Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville Male @ Louisville Central(Location)
I would like to go watch a game this weekend down here in Louisville and am trying to figure out where exactly their stadium is. Is it on their campus or is it somewhere else like Manual's stadium? Thanks for the input.
Well first of all, this week Central hosts Manual, not Male. They do play @ Male next week. I will tell you were both are just to be safe.

To get to Louisville Central's field you need to take the Broadway exit off I-65 just south of downtown. Head West on Broadway, you know you will eb heading West because the intersecting street numbers will increase (as will the num ber of Liquor stores and gun shops if that tells you what part of town you are going to)

Central's stadium is NOT at the high school which is located at the intersection of Chestnut and 11th Street!
I have forgotten exactly what cross street you will want to take, but you do need to continue further West on Broadway. The field is an old Prison ground, it looks pretty cool. It's off of either Chestnut, Madison, or Mohammad Ali one... BE SURE TO LOCK YOUR DOORS AND AFTER THE AGME DO NOT VENTURE ANY FURTHER NORTH OR WEST!

To get to male's satdium, where the game will be played next week, simply take I-65 South past the airport, you will see an exit for "Preston Highway" shortly after the I-264 (watterson Expressway) Interchange. The high school and lights of the field will actually be visible from I-65 to make it easier. You want to head North on Preston Highway and it will be on your right, about a mile before Preston crosses over I-264. The stadium is on campus and their is ample parking.
I will try to get the exact location for you and post it back... I lived in Louisville last year but haven't been i that part of town since last January.
Yeah I've been as far west as 6th St. to go to the Louisville Gardens for a couple of concerts. My buddy down here in grad school said if you go past 7th make sure you wear a bullett proof vest...haha. I appreciate all the help, if you find out for sure what the intersection is please let me know. I asked a couple of people down here today and they had no clue.
GRIZZ Wrote:Yeah I've been as far west as 6th St. to go to the Louisville Gardens for a couple of concerts. My buddy down here in grad school said if you go past 7th make sure you wear a bullett proof vest...haha. I appreciate all the help, if you find out for sure what the intersection is please let me know. I asked a couple of people down here today and they had no clue.

No prob, I am working on it.... if worse comes to worse... just go down Broadway and at around 11th Street there will be a Wendy's on your right, it is almost directly in front of Central High School. They can probably tell you where the stadium is.

When I worked in Louisville my first territory was the West Side of Louisville, which is comical because I am an ole country boy from Pike County. I remember my first day of work I was on Hill Street and I see cop cars EVERYWHERE and a Green Car with the door open and shattered glass... as i got closer I saw shoes...as I got even closer I saw a body attached to the shoes.. haha At that point I realized it was time to carry protection with me. I will say though, I spent probably a month going to that area and never once had any problems..and in fact some of the nicest, most genuine people I met in Louisville were there,,, those people made sure to warn me to get East of Dixie Highway by dusk though haha.
Ok...
I thought it was on Muhammad Ali and it is. You'll wanna go to around 15th Street to access it... once you turn on 15th Street (which I am pretty sure isn't a one way street)... Muhhamad Ali will be like the third or fourth intersecting street... my advice is look for the glow of the lights, and if all else fails just drive back and forth on Muhhamad Ali in the 17th to 12th Street range.

The Stadium is blocked in by a big brick wall....

To be certain which cross street it is on I would reccomend using "Google Earth" to zoom on the satellite image.
I remember back in the Summer of 2006 I worked for the KYTC and the only thing they told me about Louisville was to keep away from Muhammad Ali. My first trip down that way there was a picket line of protesters walking in the roads, yelling at cars to show there support. Up went the windows and I locked the doors. But I have never had any real trouble down that way, mainly getting hassled at Saddle Ridge from the girls in the Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots to purchase shooters and jello shots...haha. It should be a great game, I may leave midway through the 4th to avoid a possible drive by or an incident that happend off of the Gridiron Gang.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Ok...
I thought it was on Muhammad Ali and it is. You'll wanna go to around 15th Street to access it... once you turn on 15th Street (which I am pretty sure isn't a one way street)... Muhhamad Ali will be like the third or fourth intersecting street... my advice is look for the glow of the lights, and if all else fails just drive back and forth on Muhhamad Ali in the 17th to 12th Street range.

The Stadium is blocked in by a big brick wall....

To be certain which cross street it is on I would reccomend using "Google Earth" to zoom on the satellite image.

Thanks for all the help:Thumbs:
GRIZZ Wrote:Thanks for all the help:Thumbs:

No problem, stay safe and try to catch a game at either St. X or Trinity at some point... Poplar Level Rd. and St. Matthews are much nicer places haha