Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xavier Brown
Upcoming Junior Xavier Brown of LCA received his first division 1 offer today from the University of Maryland. Many more to come for the young man.
Xavier brown is by far the best player in 2A imo. Idk what coach Doug charles feeds them kids!!
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Xavier brown is by far the best player in 2A imo. Idk what coach Doug charles feeds them kids!!
Saw him play against Belfry and he is the real deal. Could see him becoming the next Damien Harris. Doug Charles has got them private school boys playing football!!
Coach charles definitely feeds them a nice can of whoop a** everyday after practice they are some dawgs!!
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Xavier brown is by far the best player in 2A imo. Idk what coach Doug charles feeds them kids!!

Xavier is certainly a special athlete and deserving of all of the offers that come his way. He is going to be tough the next two years - that said Somerset has quite a few kids who would certainly disagree with the “by far the best in 2A” statement.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Xavier is certainly a special athlete and deserving of all of the offers that come his way. He is going to be tough the next two years - that said Somerset has quite a few kids who would certainly disagree with the “by far the best in 2A” statement.
Guess we’ll have to see this year. SayreSpartan has his opinion, you have yours. Don’t know why Somerset always has to come into the conversation when we’re congratulating a young man on a P5 offer.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Guess we’ll have to see this year. SayreSpartan has his opinion, you have yours. Don’t know why Somerset always has to come into the conversation when we’re congratulating a young man on a P5 offer.

Read the first part of my post. Xavier is special. Great player. Saying he’s hands down the best in 2A is a stretch.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Read the first part of my post. Xavier is special. Great player. Saying he’s hands down the best in 2A is a stretch.

Well who in the heck do u think is the best in 2A ya goofball, cause I think it’s clear
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Well who in the heck do u think is the best in 2A ya goofball, cause I think it’s clear

Kaiya Sheron and Kade Grundy are both better.

Xavier is very impactful and will be the best player in 2A as a senior. I also don’t think Maryland is going to be his biggest offer, he is that good.
Knew he was going to be a special player when he was in Junior High. Congratulations!
JumperPride1 Wrote:Kaiya Sheron and Kade Grundy are both better.

Xavier is very impactful and will be the best player in 2A as a senior. I also don’t think Maryland is going to be his biggest offer, he is that good.
Brown is a year younger than both, when it’s all said and done he will be the better player.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Brown is a year younger than both, when it’s all said and done he will be the better player.

It’s certainly possible. If you’re talking about the 2021 season those two are better and it’s not close.

That said when he’s a senior he will be head and shoulders above 2A and most of the state. He is a great ball player.
JumperPride1 Wrote:It’s certainly possible. If you’re talking about the 2021 season those two are better and it’s not close.

That said when he’s a senior he will be head and shoulders above 2A and most of the state. He is a great ball player.

I would argue to say that the gap between Grundy, Sheron and Brown isn’t too big. You could make an argument for Brown being better.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:I would argue to say that the gap between Grundy, Sheron and Brown isn’t too big. You could make an argument for Brown being better.

I think the statistics say otherwise, brown was a 750 yd rusher on 109 carries and 450 ish yds receiving. He’s certainly very very versatile as those stats suggest.

Sheron was a 3300 yd passer and almost a 1k rusher. Different positions but not necessarily apples to oranges in terms of production. The kid does have the ball in his hand every play which does make a difference I’ll concede that but stick with the +1 to Sheron on this one.

Grundy was a 1500 receiver and made a boat load of big plays (including multiple against LCA through both a loss and a win in 2019). Kade did that on 70 ish receptions. Grundy also punts for Somerset - he has division one offers in football, basketball and obviously baseball - I’ll take the big play capability over Brown as a sophomore/junior as a +1 for Grundy as well.

I’d love to continue the debate but I think the picture is pretty clear on my point of view. If you want to back up a rebuttal with stats I’ll listen.

This in no way detracts from how good Brown is, he will Absolutely be the Best as a senior I think but he won’t be in 2021. He’s great, don’t get me wrong.
Was this kid #3 in middle school?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
JumperPride1 Wrote:I think the statistics say otherwise, brown was a 750 yd rusher on 109 carries and 450 ish yds receiving. He’s certainly very very versatile as those stats suggest.

Sheron was a 3300 yd passer and almost a 1k rusher. Different positions but not necessarily apples to oranges in terms of production. The kid does have the ball in his hand every play which does make a difference I’ll concede that but stick with the +1 to Sheron on this one.

Grundy was a 1500 receiver and made a boat load of big plays (including multiple against LCA through both a loss and a win in 2019). Kade did that on 70 ish receptions. Grundy also punts for Somerset - he has division one offers in football, basketball and obviously baseball - I’ll take the big play capability over Brown as a sophomore/junior as a +1 for Grundy as well.

I’d love to continue the debate but I think the picture is pretty clear on my point of view. If you want to back up a rebuttal with stats I’ll listen.

This in no way detracts from how good Brown is, he will Absolutely be the Best as a senior I think but he won’t be in 2021. He’s great, don’t get me wrong.
Brown put up these numbers last year while having one of the best receivers in the state Deairious Smith, so smith was getting the ball more. He also put up these numbers against a far better schedule than Somerset.
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Brown put up these numbers last year while having one of the best receivers in the state Deairious Smith, so smith was getting the ball more. He also put up these numbers against a far better schedule than Somerset.

Somerset had a great running game and a lot of receivers around Grundy as well. What’s your point? That’s why I included touches. The schedules were pretty comparable and Grundy/Sheron out performed him head to head. We should move this debate to private messages. Grats to Xavier, he’s a great player!
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somerset had a great running game and a lot of receivers around Grundy as well. What’s your point? That’s why I included touches. The schedules were pretty comparable and Grundy/Sheron out performed him head to head. We should move this debate to private messages. Grats to Xavier, he’s a great player!
Hopefully we have a season and the plan goes through. Looking forward to some great battles between LCA and Somerset!
PHSFarmersMarket Wrote:Hopefully we have a season and the plan goes through. Looking forward to some great battles between LCA and Somerset!

I can get on board with this. Two great teams, both games last year were outstanding!
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somerset had a great running game and a lot of receivers around Grundy as well. What’s your point? That’s why I included touches. The schedules were pretty comparable and Grundy/Sheron out performed him head to head. We should move this debate to private messages. Grats to Xavier, he’s a great player!

Grundy game 1: 3 catches 89 yards 1 TD. 1 rush 0 yards.
X game 1: 19 carries 130 yards 1 TD. 2 catches 31 yards.

Grundy game 2: 2 rushes 54 yards. 5 catches 83 yards 1 TD.
X game 2: 14 carries 41 yards. 3 catches 24 cards.

Each had 226 yards combined both games, Grundy had one more score. X out performed Grundy game 1, Grundy got him game 2. Difference is X was the second option. Think X has a better season this year and picks up even more offers.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Grundy game 1: 3 catches 89 yards 1 TD. 1 rush 0 yards.
X game 1: 19 carries 130 yards 1 TD. 2 catches 31 yards.

Grundy game 2: 2 rushes 54 yards. 5 catches 83 yards 1 TD.
X game 2: 14 carries 41 yards. 3 catches 24 cards.

Each had 226 yards combined both games, Grundy had one more score. X out performed Grundy game 1, Grundy got him game 2. Difference is X was the second option. Think X has a better season this year and picks up even more offers.

Which still leaves Sheron who did out perform in both games. Say what you will, there’s your clear cut “best player in 2A”.

Xavier is great though no doubt.

JumperPride1 Wrote:Which still leaves Sheron who did out perform in both games. Say what you will, there’s your clear cut “best player in 2A”.

Xavier is great though no doubt.

Then you should say Sheron out performed Xavier, because Grundy and him were about even. And comparing RB/WR to QB is apples to oranges. But that's neither here nor there.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Then you should say Sheron out performed Xavier, because Grundy and him were about even. And comparing RB/WR to QB is apples to oranges. But that's neither here nor there.

I did, maybe you should read the other posts. I actually used the phrase apples to oranges I believe. The statement was made “best player in 2A” which opens up the floor for debate and comparison - open your eyes before you open your mouth.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Then you should say Sheron out performed Xavier, because Grundy and him were about even. And comparing RB/WR to QB is apples to oranges. But that's neither here nor there.

How is comparing RB v. WR stats any different?
RoShamBo Wrote:How is comparing RB v. WR stats any different?

You can compare total yards when both kids are being used in both positions. That's why I didn't say X toasted Grundy he has more rushing yards.

We can compare stats I guess if that's what you're wanting do to determine the best player in 2A. Last year it was Drew Hartz hands down. Most yards, best completion percentage, most touchdowns, all in less games than some others. Kaiya may be the best QB returning in 2A this year since Hartz, Utley, Stinson, and Barnhardt all graduated. All four Averaged more yards and had more touchdowns.
JumperPride1 Wrote:If you want to back up a rebuttal with stats I’ll listen.

JumperPride1 Wrote:Somerset had a great running game and a lot of receivers around Grundy as well. What’s your point? That’s why I included touches. The schedules were pretty comparable and Grundy/Sheron out performed him head to head.

Why I provided you with stats and said Grundy didn't out perform him head to head. You may want to read what you post. "open your eyes before you open your mouth." :eyeroll:
FootballFan1999 Wrote:You can compare total yards when both kids are being used in both positions. That's why I didn't say X toasted Grundy he has more rushing yards.

We can compare stats I guess if that's what you're wanting do to determine the best player in 2A. Last year it was Drew Hartz hands down. Most yards, best completion percentage, most touchdowns, all in less games than some others. Kaiya may be the best QB returning in 2A this year since Hartz, Utley, Stinson, and Barnhardt all graduated. All four Averaged more yards and had more touchdowns.

I guess the one stat that matters is Kaiyas ring size. Have a great day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JumperPride1's post:
  • Deuce8
JumperPride1 Wrote:I guess the one stat that matters is Kaiyas ring size. Have a great day.

Confusednicker: You as well!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Deuce8
(07-28-2020, 05:01 PM)JumperPride1 Wrote:
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Well who in the heck do u think is the best in 2A ya goofball, cause I think it’s clear

This aged well Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes SayreSpartan2006's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(07-28-2020, 05:01 PM)JumperPride1 Wrote:

This didn’t age well for you jumper fans ???
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • Gitback Coach