Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. Gets a Debt Warning From Fitch as Stimulus Battle Rages
Cardfan1 Wrote:Oh Reagan...another slash and spend Republican. He left his recession for H.W. to sort out and costing that dude his second term.
Bush's decision to renege on his "read my lips, no new taxes" is what cost him a second term.
mr.fundamental Wrote:What was that rate slashed to?
You made the assertion that life was better when taxes were higher. How high should the wealthiest Americans pay? Was 70 percent enough? I assume that you have those rates handy since you are essentially claiming that the U.S. was more prosperous because of its high tax rates.
mr.fundamental Wrote:Turn around from whom? I can pinpoint some things that very interesting for anyone under 100k that started since Reagan. Now I would agree with you anyone on the top 5% life has been good.
Had you read my very short post, then you would not have needed to ask this question. Try reading it again, please.
mr.fundamental Wrote:The argument about wages:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickal...1bb9e76b78
The article to which you linked contains huge factual errors. Germany does not and never has produced as many passenger vehicles as the United States. The claim that Germany produced twice as many vehicles in 2010 as the United States is hogwash. Germany produced fewer vehicles in 2019 than it did in 2010. Why did you choose to cite such an old article to support your position that high taxes translate to a stronger economy?

Do you think that our economy would be more competitive with Germany if we doubled the wages of our auto workers? If doubling that cost is good, would tripling them be even better for our economy?
mr.fundamental Wrote:I would agree on the poor quality as companies what more for their money and less on the consumer.
I can tell you know nothing about quality management and its role in reducing production costs and increasing worker satisfaction. Nobody is happy rolling junk off of an assembly line and nobody is happy buying junk.

BTW, I actually attended a four day seminar taught by Dr. Deming when he was in his late 80s. I have also had other advanced training in statistical process control methods, which is now often referred to as Six-Sigma. Producing a better quality product often lowers production costs dramatically by reducing waste and rework.
mr.fundamental Wrote:https://www.reportlinker.com/automotive/...tions.html

regulations seem that everyone is trying to play by the same rules
Gibberish. Did you intend to make a point with this post? Manufacturers are not subject to global regulations, nor should they be. California is a perfect example of a government driving companies to relocate through over regulation, the latest notable example is Tesla.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Might want to read a few liberal sites and get out of the vacuum. Just because Trump says it, doesn't mean it's true. Most likely it isn't.

Trump added $5.2 trillion in one term.

And Dems fought tooth and nail to make it much higher. Like they are doing with the new stimulus as we speak. Also Obama didn't have the whole country shut down due to a worldwide pandemic...DUH:eyeroll:
jetpilot Wrote:And Dems fought tooth and nail to make it much higher. Like they are doing with the new stimulus as we speak. Also Obama didn't have the whole country shut down due to a worldwide pandemic...DUH:eyeroll:

Trump slashed spending on democrat platforms, but not his own and then he cut taxes which is why the deficit and debt kept growing while the economy was strong prior to the pandemic that he has fumbled.

Now DJT is in a rock and a hard place. Conservatives don't want to dole out more money, but America is hurting bad and $1200 over 6 months ain't going to cut it.

I will say this, Jet. I do agree on the garden and the house advice.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bush's decision to renege on his "read my lips, no new taxes" is what cost him a second term.

Do you think he wanted to raise taxes? By the time his administration cleaned up the Savings and Loan bailout that Reagan had kicked down the road and sorted out a huge federal deficit handed down by Reagan he was up a creek. Also fought a war...

That event may have been the most damaging to American politics, because no Republican will ever raise taxes even if Dems are ready to compromise and cut.
i find it funny well hypocritical that after almost 4 years and nothing but silence from Hooter TRT and Jet just maybe Joe is going to win

P S Jet need to get back on your meds

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/pic...tureid=812]
vector Wrote:i find it funny well hypocritical that after almost 4 years and nothing but silence from Hooter TRT and Jet just maybe Joe is going to win

P S Jet need to get back on your meds

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/pic...tureid=812]

Yep, Trump headed on a spending spree, so he can win in November. National Parks today, Healthcare next week, infrastructure the next. Somewhere in between a Covid check.
Conservatives are now crying.