Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 15 players since 2000
they've been alot of great players come through the 15th region. Who is your top 15 since the year 2000. Not including current players.. My list looks like this
1)Elisha Justice SV
2)Patrick Tackett SV
3)Shawn Newsome AC
4)Brad Lowe PCC
5)Seth Kiser SV
6)Rusty Tackett SF
7)Michael Hall SF
8)Wyatt Batitle Pikeville
9)Landon Slone Paintsville
10)Mason Blair JC
11)Chaz Harmon Paintsville
12)Jesse McCarthy JC
13)Brandon May SC
14)Shane Simpkons Paintsville
15)JR Tackett SF/FC
Shane Hall from JC. Dalton brothers from Lawrence County. Kyle Gullett from JC. All finalists for Mr. Basketball. Shane Hall finished 2nd or 3rd in the voting.

These guys have to be on the list somewhere.
Bj Moore and Justin Johnson from SCHS
From Betsy Layne. I’d thrown Nathan Martin’s name into the ranks somewhere. All A State Champion MVP
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Justin only played his freshman season i think in the 15th so i would exclude him
Who would you replace spud6 and put Nathan Martin in
Nolietotell Wrote:Justin only played his freshman season i think in the 15th so i would exclude him

And sophomore. I watched him as a sophomore play for Sheldon Clark at Shelby Valley.
Nolietotell Wrote:Justin only played his freshman season i think in the 15th so i would exclude him

Now that I don’t know
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Now that I don’t know

Nathan was a good player don't get me wrong but as a whole body of work I don't see him replacing anyone. You mentioned he was an all a state map and champ. That was 1 weekend yea its a great weekend but still 1 weekend. I can only find stats for his sophomore through senior years and he had 956 points in the time and won 2 district titles during his tenure at BL. JR was my number 15 and I'm going to use him for example he was a 4 time district champ who tallied over 500 rebounds 500 assists and had over 1700 points and he missed most of the front of his sophomore year due to injury. Neither won regional POY Nathan lost to HOBO and JR lost to Wyatt Battitle...like I said. Nathan was a good player but he doesn't make my top 15 but again thats my opinion
Nolietotell Wrote:Nathan was a good player don't get me wrong but as a whole body of work I don't see him replacing anyone. You mentioned he was an all a state map and champ. That was 1 weekend yea its a great weekend but still 1 weekend. I can only find stats for his sophomore through senior years and he had 956 points in the time and won 2 district titles during his tenure at BL. JR was my number 15 and I'm going to use him for example he was a 4 time district champ who tallied over 500 rebounds 500 assists and had over 1700 points and he missed most of the front of his sophomore year due to injury. Neither won regional POY Nathan lost to HOBO and JR lost to Wyatt Battitle...like I said. Nathan was a good player but he doesn't make my top 15 but again thats my opinion

That’s fair. I just don’t go by stats, I go by watching players in games. I would take Nathan over some of these players on this list to go get me buckets an win me a game.
#BBFL
Shane Hall has to be on there
zaga_fan Wrote:Shane Hall has to be on there

Again. This is MY TOP 15. I would love to see everyone else's top 15 not just 1 player everyone thinks I missed
Missed a lot more than just one. The players you left off could beat the team you put together (save Elisha Justice).
Guys, I don’t know about you, but I kinda think Shane Hall should be on the list.
Had to be number two right behind Elisha Justice.
Nolietotell Wrote:they've been alot of great players come through the 15th region. Who is your top 15 since the year 2000. Not including current players.. My list looks like this
1)Elisha Justice SV
2)Patrick Tackett SV
3)Shawn Newsome AC
4)Brad Lowe PCC
5)Seth Kiser SV
6)Rusty Tackett SF
7)Michael Hall SF
10)Mason Blair JC
12)Jesse McCarthy JC
13)Brandon May SC
15)JR Tackett SF/FC

It’s Jamie McCarty, not Jesse McCarthy.

Need to change this to “favorite” 15 players.

Loved Patrick’s game at SV. Played extremely hard, High IQ and a winner. But, most definitely not a top 15 player since 2000. Especially not #2.

Probably 6 of the 15 are deserving.
Ok since everyone's bashing whats your alls 15 guys
15rocks Wrote:Missed a lot more than just one. The players you left off could beat the team you put together (save Elisha Justice).
If so what's your top 15
1)Elisha Justice SV
2)Shane Hall JC
3)Robert Dalton Lawrence
4)Timothy Dalton Lawrence
5)Landon Slone Paintsville
6)Wyatt Battaile Pikeville
7)Kyle Gullett JC
8)Justin Johnson SC (be much higher if he played all four instead of two)
9)Seth Kiser SV
10)JR Tackett SF/FC
11)Rusty Tackett SF
12)BJ Moore SC
13)Cody Potter SV
14)Nathan Martin BL
15)Dalton Frasure Prestonsburg

Apologies to some great players -especially 2003-2008 when I didn't get to watch as much as I would have liked- that I know that I'm simply not thinking of. My top 8 I'm pretty set on, but after that it gets to be interchangeable and I know I'll think of a name I should have added later.
15rocks Wrote:1)Elisha Justice SV
2)Shane Hall JC
3)Robert Dalton Lawrence
4)Timothy Dalton Lawrence
5)Landon Slone Paintsville
6)Wyatt Battaile Pikeville
7)Kyle Gullett JC
8)Justin Johnson SC (be much higher if he played all four instead of two)
9)Seth Kiser SV
10)JR Tackett SF/FC
11)Rusty Tackett SF
12)BJ Moore SC
13)Cody Potter SV
14)Nathan Martin BL
15)Dalton Frasure Prestonsburg

Apologies to some great players -especially 2003-2008 when I didn't get to watch as much as I would have liked- that I know that I'm simply not thinking of. My top 8 I'm pretty set on, but after that it gets to be interchangeable and I know I'll think of a name I should have added later.

I completely forgot about the Dalton brothers but as you critized mine there's quite a few on yours that didn't even win region POY and only had 1 or 2 good seasons over people I have on my list that had an entire body of work and won POY. But its your opinion. That was what the thread was for. To see everyone's opinion
2 3 4 and 7 should be a no brainer. I can see 8 as JJ left after his sophomore season.

The fact that these are nowhere on your list leaves the whole list as shaky.

9-15 is debatable as I said. It's close among the whole group of players everyone listed.

Leaving Shane off the list when he was a two time first team All-State player is the biggest head scratcher though. Let me know the next time we have a kid in the 15th Region rise as high as #21 in the ESPN 100 as he did before his junior season.
and who won POY on your list that I dropped? Region POY has been given to Regional Tournament MVP for quite some time now and I don't remember any of the players on your list that I left off as winning it. I don't mean to be sarcastic in asking- I truly just don't remember them as winning it.
No Tommy McKenzie or Mitchell Coleman?
Tommy McKenzie could easily be on my list. I can’t believe I forgot him of all people. I admit that I’m not familiar with Mitchell Coleman.
15rocks Wrote:and who won POY on your list that I dropped? Region POY has been given to Regional Tournament MVP for quite some time now and I don't remember any of the players on your list that I left off as winning it. I don't mean to be sarcastic in asking- I truly just don't remember them as winning it.
No Regional tourney MVP has not won the POY for quite some time regional POY is given to the senior with the best season you have rusty tackett on your list which I do too but shawn newsome was the POY their senior year both had good careers but shawn accumulated more points steals and assists
15rocks Wrote:2 3 4 and 7 should be a no brainer. I can see 8 as JJ left after his sophomore season.

The fact that these are nowhere on your list leaves the whole list as shaky.

9-15 is debatable as I said. It's close among the whole group of players everyone listed.

Leaving Shane off the list when he was a two time first team All-State player is the biggest head scratcher though. Let me know the next time we have a kid in the 15th Region rise as high as #21 in the ESPN 100 as he did before his junior season.

Too be honest with you I completely forgot about shane hall as I did the dalton brothers.
Nolietotell Wrote:No Regional tourney MVP has not won the POY for quite some time regional POY is given to the senior with the best season you have rusty tackett on your list which I do too but shawn newsome was the POY their senior year both had good careers but shawn accumulated more points steals and assists
Okay. Didn't realize Shawn won that and there have been lots of different POY awards over the years. Now, they give it to the one that goes to finalist for Mr. Basketball and one for Regional Tournament MVP. There was a time when local newspapers give it to different players over the years. In any given year, a handful of different players won the award in the same season based upon which organization you followed. Anyway, 20 years and 15 players- some POY had to be left off somewhere.
(07-16-2020, 12:10 AM)Nolietotell Wrote: they've been alot of great players come through the 15th region. Who is your top 15 since the year 2000. Not including current players.. My list looks like this
1)Elisha Justice SV
2)Patrick Tackett SV
3)Shawn Newsome AC
4)Brad Lowe PCC
5)Seth Kiser SV
6)Rusty Tackett SF
7)Michael Hall SF
10)Mason Blair JC
12)Jesse McCarthy JC
13)Brandon May SC
15)JR Tackett SF/FC

(07-16-2020, 12:10 AM)Nolietotell Wrote: they've been alot of great players come through the 15th region. Who is your top 15 since the year 2000. Not including current players.. My list looks like this
1)Elisha Justice SV
2)Patrick Tackett SV
3)Shawn Newsome AC
4)Brad Lowe PCc
5)Seth Kiser SV
6)Rusty Tackett SF
7)Michael Hall SF
10)Mason Blair JC
12)Jesse McCarthy JC
13)Brandon May SC
15)JR Tackett SF/FC

As much as I personally like & respect Patrick Tackett he was not better than Seth. Pat was the heart and soul of these early 2000’s SV teams. He always played harder than anyone on the court, played the game the way it was supposed to be played & was the best teammate he could be. That being said, if we’re going by talent, skill & ability, Seth was better than Pat in every way. I’m not at all trying to take anything away from Patrick!! I’ll take 5 of him every single day & feel good about my chances.

Ranking Brad Lowe higher than Seth is so shocking, unbelievable & in my opinion wrong, that I literally don’t know where to begin.