Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restraining Order Issued Against Gov Brashear
Granny Bear Wrote:https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-kent...HvFjKRwpWE

I'm glad somebody finally got a leash on him. I took the time today to read Kentucky's Constitution; In which BTW, the Governor's powers are enumerated clearly. No where is there any mention of his having the power to rule by 'executive order.' What would the qualifier be anyway, emergency" LOL, everything is an emergency to the left.

Cuomo is running wild with this idea that he has executive order power in New York where 2,438 nursing home deaths have occurred and which according to so many, are attributable to one of Gov Cuomo's own executive orders. Likewise things seem to be getting equally fuzzy for the US Supreme Court which has completely lost it's way in the prevention of destructive personal persecution of a sitting President.

THE NEW YORK POST---- “The President is neither absolutely immune from state criminal subpoenas seeking his private papers nor entitled to a heightened standard of need,” the first verdict from Chief Justice John Roberts read.

The historic ruling will allow Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. to have a grand jury subpoena eight years of the president’s tax returns that he has fought to keep private since he entered public office.

However, such a subpoena will have to be ruled on by the US District Court in DC and, even if it is issued, the records likely would not be made public before the November presidential election, providing something of a victory to Trump even in defeat."
------------------------------

What an epic mess, and things will only get much worse. My advice? Seek God and enjoy the last vestiges of our freedoms and normalcy even as we inevitably lose our grip on them. Because in the absence of a bunch of new George Washingtons, Benjamin Franklins, Thomas Jeffersons and Thomas Paynes, we'll not see them again. The cost of such things are too dear, as they are too rare and too precious among gifts to expect to see them again in one lifetime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I'm glad somebody finally got a leash on him. I took the time today to read Kentucky's Constitution; In which BTW, the Governor's powers are enumerated clearly. No where is there any mention of his having the power to rule by 'executive order.' What would the qualifier be anyway, emergency" LOL, everything is an emergency to the left.

Cuomo is running wild with this idea that he has executive order power in New York where 2,438 nursing home deaths have occurred and which according to so many, are attributable to one of Gov Cuomo's own executive orders. Likewise things seem to be getting equally fuzzy for the US Supreme Court which has completely lost it's way in the prevention of destructive personal persecution of a sitting President.

THE NEW YORK POST---- “The President is neither absolutely immune from state criminal subpoenas seeking his private papers nor entitled to a heightened standard of need,” the first verdict from Chief Justice John Roberts read.

The historic ruling will allow Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. to have a grand jury subpoena eight years of the president’s tax returns that he has fought to keep private since he entered public office.

However, such a subpoena will have to be ruled on by the US District Court in DC and, even if it is issued, the records likely would not be made public before the November presidential election, providing something of a victory to Trump even in defeat."
------------------------------

What an epic mess, and things will only get much worse. My advice? Seek God and enjoy the last vestiges of our freedoms and normalcy even as we inevitably lose our grip on them. Because in the absence of a bunch of new George Washingtons, Benjamin Franklins, Thomas Jeffersons and Thomas Paynes, we'll not see them again. The cost of such things are too dear, as they are too rare and too precious among gifts to expect to see them again in one lifetime.

Well, I am curious of your opinion on the Kentucky Supreme Court and their injunction on this order?
mr.fundamental Wrote:Well, I am curious of your opinion on the Kentucky Supreme Court and their injunction on this order?

Obviously too many liberals on the Court.
jetpilot Wrote:Obviously too many liberals on the Court.

Oh yes... the fall back. I keep forgetting that. It would be interesting to see the governor's actions and compare those actions with the pandemic of 1918.