Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Define Irony 6.0
The Democrats, lacking substance these days have been forced to run only on conspiracies, race, climate change, and defamation. A couple of cases in point. Lockstep Dems are determined to hang the responsibility for COVID -19 on DJT;  Therefore Democrat Governors who very recently praised the President for bailing them out for their failures to properly prepare and administrate prevention and care in the case of pandemic threat. (As was the case during the H1N1 Flue epidemic in which the necessary medical supplies, were stockpiled by those same Governor's more worthy predecessors.)  But those Democrat governors did however, every one of them, manage to bring the economies of their respective states to a complete halt. Resulting in the federally funded furloughs, put in place by the Trump Administration to avoid the overwhelming of hospitals by COVID 19 patient in such a way as to ease individual financial strain, to be extended inexplicably and indefinitely. Recognizing opportunity ala Hillary's flip flop on the Iraq War Resolution, the Dems now insist that everything stay closed, until you tell me when, resulting in the permanent closure, or the crippling, of all manner of business, and what would seem to be the end of public education as we know it. This has had the effect of undoing the good intentions of the present Administration and has brought financial strain on the individual anyway, as furloughs have turned into permanent job losses.

THE IRONY---
Nonetheless, one of the planks on Joe's platform is --- blaming DJT for the pandemic even though the afore menitioned medical supplies were used and not replaced during the Obama administration. And Dem Governors are acting a lot more like authoritarians than servants of the people.

-----------------------

But in using the shutdowns as a springboard to further politicize not only a virus, but now to blame DJT for their own economic shutdown, the Dems have insisted that everything stay closed untill you tell me when, resulting in the permanent closure, or the crippling, of all manner of business. And now we see another Build Back Better platform plank revealed --

"Joe Biden's new climate plan commits the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee to a bevy of deadlines and targets — but the metric his campaign is emphasizing most is jobs.The former vice president outlined a framework this week for reaching net-zero electricity emissions by 2035 and spending $2 trillion on decarbonization in his first term. But the public rollout of the plan has made little mention of those ambitious goals.
Instead, the campaign yesterday dispatched former Secretary of State John Kerry to trumpet the "millions" — or even "countless" — jobs that could spring from Biden's "Build Back Better" plan,"
https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063576531

Dems are going to ram the Green New Deal down our throats, one way or another.

THE IRONY---
Dems, who've rode herd and overseen the prolonged for-political-gain shut down of the economy, now come back blaming, you guessed it, DJT for their own actions (again). I mean, I know Joe has some difficulty with remembering yesterday, but for the rest of us that's not a problem. But Joe comes out anyway after the world just witnessed likely the greatest economic surge in history here in America, claiming he can do better even though freshly emergent from his own 8 year stint of sitting on a stagnant economy where jobs were VERY scarce. And wage increases were nonexistent. An economy of which bringing back new manufacturing jobs would supposedly take a "magic wand," And where terrorism on US streets and a surging ISIS was the new normal. Not to mention that the US Armed Services were a dwindling group of under-trained and ill equipped soldiers, riding the coat tails of the successes of the past.

Additionally, stonewalling Dems are further hurting Americans who only just this past March had meaningful employment, by refusing to participate in another much needed congressional aid package. I mean, they can't give the people any ease when they've worked so hard to hurt them and blame it all on DJT now, can they?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^^ "The former vice president [Joe Biden] outlined a framework this week, for reaching net-zero electricity emissions by 2035."

Meanwhile for the good folks out in California, the epicenter and social laboratory of all things liberal, we see rolling brownouts, blackouts,  and electrical grid breakdowns of all manner. The reason for these electrical grid failings and shortfalls of course, is owing to the implementation of climate change technologies and the premature elimination of the tried and true dependability of existing technologies for the production of industrial electrical power, such as coal fired energy generating stations. Thus Californian's burdensome energy needs have been piled up on an already depleted and stretched energy grid that can barely sustain the load on good days. Any daily deviation which requires more than the 'average yearly demand' cannot be met because the grid is already stretched to peak production in the interests of a reaching a whimsical net-zero carbon footprint. The result? Endless outages.

THE IRONY---
When the temperatures in moderate California fluctuate as temperatures have been wont to do since the great flood, California has a problem. Last Friday it was 106 degrees in San Diego. The average temp in San Diego is only 77. Regardless of what the scientists tell us, NOBODY knows what the future holds, and that includes the weatherman (underground or not), whose forecasts are still quite frankly often wrong, regardless of which way the wind is blowing.

--------------------

Therefore the premature retirement of electrical generating stations prior to the development of the technologies required to produce renewable energy, and the fact that  'at present' those as yet non-specific energy concerns haven't even been conceptualized, much less built as so many have warned; and the result of the elimination of that sizeable portion of California's power generation without anything real to replace that power with, has caused this inescapable power shortage. Well DUH!! And the problem is not just limited to California either. It's true in some varying degree across the land. But this is the idiocy of just saying something, or just writing a regulation and thinking it somehow just becomes real.

Any real military foe of the US has plans to exploit this weakness FWIW. But I can just see all the Green New Deal solar powered and produced US military equipment out on the field of battle, can't you?

IF Dems get control this fall you can look forward to having your life limited to an endless voyage on the Dem's ship of state, 'The USS Liberal Flying Dutchman,' Which owing to it's designers is rudderless because that would be 'navigational profiling,' and thus would never make port again. John Lennon wrote the song entitled "Yellow Submarine", and as anyone reading my posts knows, I find Lennon's ideas of utopia strangely prophetic. There is at least as much reality in the following lyrics as there is in the basis for this year's Democrat platform.

"As we live a life of ease

Everyone of us has all we need (has all we need)

Sky of blue (sky of blue) and sea of green (and sea of green)

In our yellow submarine (in our yellow, submarine, ha ha)"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
man this thread did not age well...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...d=msedgntp
(09-09-2020, 07:41 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: man this thread did not age well...

This thread stands on it's own, and I mean what is there really, to reply to?

The rolling brownouts and blackouts in California which reveal the fragility of the Californian power grid, are proof positive where liberal energy policies will lead us all should we follow suit. And as seen in California, it won't take very long for the grief to materialize. It will be overnight in rel terms. Argue that point tvtime. The overarching point is as follows; God has provided man with all he needs to forge a glorious existance here on earth. All man must do to achieve this is to use his imagination and then go out and dig up the materials out of the ground needed to make it all happen. God is the provider, we live out His plan for our progress that He has foreseen and provided for. But no, men have become vain in their imaginations as mentioned in Romans chapter one, and have elevated themselves instead of the Creator. So now in their foolish minds, men consider themselves in control of their own fates, and have turned their backs on the Lord AND His provision. Hence the beginnings of the shortages and woes to come. Not the least of which will be famine.

But if you want to make it personal I got one for ya. You were on here talking about being a Deacon in your Church not all that long ago. Right? Your party of choice has a couple of platform planks in particular that should be troubling to a committed Christian such as yourself. God for example has condemned without question the practice of a homosexual lifestyle, calling it an abomination for which He will turn those who do so over to a reprobate mind. Then there is the free and unfettered abortion plank. So far tens of millions of the innocent unborn have been cut to pieces in their mother's womb and discarded like so much garbage. That is all but what body parts are profitable for sale. Got any problem with that mrtvtime? I can assure you God certainly does.

Those two government sanctioned affronts to God alone have condemned this nation to the unthinkable judgment shortly to come. And frankly, I believe that judgment is already playing out in the streets at night across this land. We ARE guilty as charged. And you have unashamedly called for the continuance and increase of same. The preview you've had of your side's mindless destruction and violence out in the streets, only in a much more violent and all encompassing plague, will be coming to an Avenue or an alley near you before it's all said and done. But by all means, do continue to campaign for and vote for those whose actions define them as the enemies of God.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-12-2020, 11:39 AM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 07:41 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: man this thread did not age well...

This thread stands on it's own, and I mean what is there really, to reply to?

The rolling brownouts and blackouts in California which reveal the fragility of the Californian power grid, are proof positive where liberal energy policies will lead us all should we follow suit. And as seen in California, it won't take very long for the grief to materialize. It will be overnight in rel terms. Argue that point tvtime. The overarching point is as follows; God has provided man with all he needs to forge a glorious existance here on earth. All man must do to achieve this is to use his imagination and then go out and dig up the materials out of the ground needed to make it all happen. God is the provider, we live out His plan for our progress that He has foreseen and provided for. But no, men have become vain in their imaginations as mentioned in Romans chapter one, and have elevated themselves instead of the Creator. So now in their foolish minds, men consider themselves in control of their own fates, and have turned their backs on the Lord AND His provision. Hence the beginnings of the shortages and woes to come. Not the least of which will be famine.

But if you want to make it personal I got one for ya. You were on here talking about being a Deacon in your Church not all that long ago. Right? Your party of choice has a couple of platform planks in particular that should be troubling to a committed Christian such as yourself. God for example has condemned without question the practice of a homosexual lifestyle, calling it an abomination for which He will turn those who do so over to a reprobate mind. Then there is the free and unfettered abortion plank. So far tens of millions of the innocent unborn have been cut to pieces in their mother's womb and discarded like so much garbage. That is all but what body parts are profitable for sale. Got any problem with that mrtvtime? I can assure you God certainly does.

Those two government sanctioned affronts to God alone have condemned this nation to the unthinkable judgment shortly to come. And frankly, I believe that judgment is already playing out in the streets at night across this land. We ARE guilty as charged. And you have unashamedly called for the continuance and increase of same. The preview you've had of your side's mindless destruction and violence out in the streets, only in a much more violent and all encompassing plague, will be coming to an Avenue or an alley near you before it's all said and done. But by all means, do continue to campaign for and vote for those whose actions define them as the enemies of God.
Yes I am a deacon. I live in the United States and not a theocracy. I know that is hard to imagine for someone like yourself. How is Jerry Farwell Jr. doing?