Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland
With their new players that just came in during the off-season are they the clear cut favorite to win it all?

Is there a team out there that could beat them?
Lots of teams that can beat them but if they get too play they should be a lot of fun to watch and one of the favorites too win it all.
From the social media posts about Ashland, it looks like several of their players have had big summers, Colin Porter leading the pack, with the addition of some size through the transfer portal, I can't think that anyone in the 16th region will give them trouble and they have legit chance to win the whole thing, prob best team out of mountains since the Shelby Valley squad that won it all
(08-14-2020, 11:00 AM)Hoop Wrote: From the social media posts about Ashland, it looks like several of their players have had big summers, Colin Porter leading the pack, with the addition of some size through the transfer portal, I can't think that anyone in the 16th region will give them trouble and they have legit chance to win the whole thing, prob best team out of mountains since the Shelby Valley squad that won it all
I agree.  Porter, Villers, Carter and Marcum have had some big games. (Based off of the social media posts that I have seen)  I hope these young Tomcats get to play.  This team will be fun to watch.  It may be another season for the record books.
Ashland also has Sellars, a two year starting junior guard.
(08-16-2020, 01:03 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: Ashland also has Sellars, a two year starting junior guard.
Yes. He is a very good player.  I look for him to have a great year as well.  Very athletic.
Saw on Twitter that Ashland had put together a celebration of their season recently, looked like a cook-out/pot-luck type event of the families. Thought that was really cool to do, kudos to Ashland staff/administrators etc, for recognizing an undefeated season for those kids !