Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Note To President Trump
Want to undo the immorality of the oppressive tax burden on the nation's elderly and counter the left's emergent lie that you don't care about the senior population at the same time? Both in time to make a difference in this year's election season?

REDUCE THE BURDENSOME TAX BURDEN FOR THOSE WHOSE INCOME FALLS BELOW A CERTAIN QUALIFYING THRESHOLD EACH YEAR!!!!!

Hello? They've done their part and the cost of living is always going up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(07-10-2020, 08:35 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Want to undo the immorality of the oppressive tax burden on the nation's elderly and counter the left's emergent lie that you don't care about the senior population at the same time? Both in time to make a difference in this year's election season?

REDUCE THE BURDENSOME TAX BURDEN FOR THOSE WHOSE INCOME FALLS BELOW A CERTAIN QUALIFYING THRESHOLD EACH YEAR!!!!!

Now is the time to do it President Biden

Social_Security_2100_Act_Fact_Sheet.pdf (house.gov)
(03-11-2021, 02:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:35 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Want to undo the immorality of the oppressive tax burden on the nation's elderly and counter the left's emergent lie that you don't care about the senior population at the same time? Both in time to make a difference in this year's election season?

Working aged adult Americans should be employed or looking for a job - not looking for a bigger handout. I am all for giving breaks to Social Security recipients who earned their benefits. Democrats who have fought attempts to allow the elderly to invest their payments into SSN have cost recipients trillions of dollars of income over the years.
(03-11-2021, 07:18 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Working aged adult Americans should be employed or looking for a job - not looking for a bigger handout. I am all for giving breaks to Social Security recipients who earned their benefits. Democrats who have fought attempts to allow the elderly to invest their payments into SSN have cost recipients trillions of dollars of income over the years.
You do know to receive SS Benefits you have to pay into it to it to get SS Benefits your smarter than that i believe ?
(03-11-2021, 07:25 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

You do know to receive SS Benefits you have to pay into it to it to get SS Benefits your smarter than that i believe ?
There is another way of getting benefits. Hire a crooked ambulance chasing lawyer and claim an injury under SSI. I am sure that you have heard of people who have collected on bogus SSI claims. Haven't you?
(03-11-2021, 07:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

There is another way of getting benefits. Hire a crooked ambulance chasing lawyer and claim an injury under SSI. I am sure that you have heard of people who have collected on bogus SSI claims. Haven't you?
SSI is for the poorest of the poor it is funded by federal tax dollars not SS taxes it's just enough maybe to keep them starving
Are they abuse why sure name me one program that there is no abuse 
And NO i have not claimed SSI make too much money and have too much money and assets 
As much as you are on this site you must have a simple job my guess it's licking envelopes
(03-11-2021, 08:38 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 07:40 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 02:28 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Now is the time to do it President Biden

SSI is for the poorest of the poor it is funded by federal tax dollars not SS taxes it's just enough maybe to keep them starving
Are they abuse why sure name me one program that there is no abuse 
And NO i have not claimed SSI make too much money and have too much money and assets 
As much as you are on this site you must have a simple job my guess it's licking envelopes
We have already established that you are a liar, Comrade vector. There is no reason to believe anything that you claim about yourself. However, I never claimed that you are drawing SSI. I was speaking in generalities because few of us really have any clue what other members are like in real life. You may be wealthy Ivy League phD who just enjoys playing dumb.
My guess is vector, under the terms of his disability retirement, does in fact receive SSI payments from the government. Those will go on until he actually reaches retirement age and then said payments will automatically roll over into regular SS benefits.

As with anything associated with the US government, if one gets some form of personal funding there will be compliance actions attached to those payments. That, like the dirge of a speech on CV-19 Biden delivered last night, is a form of control; and let's face it. If Dems are about anything they are about control.

Social Security payments used to be an earned entitlement based on how much one paid into the fund. Those payments are therefore rightly referred as an 'entitlement.'  In the same way the worker is entitled to his paycheck each week. faithful Americans who worked and made their families self sufficient social units across their entire working lifetimes, also contributed the taxes on which this nation was built. That was the arrangement-- we contribute money while we work and Uncle Sam reciprocates when we are old and incapable of working, by supplementing our financial situation with payments drawn out of the SS fund that our taxes created.

But people who do not/did not work across their lives and have not contributed to Social Security, still get paid. And to confuse the situation Dems wrongly refer to those payments as entitlements. They are not entitlements. Call them gifts, awards, or whatever, but they are welfare based on need without benefit of contribution. IN FACT, it is my expectation that many of those who do not work but are nonetheless financed by Dems, are more securely entrenched in their entitlement status than the elderly who actually worked their whole lives. As with everything else they like, by relabeling welfare as being entitlements, things become a little hazy and thus easier to defend. Because after all, "that's who we are."

What I said was the elderly have already done their part and then some. Working in bad conditions, breathing contaminated air and exposing themselves to myriad threats shortened many a life. But I understand some older folks don't live on the edge, and may be invested or otherwise comfortably healed still having substantial incomes. So does the 'pay your fair share' principle apply for everybody, or just those without much of a voice? Given our present climate those more wealthy seniors should be taxed, I agree. So what's fair? Bracket the federal income tax collected from old folks. Their medical costs are over the moon, and yet they are expected to pay for the free ride of black people in Kentucky according to our governor. Pension amounts (if one is lucky enough to have one) are not adjusted for inflation. Vehicles for example, cost twice the amount they did at the time of my retirement. Food, utilities, insurance, property taxes, absolutely everything including paper towels have nearly doubled. It is immoral for the US Congress and State Congresses to continue to slam old people the way they do for taxes. Therefore. Set up the taxation brackets for the aged similar to the stimulus brackets. Limit taxes for two people who make up to 150 thousand; and progressively open the rate up for those who make more.

Let's honor those who are poor. But let's not extort what little money seniors have in order to do so. If we had taken .9 of the 1.9 trillion dollar liberal bail-out wish list, and supplemented SS and SSI and whatever else libs use to bribe people, it would have served the US far better, and for far longer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-12-2021, 01:15 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: My guess is vector, under the terms of his disability retirement, does in fact receive SSI payments from the government. Those will go on until he actually reaches retirement age and then said payments will automatically roll over into regular SS benefits.

As with anything associated with the US government, if one gets some form of personal funding there will be compliance actions attached to those payments. That, like the dirge of a speech on CV-19 Biden delivered last night, is a form of control; and let's face it. If Dems are about anything they are about control.

Social Security payments used to be an earned entitlement based on how much one paid into the fund. Those payments are therefore rightly referred as an 'entitlement.'    In the same way the worker is entitled to his paycheck each week. faithful Americans who worked and made their families self sufficient social units across their entire working lifetimes, also contributed the taxes on which this nation was built. That was the arrangement-- we contribute money while we work and Uncle Sam reciprocates when we are old and incapable of working, by supplementing our financial situation with payments drawn out of the SS fund that our taxes created.

But people who do not/did not work across their lives and have not contributed to Social Security, still get paid. And to confuse the situation Dems wrongly refer to those payments as entitlements. They are not entitlements. Call them gifts, awards, or whatever, but they are welfare based on need without benefit of contribution. IN FACT, it is my expectation that many of those who do not work but are nonetheless financed by Dems, are more securely entrenched in their entitlement status than the elderly who actually worked their whole lives. As with everything else they like, by relabeling welfare as being entitlements, things become a little hazy and thus easier to defend. Because after all, "that's who we are."

What I said was the elderly have already done their part and then some. Working in bad conditions, breathing contaminated air and exposing themselves to myriad threats shortened many a life. But I understand some older folks don't live on the edge, and may be invested or otherwise comfortably healed still having substantial incomes. So does the 'pay your fair share' principle apply for everybody, or just those without much of a voice? Given our present climate those more wealthy seniors should be taxed, I agree. So what's fair? Bracket the federal income tax collected from old folks. Their medical costs are over the moon, and yet they are expected to pay for the free ride of black people in Kentucky according to our governor. Pension amounts (if one is lucky enough to have one) are not adjusted for inflation. Vehicles for example, cost twice the amount they did at the time of my retirement. Food, utilities, insurance, property taxes, absolutely everything including paper towels have  nearly doubled. It is immoral for the US Congress and State Congresses to continue to slam old people the way they do for taxes. Therefore. Set up the taxation brackets for the aged similar to the stimulus brackets. Limit taxes for two people who make up to 150 thousand; and progressively open the rate up for those who make more.

Let's honor those who are poor. But let's not extort what little money seniors have in order to do so. If we had taken .9 of the 1.9 trillion dollar liberal bail-out wish list, and supplemented SS and SSI and whatever else libs use to bribe people, it would have served the US far better, and for far longer.
Well said. I understand very well that, on the rare occasions that a Soviet comrade agrees with our posts, the motives for their agreement is almost always something very different than ours.  Smile
(03-12-2021, 01:15 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: My guess is vector, under the terms of his disability retirement, does in fact receive SSI payments from the government. Those will go on until he actually reaches retirement age and then said payments will automatically roll over into regular SS benefits.

Social Security payments used to be an earned entitlement based on how much one paid into the fund. Those payments are therefore rightly referred as an 'entitlement.'    In the same way the worker is entitled to his paycheck each week. faithful Americans who worked and made their families self sufficient social units across their entire working lifetimes, also contributed the taxes on which this nation was built. That was the arrangement-- we contribute money while we work and Uncle Sam reciprocates when we are old and incapable of working, by supplementing our financial situation with payments drawn out of the SS fund that our taxes created.

What I said was the elderly have already done their part and then some. Working in bad conditions, breathing contaminated air and exposing themselves to myriad threats shortened many a life. But I understand some older folks don't live on the edge, and may be invested or otherwise comfortably healed still having substantial incomes. So does the pay your fair share apply for everybody, or just those without much of a voice? Given our present climate those more wealthy seniors should be taxed, I agree. So what's fair? Bracket the federal income tax collected from old folks. Their medical costs are over the moon, and yet they are expected to pay for the free ride of black people in Kentucky according to our governor. Pension amounts (if one is lucky enough to have one) are not adjusted for inflation. Vehicles for example, cost twice the amount they did at the time of my retirement. Food, utilities, insurance, property taxes, absolutely everything including paper towels has nearly doubled. It is immoral for the US Congress and State Congresses to continue to slam old people the way they do for taxes. Therefore. Set up the taxation brackets for the aged similar to the stimulus brackets. Limit taxes for two people who make up to 150 thousand; and progressively open the rate up for those who make more.

Well first TRT you guessed WRONG i do not receive SSI 
Second people who get SSI are some of the poorest in the country it's people who have not worked enough or long enough to get SS benefits are you still with me you can't get SS unless you payed into it simple
SS To get SS they take your best 35 years of earnings to calculate your benefits and NO i don't get SSI or SS as of now will never get SSI earned too much and too many assets
I am close to retirement age which is 62 how old was you when you got your disability ?
And SS is NOT a 'entitlement'  but if you live a long time you will get more than you recieve
Now SSI is a  "entitlement"  you receive something without paying into it but on the other hand  are you going to let them starve?
I agree do away with taxing SS benefits stupid thing i have seen 
Call Hal Rogers and tell him to get behind the social security 2100 act i bet he will laugh at you don't even bother with Mitch or Paul they don't even believe in SS
The last Ky governor raised taxes on pensions and ira distributions it was any thing over $41,000 now it's $31,000 why?

(03-12-2021, 01:39 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

What I said was the elderly have already done their part and then some. Working in bad conditions, breathing contaminated air and exposing themselves to myriad threats shortened many a life. But I understand some older folks don't live on the edge, and may be invested or otherwise comfortably healed still having substantial incomes. So does the pay your fair share apply for everybody, or just those without much of a voice? Given our present climate those more wealthy seniors should be taxed, I agree. So what's fair? Bracket the federal income tax collected from old folks. Their medical costs are over the moon, and yet they are expected to pay for the free ride of black people in Kentucky according to our governor. Pension amounts (if one is lucky enough to have one) are not adjusted for inflation. Vehicles for example, cost twice the amount they did at the time of my retirement. Food, utilities, insurance, property taxes, absolutely everything including paper towels has nearly doubled. It is immoral for the US Congress and State Congresses to continue to slam old people the way they do for taxes. Therefore. Set up the taxation brackets for the aged similar to the stimulus brackets. Limit taxes for two people who make up to 150 thousand; and progressively open the rate up for those who make more.

Well first TRT you guessed WRONG i do not receive SSI 
Second people who get SSI are some of the poorest in the country it's people who have not worked enough or long enough to get SS benefits are you still with me you can't get SS unless you payed into it simple
SS To get SS they take your best 35 years of earnings to calculate your benefits and NO i don't get SSI or SS as of now will never get SSI earned too much and too many assets
I am close to retirement age which is 62 how old was you when you got your disability ?
And SS is NOT a 'entitlement'  but if you live a long time you will get more than you recieve
Now SSI is a  "entitlement"  you receive something without paying into it but on the other hand  are you going to let them starve?
I agree do away with taxing SS benefits stupid thing i have seen 
Call Hal Rogers and tell him to get behind the social security 2100 act i bet he will laugh at you don't even bother with Mitch or Paul they don't even believe in SS
The last Ky governor raised taxes on pensions and ira distributions it was any thing over $41,000 now it's $31,000 why?

So in making yet another errant and detached post you demonstrate your own failings in reading comprehension wben you try and fail to insult my own intellect? Hilarious. I would not want to call somebody stupid who obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. But if you're going to tread that ground in my case, then the kid gloves are off. SSI payments for example, can go to dependent minor children of retired people and other such applications. They have in that case, nothing at all to do with level of income. But in keeping with concepts for the simple, some women in this country never work a day of their lives. When their husbands retire, and after they themselves reach the age of 65, they still get a check for 1/2 the amount their husbands get. From Social Security.

You're 100% wrong about what constitutes an entitlement. Free money is welfare, end of story. Entitlements are merit based payouts to those who contribute something to the equation. And lastly, if little Andy lowered the the threshold for taxable income on IRA's from 41 thousand down to 31 thousand, that means he increased the tax burden on those people who earn between 41 and 31 thousand. So if the cited source below doesn't spell it out sufficiently enough for you... you're a man of finance, get your CPA to explain it to you. Meanwhile in using that itchy Google finger of yours, you're wasting your time in trying to redefine what I know to be the truth. But do continue surfing and sourcing that liberal cesspool of your favor.

MARKETWATCH---
“Entitlement” often refers to Social Security and Medicare, but critics [liberals relabeling the term in the name of social justice] argue that’s the wrong way to describe it. Many Americans take to social platforms saying they’ve paid into the system their entire careers, and thus, the benefit they will receive belongs to them. And they’re right — which is a big part of the reason they’re called entitlements, experts say, because recipients are indeed entitled to them.
See: Social Security’s not keeping up with inflation — here’s what that means for you

The term entitlement has developed a negative connotation, said Nancy Altman, president of Social Security Works, which advocates for expanding the program. “Focus groups have found when you ask people to name entitlements, they’ll focus on welfare, and when they’re told Social Security [is an entitlement program], they get angry because of course Social Security is an earned benefit,” she said. The idea of being “entitled” has over time become associated with getting something one doesn’t deserve.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-o...2020-02-04
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am not, nor have I ever applied for or received any form of disability. But I knew you were on one by the way you talk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-12-2021, 05:17 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: I am not, nor have I ever applied for or received any form of disability. But I knew you were on one by the way you talk.
It is pretty obvious, isn't it? Before Obama and Biden killed the coal mining industry in eastern Kentucky, it was difficult to hire experienced, older coal miners because so many near retirement filed bogus disability claims through one of the many crooked eastern Kentucky lawyers.

I have probably told you this story before, but one of the top corporate attorneys in West Virginia once told me how amazed he was by the sheer number of lawyers in eastern Kentucky. He went through phone books for Johnson, Floyd, and Pike Counties and calculated that, on a per capita basis, those counties had three times as many lawyers as Huntington had at the time. That is one of the biggest reasons why it has been so hard to convince businesses to locate facilities in eastern Kentucky. Slip and fall lawyers and their clients swarm like locusts on any company perceived to have deep pockets. It is a vicious cycle that gets worse in tough economic times.
^^ Absolutely. I've seen the ads for lawyers that 'specialize' in disabilities. And speaking of Obama, I remember the Obama administration easing the legal thresholds and or qualifications for people seeking to get disabilities. Like those blind people I see walking around with a white cane in their hand while texting on their cell phones. Things that make you go hmmm. I believe the left encourages this kind of thing as a vehicle of wealth redistribution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-12-2021, 06:17 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ Absolutely. I've seen the ads for lawyers that 'specialize' in disabilities. And speaking of Obama, I remember the Obama administration easing the legal thresholds and or qualifications for people seeking to get disabilities. Like those blind people I see walking around with a white cane in their hand while texting on their cell phones. Things that make you go hmmm. I believe the left encourages this kind of thing as a vehicle of wealth redistribution.
I have been watching a lot of travel videos on YouTube the past few weeks. The hatred that most people who live in the former Soviet republics have for communists and socialists is incredible. There are some areas where many people lived a more comfortable life before the fall of the USSR, particularly such as areas that were popular vacation spots for high ranking Communist Party members but for the most part, citizens of those countries have a deep hatred of communism and socialism. 

One YouTube channel in particular (bald and bankrupt) has focused on remaining signs of Soviet culture in the former USSR, such as architecture, mosaics, bus stations, etc. I have gained a lot of respect for people living in countries like Belorussia, Georgia, Monrovia, etc. Unfortunately, after the Soviet Union fell apart under the weight of its centralized command economy, crooked politicians in several of those countries filled the power vacuum and emptied the national treasuries of cash. But after watching dozens of videos, my belief in the basic goodness of most people has been reinforced.

Some of the most incredible acts of kindness and generosity come from people who are truly too poor to afford a decent pair of shoes. Crooked politicians are the rule rather than the exception in countries across the globe. Most people are just trying to survive the best that they can despite their crooked governments.

It is hard to understand why so many Americans cannot understand the danger or socialist policies and the refusal of elected officials to govern in accordance with a constitution and constitutional laws. It is sad to watch people walking without fear in the midst of extreme poverty in places like the slums of Delhi, while so many people in this country blame poverty for the extreme dangers faced by people living in our inner cities. 
Americans are sublimely naive where it comes to outside threat and the source of this country's greatness. And one of the primary drivers of this unfortunate situation is the loss of heritage. Parents and loved ones don't pass our national heritage to their children in the vast majority of cases. Incredibly we just turn that life blood issue over to strangers in the field of education. Many of these Academics being from foreign lands. When did we go off the track?

Against all odds and at great cost in blood and treasure, the US defeated the greatest existential scourge this world has ever seen in WW2. And yet even with the surviving threat of a nuclear Soviet Union to deal with, America somehow mastered the technique of missing the meaning of their own accomplishments. Not the military of course, and certainly not President Eisenhower or those troops who were lucky enough to return home to pursue a life of freedom. Nonetheless the west coast liberal academia, who were in violent opposition to the US  participation in WW2, were still insisting that America should never have gone to war in the first place. They taught instead that appeasement would have been a far better tack. To them America was/is the consummate bully, with an ignoble record of using military force to push the rest of the world around. Which of course was the impetus of MR Obama's Apology Tour, himself reportedly a product of Occidental College in Los Angeles.

But if you weren't of age in the 60's you wouldn't recognize how profoundly that poisonous message changed our culture. Our politicians tell us that we are a nation of laws, and those laws must be enforced if we are to survive as a free people. And that is correct. WW2 ended in 1945. But by 1966 many of the youth of the west coast had already been indoctrinated with the aforementioned anti-American propaganda. And at the birthplace of being a 'rebel with a cause' or a clue, America saw the Sun Set Strip riots take place. Some of the more notable players involved were people like Jack Nicholson and Peter and Jane Fonda. The house band at Sun Set's Whiskey A Go-Go was Buffalo Springfield. They sang about 'battle lines being drawn' and 'young people speaking their minds.' Young people who knew next to nothing about actual history but who'd been indoctrinated with the lie which stated that it was the US who'd been the aggressor in world conflicts.

Liberals see the form and fashion of the United States as somehow being evil. America are a free people who govern themselves and to whom the authorities are to be in subjection. In the socialist universe the opposite is true. The people are subservient to the State, which wields totalitarian and tyrannical power. It's the quintessential example of freedom as opposed ironically in this civil unrest obsessed America, to a life of true slavery.

All of that just to point out how difficult it has been for Americans to retain the proper perspective of life on this planet. Though we are a people born of oppression, rich with heritage, Americans and political leaders growingly call for socialism as a way of life here. Which is unbelievable. There are forces out there which would consider it good sport to summarily destroy the US, and would do so without one wince of regret. But straight out of La-La Land, we're still all about following the lead of the liberal west coast elitists, teaching misconceived imaginations about some mythical brotherhood of people who live in yellow submarines and and oppose the blue (and orange) meanies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This thread

“I earned my govt handout, but YOU didn’t!”

Big Grin Big Grin.

This is what Republicans is want. Fighting amongst the plebeians over morsels while they take the whole damn pie.
Thanks for demonstrating willful ignorance at it's purest once again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]