Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 51 Mercer County 7
Boyle looked pretty sharp tonight.
Good win to get the season started. New QB played pretty dang good 10/15 172 yards and 4 touchdowns with 0 interceptions. McDaniel played a great game on both sides of the ball. Clark, Shepardson, and Lanter also had solid games. Jackson Smith's 43 yard fieldgoal had the distance 10-15 more yards. Defense was also solid tonight.

Congratulations on win #1 Coach Haddix in Titletown!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
Congratulations Coach Haddix and Boyle County football. See you soon coach!!
Total domination by Boyle of a Mercer team being touted as their best in years. Good start for Coach Haddix and the team that is on the road for the next three games. I think that Mercer is better than they showed and I know Coach Buchanan will have them back on track. I thought there were many bright spots for Boyle on both offense and defense. A running clock in the first half and the first team defense gave up zero points and 4 or 5 first downs. Congrats on the first win of the season and first win at Boyle for Coach Haddix. I like the new offense and the defense is tough as usual.
If this is the best Mercer County team in years, I'd hate to see what they looked like in the past.
(09-13-2020, 10:36 PM)jamesclay Wrote: If this is the best Mercer County team in years, I'd hate to see what they looked like in the past.

I hadn't heard that about this year's Titans.  I thought they lost a lot from last year.
(09-13-2020, 01:35 PM)back country Wrote: Total domination by Boyle of a Mercer team being touted as their best in years. Good start for Coach Haddix and the team that is on the road for the next three games. I think that Mercer is better than they showed and I know Coach Buchanan will have them back on track.  I thought there were many bright spots for Boyle on both offense and defense. A running clock in the first half and the first team defense gave up zero points and 4 or 5 first downs. Congrats on the first win  of the season and first win at Boyle for Coach Haddix. I like the new offense and the defense is tough as usual.
Who is touting this as the best Mercer team in years lol?  They lost their entire offense from last year other than Dunn and he was their 3 option running the ball.  They had 5 players go on to play college football with 3 going D-1.  You may not be up on Mercer's history but that has never happened.  They played Desales last year on senior night for a chance for #1 seed in the district the same Desales team that took Belfry to overtime.  I think this years Mercer team is going to look better going forward than what they showed against Boyle.  Give Boyle credit as they lost a lot off last years team also and were definitely ready to play.  Boyle returns a few future college football players.  It is yet to be seen if Mercer has an college football players on their current roster.  With this being such a weird off season the main thing you can take from the 1st game is Boyle was way more ready to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UK1's post:
  • Hatz