Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodyear tire boycott
What are thoughts of BGR on this insinuation by the President?
What insinuation?
I am looking for the tweet from the President: Here is an article in the meantime

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/trum...y-training

The article has the tweet in it. I personally do not think it is wise to say boycott to a company that employees 60,000 and from a pure political thought is in a swing state that the President will have to win to have a shot.
Any company that condones the activities of a racist organization like Black Lives Matter while viewing open support of our police forces deserves to be boycotted. The companies should be free to set their own policies, even if those policies pander to extortionists like BLM but they need to be prepared for the reaction of the free market. Goodyear has made the calculation that its profits will be maximized by supporting a racist organization over law enforcement organizations. I wish Trump would stop supporting Twitter and find a pro-American forum to voice his opinions but I will not be buying any Goodyear tires until they reverse their racist policies.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • whatasave
I'm tired of this cancel culture, because a snowflake's feelings were hurt.

LOL!!!

Right-winger fake news is working overtime to create outrage to distract from Trump's lies. This is a officially a mountain out of a molehill. None of us can wear our political attire in the workplace. Racist panties are in wad because racial justice is being supported.

Extremely concerning that Trump is trying to tank an American company that has been loyal to the Akron, Ohio community. They didn't even slight him. Trump continues to prove his disdain for American workers. Totally UnAmerican.
I find this is interesting occurring in Ohio which is considered to be a swing state. Does this give the opportunity for Biden to take it? Thoughts?
(08-20-2020, 04:43 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: I find this is interesting occurring in Ohio which is considered to be a swing state. Does this give the opportunity for Biden to take it? Thoughts?

Goodyear stock dropped 6% this morning. It may have rebounded.

Goodyear employs 64,000 Americans. He only won Penn. by 67k.  Not sure if that can swing Ohio, but definitely a stupid practice.
(08-20-2020, 06:00 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 04:43 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: I find this is interesting occurring in Ohio which is considered to be a swing state. Does this give the opportunity for Biden to take it? Thoughts?

Goodyear employs 64,000 Americans. He only won Penn. by 67k.  Not sure if that can swing Ohio, but definitely a stupid practice.
Goodyear is a global company with operations in over 20 countries. They do not employee 64,000 Americans. Are you lying again or simply too lazy to check your facts before posting? FYI, Goodyear employees about 7,000 Americans. It is never a stupid practice to oppose racism. Black Lives Matter is a racist organization, no matter how many times the left wing media describes it as a social justice organization. If a company wants to ban expressions of political opinion in the workplace, then there should be no exceptions made.

Trump will undoubtedly lose some votes by opposing Goodyear's support of the BLM racists but he will also gain votes. The toll of deaths and casualties from the "mostly peaceful" BLM protests grows every few days. Many Americans are fed up with the media's charade of pretending BLM stands for any kind of justice.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Iam4thecats, whatasave
(08-20-2020, 07:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Goodyear is a global company with operations in over 20 countries. They do not employee 64,000 Americans. Are you lying again or simply too lazy to check your facts before posting? FYI, Goodyear employees about 7,000 Americans. It is never a stupid practice to oppose racism. Black Lives Matter is a racist organization, no matter how many times the left wing media describes it as a social justice organization. If a company wants to ban expressions of political opinion in the workplace, then there should be no exceptions made.

Trump will undoubtedly lose some votes by opposing Goodyear's support of the BLM racists but he will also gain votes. The toll of deaths and casualties from the "mostly peaceful" BLM protests grows every few days. Many Americans are fed up with the media's charade of pretending BLM stands for any kind of justice.

You got me.  Guilty of reading the byline and not checking.  

It doesn’t matter how many times you say it BLM isn’t racist. Not really an organization; it’s a movement. 

How many deaths and casualties? How many were from right-wing and left-wing agitators? How many were gang related?  

How does Trump gain votes trying to close an American company? 
Damn, who’s next?  How would you like it if it were your company that tried to maintain basic workplace standards, and Trump tried to step in and shut it down?  

FWIW wear your Goodyear shirts to work please. You can change on the way out.
(08-20-2020, 07:59 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 07:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You got me.  Guilty of reading the byline and not checking.  

It doesn’t matter how many times you say it BLM isn’t racist. Not really an organization; it’s a movement. 

How many deaths and casualties? How many were from right-wing and left-wing agitators? How many were gang related?  

How does Trump gain votes trying to close an American company? 
Damn, who’s next?  How would you like it if it were your company that tried to maintain basic workplace standards, and Trump tried to step in and shut it down?  

FWIW wear your Goodyear shirts to work please. You can change on the way out.
Hey Chicken Little, Trump will not shutdown Goodyear. He is advocating a boycott to apply pressure to bring about a policy change at the company. What ever you want to call BLM, supporting it is a political position. If Goodyear's shareholders are content having its management support BLM, then that is there business. The decision whether to do business with a company that supports racism is their customers' business. 

I consciously avoid supporting businesses that support BLM and that includes professional sports teams and athletes. I have a finite amount of disposable income, as do most Americans. Spending money with companies who do not pander to racists is a painless way for me to promote my personal political opinions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • whatasave
Goodyear tires are absolute garbage to start with, why would you buy them in the first place..
(08-21-2020, 01:06 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Goodyear tires are absolute garbage to start with, why would you buy them in the first place..

They are the tires on the limo that transports the president. So there’s that......
Alienate half your work force and half your customers base seems like a fantastic business strategy.  It’s probably closer to 75 percent of customers. We all know very few of these college aged liberals that screech about everything are not buying their own tires anyway. Makes we want to puke watching all these companies virtual signal to people who don’t largely buy their products. Wonder if they will feel the same when a group of” peaceful protesters” steal all their tires and then burns one of their factories to the ground?

""Under “Acceptable” were Black Lives Matter (BLM) and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride (LGBT).|

"Under “Unacceptable” were Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, MAGA and politically affiliated slogans or material."

Imagine what would happen to any company that took the opposite stance and excluded BLM or LGBT. Imagine the outrage if white people started a WLM movement over the 5 year old getting shot in his yard by a black man.  They all damn hypocrites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes whatasave's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Hoot, do you think it gain him votes in Ohio? I am curious, I do not think that it will there. I say that for two reasons
1. All politics are local
2. People have already made up their minds one way or another. For an example, I think if we did a poll on BGR there would be no undecided at this point and honestly probably since March. People are 5 ways. Pro Trump, Not Pro Trump but not Biden, therefore will vote Trump. Not Trump or Biden (theses are the people that will not sell out their principles no matter what, thinking libertarian groups and Bernie Bros), Not Trump so Biden, Pro Biden.

At the end of the day, it does not matter for the state of Kentucky. The eight electoral votes will go to Trump. In Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, and apparently Texas (how that is beyond me, I think Texas goes Red for two more election cycles) are all in play. That idea might him in Ohio but might help him gain in Texas. Just spit balling.
(08-24-2020, 12:36 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Hoot, do you think it gain him votes in Ohio? I am curious, I do not think that it will there. I say that for two reasons
2. People have already made up their minds one way or another. For an example, I think if we did a poll on BGR there would be no undecided at this point and honestly probably since March. People are 5 ways. Pro Trump, Not Pro Trump but not Biden, therefore will vote Trump. Not Trump or Biden (theses are the people that will not sell out their principles no matter what, thinking libertarian groups and Bernie Bros), Not Trump so Biden, Pro Biden.

At the end of the day, it does not matter for the state of Kentucky. The eight electoral votes will go to Trump. In Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, and apparently Texas (how that is beyond me, I think Texas goes Red for two more election cycles) are all in play. That idea might him in Ohio but might help him gain in Texas. Just spit balling.It 
It is as likely to gain Trump net votes as lose them. Support from the racist Black Live Matters movement is nowhere near as strong as Democrats believe. With last night's police shooting of another black felon resisting arrest last night and the subsequent torching of a courthouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin, support for BLM will continue to erode among those who want safe, secure neighborhoods in this country.
(08-24-2020, 08:30 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 12:36 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: Hoot, do you think it gain him votes in Ohio? I am curious, I do not think that it will there. I say that for two reasons

At the end of the day, it does not matter for the state of Kentucky. The eight electoral votes will go to Trump. In Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, and apparently Texas (how that is beyond me, I think Texas goes Red for two more election cycles) are all in play. That idea might him in Ohio but might help him gain in Texas. Just spit balling.It 
It is as likely to gain Trump net votes as lose them. Support from the racist Black Live Matters movement is nowhere near as strong as Democrats believe. With last night's police shooting of another black felon resisting arrest last night and the subsequent torching of a courthouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin, support for BLM will continue to erode among those who want safe, secure neighborhoods in this country.

Good Lord.  You have know idea what you are talking about 99.9% of the time. 

It’s a shame.
(08-24-2020, 09:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

It’s a shame.
You tend to forget how often you have been caught lying and posting wildly inaccurate information in this forum. As a matter of a fact, I corrected you in this very thread when you overstated the number of American Goodyear employees by about 900 percent. I think that if we posted a poll on who makes the most factual posts in this forum, you and vector would be battling it out for last place - although I would give him a slight edge.  Big Grin
(08-24-2020, 10:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 09:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

It’s a shame.
You tend to forget how often you have been caught lying and posting wildly inaccurate information in this forum. As a matter of a fact, I corrected you in this very thread when you overstated the number of American Goodyear employees by about 900 percent. I think that if we posted a poll on who makes the most factual posts in this forum, you and vector would be battling it out for last place - although I would give him a slight edge.  Big Grin
I admit my wrong.
Inaccuracies. I’ve called you out; those great quotes you drop in.    

Yours are constant. 

Basement life must be great. 

On topic... You’re president is trying to skewer the election.  

You libertarians support that ?  
Rand Paul does.  That piece of crap wants to put KY to two days of delivery a week.