Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hatch Act Violation
So the RNC was held last week in the backdrop was the White House and bunch of flags. The question on the table was there a violation of the Hatch Act. I included a legal definition at the bottom so you can review it for yourselves. The second question if there was a violation should someone be held accountable? Third question who should do that? Fourth Question does it matter if there is a broken law as long as my side wins and we own the libs, what are your thoughts about that argument?

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona.../Hatch+Act
(08-31-2020, 12:11 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote: So the RNC was held last week in the backdrop was the White House and bunch of flags. The question on the table was there a violation of the Hatch Act. I included a legal definition at the bottom so you can review it for yourselves. The second question if there was a violation should someone be held accountable? Third question who should do that? Fourth Question does it matter if there is a broken law as long as my side wins and we own the libs, what are your thoughts about that argument?

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona.../Hatch+Act

I think its important to note that there's serious constitutional issues with the Hatch Act anyways. I find it difficult to believe that today's court (and the one coming in a few weeks!) would uphold the Hatch Act on 1st amendment grounds. Just because you hold a government job shouldn't preclude you from expressing your political opinion. Every cabinet spot is a political appointment. These are not career/merit based jobs... they are picked because they supported the president in his/her pursuit of the office. Do they lose their 1st amendment rights when they take office? I'm not so sure.

The only Hatch Act violation that I would support is if the violator USED his/her office and the people's tax dollars in pursuit of his goal of reelecting the president. For instance, using a government plane to fly to a campaign rally -- then typing up "reelect trump" on Sec of Education letterhead. Stuff like that. But merely making a speech on behalf of the man that hired you? Give me a break. haha

So.. was their a violation? As it is written, very possible. 

Should they be held accountable? Yes... in November we will be able to hold them accountable.

Who should do that? Well, read the hatch act. It clearly states that the offenders supervisor/leadership shall make the final determination on punishment. In this case, most all of the alleged violators report directly to Donald Trump. No one else can intervene. Its his call. But its OUR call as to whether we support his decision. Vote him out if it bothers ya, ya know?

Final Question... Already answered.