Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cost for High School Baseball
Hearing some parents say baseball is expensive to play on a school team. 200or 300 for regular season. 300 for Spring trip and then another 250 for summer ball on school team. Call it what you want they are school teams in the Summer. Is this accurate . That seems a bit ridiculous almost 1000 bucks a year for a kid to play school ball.
Varies by school. Some schools don't charge these fees. Some schools place big emphasis on fund raising. Unfortunately, cost has out paced funding for what is basically a no revenue sport.
Officials HOME
Game Balls HOME
Bus Driver AWAY travel
Fuel AWAY travel
+uniforms, pants, cap
+equipment (catcher's gear, helmets, practice balls, bats, etc.)
+entry fees for tournaments, overnight stays
IT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY TO FUND A NON-REVENUE SPORT)
Ramfan02 Wrote:Hearing some parents say baseball is expensive to play on a school team. 200or 300 for regular season. 300 for Spring trip and then another 250 for summer ball on school team. Call it what you want they are school teams in the Summer. Is this accurate . That seems a bit ridiculous almost 1000 bucks a year for a kid to play school ball.

Exact amounts of what your going to pay depends on what school your kid attends but most every high school sport requires the parents to pay something , at some schools you have to dig deeper than others. My advice, and I had the same feelings you did when mine started high school, is enjoy every minute of every day that you get to see them play, the next four years are the culmination of the journey they've had playing one of the best sports out there. I'd pay the money again just to go along for the ride and btw that $300 for the spring trip is only if you don't go with them but I wouldn't miss it for the world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes blueandgreen's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
When I played high school baseball not many years ago all I paid for was a glove and cleats. We didn’t have to buy our jerseys, bats, anything else that’s needed for baseball. And I played on a school team that was baseball heavy like others in the mountains. I know some parents that have to buy jerseys, different cleats for different turf styles, and all the travel fees for these trips to Florida and stuff
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(07-12-2020, 03:15 PM)rawlingsfan Wrote: Officials HOME
Game Balls HOME
Bus Driver AWAY travel
Fuel AWAY travel
+uniforms, pants, cap
+equipment (catcher's gear, helmets, practice balls, bats, etc.)
+entry fees for tournaments, overnight stays
IT COSTS A LOT OF MONEY TO FUND A NON-REVENUE SPORT)
This is spot on.  We may be the only self funded team in our school.  We raise upwards of $20K every year to take care of the above.  Unlike other schools, the player fees generally covers their uniform - 2 jerseys, pants, 2 hats, socks, belt, warm up, shorts and tee shirt.  We stay no where overnight, regardless of where we play in the state.  No out of town trips, the competition and number of turf fields in NKY allow us to get our games in in March.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stardust's post:
  • BlackcatAlum