Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central's Freshmen Back Out....
I was told by a Johnson Central asstiant coach today that the Freshmen Golden Eagles won't travel to Sheldon Clark and play because they fealt it was unfair to go over there and play. He told me and I quote "They won the Middle School Confrence last year so we shouldn't travel over there and play them." They then asked for SC to come to JC and SC could not because a bus could not be prepared in time. It seems logical to keep the schedule the same for now and have SC travel to JC at a later date.

This game was agreed upon nearly 2 weeks ago. This seems like kind of a low move on the part of the JC. I don't know who had the final say but shame on them. I didn't think JC would back down from anyone, but I guess I was mistaken.
When was this game supposed to be played? I thought that teams could not play freshman / JV games until after the first regular season varsity game.
I don't belive it, which coach was it?
Also, SC only beat JC last yr in the playoff by a td didn't they? Maybe more but it was close.
Martin County won by two scores I believe, but you could be correct. The game was going to be played on Thursday. I'm not going to tell you then name of the coach on here, but if you PM me I will be more than happy to inform you who it was.

I don't know if JC is looking to duck the Cardinals, but this move has only kept two of the better young teams in the mountains from getting to play. There was an agreement that I was informed of today was made as early as Aug. 9th. No reason that this game had to be pushed aside.
My husband is a very close friend of the JC coach and he said the first time he even heard of this game was last week.He also said that since SC refuses to play both varsity and jv ,and did not even bother
to give a courtesy call when deciding not to scrimmage ,we would demand at least a coin toss to decide home field for the freshman game.
I can agree with the coin toss idea but it shouldn't be up to one team saying we aren't coming you should come over here. Both teams coaches should be present instead of one team trying to say heads we travel and tails we stay home then after the toss calling in the situation to the other school.
mscatblue Wrote:My husband is a very close friend of the JC coach and he said the first time he even heard of this game was last week.He also said that since SC refuses to play both varsity and jv ,and did not even bother
to give a courtesy call when deciding not to scrimmage ,we would demand at least a coin toss to decide home field for the freshman game.

You are only allowed 2 scrimmages a year and SC had scheduled theirs against Shelby Valley & Prestonsburg around Christmas so the scrimmage was not by any means the fault of SC. If Central wants to scrimmage then they need to make plans ahead of time like everyone else does.

As for the coach not knowing of the game that is not true. He knew of the game and even told one of the SC freshmen and parents he was looking forward to coming and watching at SC and JC in the freshmen game.
How is JJ jude coming this year?
[quote=Super-Card]I was told by a Johnson Central asstiant coach today that the Freshmen Golden Eagles won't travel to Sheldon Clark and play because they fealt it was unfair to go over there and play. He told me and I quote "They won the Middle School Confrence last year so we shouldn't travel over there and play them." They then asked for SC to come to JC and SC could not because a bus could not be prepared in time. It seems logical to keep the schedule the same for now and have SC travel to JC at a later date.

This game was agreed upon nearly 2 weeks ago. This seems like kind of a low move on the part of the JC. I don't know who had the final say but shame on them. I didn't think JC would back down from anyone, but I guess I was mistaken.[/quote]

How'd that whole situation work out for ya?? hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha :moon:
Wow way to dig up an old thread.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Wow way to dig up an old thread.

Some people have nothing else to do...
TheyKnowMe Wrote:Some people have nothing else to do...
:Sad04:
HEHEHEHE......................At home to beat it all!!!!!!!!!!!!