Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coal Grove, OH @ Lawrence Co.
Lawrence Co celebrates 30 years of football this night. So I hope my Dawgs can come out on top.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Wow, 30 years bad part is I remember the First "Lawrence County High School" game. I am thinking it was against Pikeville. I may be wrong maybe Batpuff can jog my memory. Big Grin
Coal Grove 28
LC 14
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Coal Grove 28
LC 14

I dont know bout that but they will have there hands full.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lawrence-28
GC-20
they will definatley have their hands full..we scrimmaged them last year at tolsia, they had some big boys
I don't know much about either team this season but, I'll go with Coal Grove.

Coal Grove- 28
Lawrence- 20
Coal Grove had 2 kids that signed with Ohio State last year!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Coal Grove had 2 kids that signed with Ohio State last year!

Coal Grove does NOT have any kids on the Ohio State Roster. Check for youself.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/SportSe...PSID=87746
I don't know how much rain Louisa is getting right now, but up here in Columbus it has rained for 2 days straight. If it is like that in Louisa, then things may get interesting. But I think LC will win.

LC 16
CG 14
Should be an interesting game seeing as how the heat has kept the dawgs out of pads most of the week. That being said, I'll still take the dawgs coming out on top. It will be a lot of fun to see some of the players from the 77 team. I'm just ready for some football!!!!
dawgmom Wrote:Should be an interesting game seeing as how the heat has kept the dawgs out of pads most of the week. That being said, I'll still take the dawgs coming out on top. It will be a lot of fun to see some of the players from the 77 team. I'm just ready for some football!!!!

Yea cant wait!! So how are they going to do the 30 years of football, I really havent heard yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Their honoring the first Lawrence County team of 77.Thirty years ago Lawrence had their first team.The are having a place where all the players from that year and cheerleaders can sit together.That is the only ones getting honored that first night.
RedRaiderNation Wrote:Wow, 30 years bad part is I remember the First "Lawrence County High School" game. I am thinking it was against Pikeville. I may be wrong maybe Batpuff can jog my memory. Big Grin
Lawrence Co lost that first game to Pikeville 14-0.Pikeville was ranked second in the state.LC was down 6 to o and fumbled late in the forth quarter and pikeville ran it in for the score.Great game actually.Was played at old Louisa Field.Didnt go to the new field until the middle of the season and had wooden goal posts.After beating fairview 41-0 they tore the goal posts down.That team went 5-6 with other wins over Bath County 14-13 beat Rown county 33-12 West Carter 28-19 and Morgan County 21-6.Lost to #1 Paintsville 22-6
This is my first post but I am a frequent and lon time reader of the forum. I think that LC can win this game but they wil have to go to their running game to get the points on the board. Coty Roberts has been the constant player that the dawgs can depend on. The passing game is simply not there yet.

Sad Don't know if anyone has saw the preview out today's Indepedent but I thought that I would choke on my coffee. I thought that the article was awful. It hardly mentioned anything about the seniors. It was all about the quarterbacks.:confused: Well just remember that that quarterback needs blocking and to win the game the defense has to keep the other team from scoring more points. I think that once again the the coaching staff is not giving credit where the credit should be due and is undermining the seniors as leaders of this team. Not one picture of any of the senior captains. Just one sentence on Coty Roberts, which was a stat leader on both sides of the ball(all area fullback). :eek: That is not fair to that kid nor the other seniors such as Josh Ferguson, Jeff Cyrus, Acie Waller (all three of these seniors were all-area honarable mention). Actions like this before the season makes me wonder if the team will maintain the "for the team" mentality. This is just my opinion, but I don't feel like I will be alone.
DevilDawg Wrote:This is my first post but I am a frequent and lon time reader of the forum. I think that LC can win this game but they wil have to go to their running game to get the points on the board. Coty Roberts has been the constant player that the dawgs can depend on. The passing game is simply not there yet.

Sad Don't know if anyone has saw the preview out today's Indepedent but I thought that I would choke on my coffee. I thought that the article was awful. It hardly mentioned anything about the seniors. It was all about the quarterbacks.:confused: Well just remember that that quarterback needs blocking and to win the game the defense has to keep the other team from scoring more points. I think that once again the the coaching staff is not giving credit where the credit should be due and is undermining the seniors as leaders of this team. Not one picture of any of the senior captains. Just one sentence on Coty Roberts, which was a stat leader on both sides of the ball(all area fullback). :eek: That is not fair to that kid nor the other seniors such as Josh Ferguson, Jeff Cyrus, Acie Waller (all three of these seniors were all-area honarable mention). Actions like this before the season makes me wonder if the team will maintain the "for the team" mentality. This is just my opinion, but I don't feel like I will be alone.

Well its not up to the coaches what is put in the papers. If the kids would worry more about what goes on on the field and worry about being a team rather then out for just them. Need to go back and look at the 30 years of football and see that it was never just about one or two players they won as a team and lost as a team.:mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well its not up to the coaches what is put in the papers. If the kids would worry more about what goes on on the field and worry about being a team rather then out for just them. Need to go back and look at the 30 years of football and see that it was never just about one or two players they won as a team and lost as a team.:mad:
Couldn't have said it better Bat . I have a son that's a senior which wasn't even mention and thats OK because he's there for the team and the team is there for him. Football is a team sport and these kids need to play as a team not as senior's or QB's. They have to play as one in order to win games . I think the seniors need to go out and be leaders to the younger kids . IMO that's something that LC has lacked in the last couple of years. When you see the kids step up then I think you will hear about them . But then again who cares what the Ashland paper has to say about us they hardly ever give us a decent write up any ways.
Dawg Family Wrote:Couldn't have said it better Bat . I have a son thats a senior which wasn't even mention and thats ok because he's thier for the team and the team is their for him. Football is a team sport and these kids need to play as a team not as senior's or QB's they have to play as one in order to win game's . I think the seniors need to go out and be leaders to the younger kids . IMO thats something that LC has lacked in the last couple of years .And when you see the kid's step up then I think you will here about them . But then agian who care's what the Ashland paper has to say about us they hardly ever give us a decent wright up any ways.

Me I am all for the SR's getting the thing its only fair, but for the program to get back on there feet they need to play the best 11 kids they can put on the field know matter if its freshman or Seniors. This group of kids can win and win now. They have to have it in their minds that they can and will win. The SR's need to be leaders on and off the field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batpuff Wrote:Well its not up to the coaches what is put in the papers. If the kids would worry more about what goes on on the field and worry about being a team rather then out for just them. Need to go back and look at the 30 years of football and see that it was never just about one or two players they won as a team and lost as a team.:mad:

That is my point, it is not only about 1 or 2 players. Those seniors do worry about what goes on on the field. Just because I think that they were not given enough credit and obviously some were downright not given the respect that they deserve. IMO, one can question what the heck were they thhinking and still be a team player. These young men are about the team. They have made sacrifices for the past 3 years at the varsity level, but I also believe in giving credit where credit is due. Can you honestly say that Cody Roberts was given his due in that write up? :confused: That kid is not about himself. He is a three year starter, played hurt last year, and just wants to play football. This is not a personal stab at these kids. Don't kid yourself that the coaches did not influence that write up.Rolleyes The seniors are expected to lead the team but the head coach does not even acknowlege them as such. IMO, the seniors need to take that preview and burn it. Actions are going to speak louder than words this season.
Batbuff did you play on the 77 team?
Ashland daily seems to pick one or two players out and thats it.They dont seem to care about a team concept.I would like to see a lineman get player of the year in Ky.I would like to see a lineman win the Heisman.Awards are won by individuals and championships are won by teams.Lawrence County backs have always got alot more press than the lineman.Without the line they would get nothing.Its unfair but that is how it is.
Is there a senior on this team that is just playing for himself? I don't think so. I didn't get to see too many games last year but the ones that I did see I sure heard the names Walker, Cyrus, and Roberts an awful lot. Some of the seniors had the option of going to a different school when the chips were down for this team. They didn't-- they stuck around as loyal Bulldog. I even heard that the coach said that he was leaving if he didn't have a winning season------- how is THAT for loyalty?
Starting to sound like alot of folks whining on here already-
we have great upperclassmen at LC-maybe they just are feeling the pressure from the younger players?? Rather than lie down over an article in a newspaper, we can only hope these seniors will step up and prove themselves as "leaders"??
You know now is the time for those seniors to back there words and bust there asses on the field, if your not getting the ball then go knock someones head off to spring the kid that is getting the ball. Set an example to the rest of the team the coaches the media and the fans that fill the stands to come watch Lawrence Co football no just the seniors. Now is the time to put up or shut up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All I'm saying is that if we all lived our lives by whats in the press, we'd sure all be in a world of hurt!!! I have to hope that the guys at LC are smarter than to let some newspaper dictate what kind of players they are. Every athlete has to choice to be an average player and just do what they have to or be a standout player who gives his all and cannot wait for the next game.
That player, whether he be 14 or 19, respects every single teammate he has-both on and off the field. They could care less about a newspaper article-
I don't think coach ever said he was leaving if we couldn't win-what he said was that if he couldn't turn LC back into a winning program, that maybe there was a better man for the job than him.
ok its my fault for not getting this back on topic before now so lets get it back on this weeks game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just want to see LC play as hard as they can play and the place packed and if that happens then they are winners.I sound like gene hackman in Hoosiers.
All but one person picked LC over Coal Grove.Sleep will not come easy tonight.Go Dawgs!!!
Getting back to the original subject of this form LC & CG . I think if LC can some how keep Coal Grove offence off the field for the biggest part of the night then they have a real chance to win this one. But as we all know they have a very big Full back and a pretty fast tailback and they run behind a very big line. So that in it's self will be a VERY big challenge. If LC line can give Boone a little time in the pocket then he will find the open men . Last year Coal Grove was on him as soon as he got to touch the ball . Our running game was doing pretty good against them until Coty went down with his shoulder injury then things went down hill from there. But I think this group of Dawgs have a hole different attitude then last years group did now they have to go out and prove it . One thing I hope they have that the last years group had is the never quit attitude because I don't remember a game were our kids just gave up no matter what the score was they kept on hitting and playing hard until the last whittle blew. Good luck Dawgs now go out and get you one .