender in the 15th Region and his offense was really coming alive when he went down. If his knee gets back to 100%, I’d put him right in the mix of top five point guards.
Brady Dingess is number 1 in the 15th region and would be number 1 in the state if MC had a coach that could help him
BallFan1952 Wrote:Brady Dingess is number 1 in the 15th region and would be number 1 in the state if MC had a coach that could help him

I think Dingess is a pretty good player. I do not believe he is even the best PG in the 15th. K. Worrix is by far the best in the mountains. All time assist leader at Valley and hasn’t played a game as a senior yet. You can’t press him or even guard him 1 v 1. The fastest and one of the smartest players I’ve seen come through the 15th in awhile. People want to knock him cause he is short but I’ll put him against anyone.
My exposure to 15th region games is a very small sample size. Pikeville, Belfry, Shelby Valley and Martin County. I’d have to rank them

Dingess
Worrix
Dean
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
BoyWonder14 Wrote:I think Dingess is a pretty good player. I do not believe he is even the best PG in the 15th. K. Worrix is by far the best in the mountains. All time assist leader at Valley and hasn’t played a game as a senior yet. You can’t press him or even guard him 1 v 1. The fastest and one of the smartest players I’ve seen come through the 15th in awhile. People want to knock him cause he is short but I’ll put him against anyone.

According to the KHSAA, Worrix and Dingess both played 33 games last year

Dingess had 543 pts and Worrix 254 pts for the year

Worrix will be a Senior this year and Dingess will be a Junior.

They are both about same size and have about the same speed

Worrix is a ok player but Dingess lead his team to 15th Region win.

I think Dingess wins this battle for Point Guard Confusednicker:
The Eagle Knows Wrote:According to the KHSAA, Worrix and Dingess both played 33 games last year

Dingess had 543 pts and Worrix 254 pts for the year

Worrix will be a Senior this year and Dingess will be a Junior.

They are both about same size and have about the same speed

Worrix is a ok player but Dingess lead his team to 15th Region win.

I think Dingess wins this battle for Point Guard Confusednicker:

Okay so Dingess shot the ball 192 more times than Worrix and 111 more free throws. This thread is about being the best point guard not whose the better scorer.

Worrix may be a Senior and Dingess a Junior but if you look at actual age Dingess will turn 18 in September and Worrix will not turn 18 till March. So Dingess is older.

As far as size wise. Dingess is about 6’0 and Worrix is around 5’5 and the speed isn’t even close.

Dingess also has a 6’10” kid on his team. Size in which this Region never sees.

So if you actually break down whose the better Point Guard then I think Worrix wins this battle. Dingess should already be a senior. 😛
Dingess is a very good player, but the amount of hype surrounding him since he was in 8th grade has been ridiculous. He hasn’t exactly lived up to the expectations set by the hype machine. Is he one of the top players in the 15th? Certainly. Is he and elite prospect? I don’t think he has proven himself to be yet. I have to give the edge to best point guard in the 15th to Worrix. Not saying he is a better college prospect than Dingess, but as of right now, he’s a better Point Guard.
Hard to argue that Dingess shouldn't be at the top of this list right now, reigning regional tourney MVP
Hoop Wrote:Hard to argue that Dingess shouldn't be at the top of this list right now, reigning regional tourney MVP

You make a valid point.
Hoop Wrote:Hard to argue that Dingess shouldn't be at the top of this list right now, reigning regional tourney MVP

But the MVP is given to a player on the championship team. Thats like saying Andre igudola was better than lebron james in the 2015 NBA finals because he won MVP. So can you really use that as a argument.
Nolietotell Wrote:But the MVP is given to a player on the championship team. Thats like saying Andre igudola was better than lebron james in the 2015 NBA finals because he won MVP. So can you really use that as a argument.
Y

Not sure about NBA finals arguments etc., just saying that winning the regional tourney MVP is a great accomplishment, leading your team to a championship is really the goal of a PG, and Dingess (along with several other PG's in the region are very skilled), so, this in my mind, winning the award and the regional championship, give the edge to Dingess at this time.
Thats what my point is about. Winning a tourney MVP thats giving to a player on the winning team doesn't mean they're the best. Cody Potter was the best player in the region last year and he didnt win the regional tourney MVP. You can't base an argument of whose the best player at a certain position all bc another kid had a better team.
Well, actually I can base my argument on whatever I want since its my opinion - and my current opinion is that there are several very good point guards in the region, but to me the tiebreaker is Dinges lead his team to a regional championship and MVP (which means a lot in the regional tourney), and therefore, he gets the nod, so that is my opinion, and you are entitled to yours :rockon::rockon::rockon:
Hoop Wrote:Well, actually I can base my argument on whatever I want since its my opinion - and my current opinion is that there are several very good point guards in the region, but to me the tiebreaker is Dinges lead his team to a regional championship and MVP (which means a lot in the regional tourney), and therefore, he gets the nod, so that is my opinion, and you are entitled to yours :rockon::rockon::rockon:

So will your opinion be different if a different team wins this year and they're PG wins the tourney MVP. Will you then have them as the best PG?
Dingess is a good offensive player in the 15th region but he couldn't guard my mom and I buried her five years ago. Statewide, doesn't make the cut!
It all comes down to egilibility. Dingess has more left
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:It all comes down to egilibility. Dingess has more left

Eligibility has nothing to do with who is the best this year. We're not talking career.