Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trey James Commits To Iona
The chance to play for six figures, and see the world is a rare, I think of Justin Johnson when I look at someone who has maximized his opportunity - the dude has played in Europe for last few years, made a lot of money and seen the world !
I’ve watched him workout a few times. He’s very determined , so if he keeps fighting , he will do great things.
I like the subtle dig by Wink Winkler about Justin Johnson having a "decent college career". The kid scored over 1,700 points and had over 1,000 rebounds at Western. That's pretty good career if you ask me.

As for Trey James he has plenty of time to improve his skill set. He already has the needed size that you can't teach. The coaching he will receive under Pitino will be night and day to what he is getting at Martin County (no disrespect but Pitino is a fantastic coach). If he puts in the work he could absolutely have a G-league career or play in Europe/Australia. If he doesn't put the work in and is content with having a scholarship plus getting an education then he won't even get to play at Iona.

Bottom line is that Trey is getting an opportunity to play at a level under a high caliber coach that not many EKY have ever had the opportunity to do.
Not a subtle dig. The numbers you listed for JJ are just what I said “decent” especially for a four year college career. As for the Iona situation, There is no way Pitino spends four years at Iona. So that will be that and we will see who is right in a couple of years. I see BSCTC in the future.
(08-03-2020, 07:28 AM)BillSelf Wrote: We may as well change the name of the site.

“Rivals” is too strong of a word.

If you post an opinion (which is what forums are for), you’re automatically dogging a kid, coach or team.

Good lord, quit being so dagone soft.
Unfortunately that’s just how most people in the world are today. If your opinion doesn’t match theirs, then it upsets them and they’ll lash out. Never understood this way of thinking. Do I think the young man will play much at Iona? Sure, as long as he works harder than ever before and sticks it out, I believe he could start seeing valuable minutes maybe by his Junior year. Do I see an overseas career? Probably not but who knows? Depends how bad he wants it. Again, just my opinion. Hopefully that doesn’t to many tore up but if it does it does.
(09-18-2020, 11:36 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Not a subtle dig. The numbers you listed for JJ are just what I said “decent” especially for a four year college career. As for  the Iona situation, There is no way Pitino spends four years at Iona. So that will be that and we will see who is right in a couple of years.  I see BSCTC in the future.
1,700+ points and 1,000+ rebounds in a college career is more than “decent.” It is very rare to accomplish this in college. In fact, using UK as an example, only four players in the history of the school have gotten over 1,000 rebounds (none since 1970). It becomes even more of a rare accomplishment, when it is a player from Eastern Kentucky doing it on the Division I level.
Watched Iona last night. Looked like a high school junior varsity team. They could not beat a single college team in the state of Kentucky. not even Alice Lloyd.
Led Seton Hall at the half. Not sure what you were watching.
(12-01-2020, 04:09 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Watched Iona last night. Looked like a high school junior varsity team. They could not beat a single college team in the state of Kentucky. not even Alice Lloyd.

You got a bone with Trey? Dudes still in high school and you are talking about his future college team. Kentucky lost to Richmond Sunday, does that mean Kentucky isn't a good pick for recruits that are still in high school?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Tiddlywinks take easy on Trey and Justin. Everyone on here knows you hate Martin County. They apparently pissed in your cheerios over there. But downplaying a kids accomplishments they had and opportunities they have is uncalled for. Our area has very few Division 1 athletes in any sport, even less who actually spend four years playing at Division 1 school. Personally I like to see any Mountain Athlete at the next level, no matter what level. The number of athletes that go on to next level overall is still very low, and those that compete at those levels for all four years is very low. But we have thousands superstar athletes (in their head) who are now critics and jealous of any kids success and opportunities. Justin, like JR, should know that most of us are proud of them and their accomplishments and hope kids like Trey can find the same or greater success.
(12-01-2020, 08:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 04:09 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Watched Iona last night. Looked like a high school junior varsity team. They could not beat a single college team in the state of Kentucky. not even Alice Lloyd.

You got a bone with Trey? Dudes still in high school and you are talking about his future college team.  Kentucky lost to Richmond Sunday, does that mean Kentucky isn't a good pick for recruits that are still in high school?

He has a bone with the James family and Martin County, at this point it's just comical that he just shows his ass on here.
Wow, your a dang moron.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodrow F. Call's post:
  • Cardinalfootballguy