Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 20 Belfry 14
(09-19-2020, 11:01 AM)Patriot1 Wrote: The game last night between these 2 teams was a great game to watch. Being honest about it I thought it was going to end 21 to 20 Belfry but the defense came up big. One could talk about a lot of players that stood out. Issac played lights out , Zac had a great game, Blake was unbelievable in his performance. Carson, Wilkerson,Colins and I am sure I am leaving out some. But to me the hogs up front on both sides of the ball played outstanding football, so congratulations to them. Plus the coaching staff had an excellent game plan and as fans we don’t watch the sidelines to much because we are fixated on the field but a few times I got to notice these coaches with these players (even some players Not in the game) talking to these young men about what they should be doing on ever play. So congratulations to the coaching staff. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Agreed Patriot1, and very well said.
(09-18-2020, 10:51 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: Congratulations Pikeville.

It’s going to be a long year on pond creek. This is not a very good Belfry team. I can’t remember the last time a Belfry fullback gets spun around and slammed to the ground with one hand. Very one Player oriented with Dixon and the defense is like Swiss cheese.

Pikeville done just enough and played mistake free football. McNamee is composed and Birchfield played lights out. Pikeville dominated the line defensively.

Only thing more disappointing then Belfry’s performance was the ridiculous stream from Mountain top sports. They should refund every penny to anyone who spent money trusting the fact they could watch a whole game. Two minute commercials missing plays and constant freezing during play action.

Good luck Panthers and congratulations on the second  victory in a row over county rival. Belfry better get something figured out or it will a early season on Pond creek.
i didnt have any problems with the streaming,thought they needed to ask to do the state finals, i live in Arkansas and belfry guy,thought it was perfect,far as the game Belfry seemed not interested after the Dixon fumble and Pikeville tied it up,not sure why when they decided to throw the ball the qb could throw it 5 yards before it hit the ground,but on the Dixon Bomb,threw a nice ball..
(09-18-2020, 11:40 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 11:16 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: Congratulations Pikeville Panthers!! Great game with two evenly matched teams. For Blake Birchfield to be only a Freshman, this kid has a great career lying ahead at Pikeville. After watching him last week at Raceland, you can see that he has improved in just a weeks time. So looking forward to Sophomore Carson Wright returning to the RB position. When it's all said and done, Panthers should have four, maybe five very good RBS to rely on. Can't say enough about that strong line for the Panthers. They controlled it very well in this game. The concern going into this season was the D line, but it looks like they're coming through. Belfry is a good team and will only get better. Here's hoping both teams are at Kroger field once again!!
Birchfield is a sophomore. But none the less still incredibly impressive and it’s going to be scary to see him and Carson side by side next two season after this one.
Lol! My bad spud6.I knew he was a Soph., but it typed Freshman anyway. Smile Can't wait to see those two paired up in the backfield.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
It’s probably not a great idea to bash Mountain Top Sports since that is also the home of the radio voices of the Pirates and Panthers. It would probably be best to take a look at peoples streaming and their devices for receiving media. Obviously many people were able to enjoy the telecast and broadcasts.
[-] The following 2 users Like bucslover68's post:
  • cuppett777, PHSForever
Turning point I game. BELFRY up 14-9. A play that should of been blown dead wasn't and PIKEVILLE player scooped up the ball and went in for a touchdown. Play was dead
(09-21-2020, 08:32 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Turning point I game. BELFRY up 14-9. A play that should of been blown dead wasn't and PIKEVILLE player scooped up the ball and went in for a touchdown. Play was dead
As much as I wished that were true I must disagree.  I went back over the highlight of the Dixon fumble frame by frame  and I believe it was out just slightly, and I mean just slightly before his knee touched.  It was the single biggest play of the game IMO , along with the 4th and 9 completion from Isaac to Wade late in the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like bucslover68's post:
  • cuppett777, PHS DYNASTY
(09-20-2020, 11:43 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: It’s probably not a great idea to bash Mountain Top Sports since that is also the home of the radio voices of the Pirates and Panthers.  It would probably be best to take a look at peoples streaming and their devices for receiving media.  Obviously many people were able to enjoy the telecast and broadcasts.

"Hog Wash"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
(09-21-2020, 08:32 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Turning point I game. BELFRY up 14-9. A play that should of been blown dead wasn't and PIKEVILLE player scooped up the ball and went in for a touchdown. Play was dead
Another turning point in the game could've been at the 30:22 mark where the Rash kid ran the ball off the option play down to the Pikeville 5 yrd. line. Pikeville's corner back was held away from the play as he was closing in on Rash early. Coach Mac protested but it fell on deaf ears. Point is, there is always holding calls etc., that the refs miss but that's just the way the game goes. It made no difference in the outcome, though. If this game was played again, i think you would still see Pikeville win this one. Pikeville line play was huge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • Gus McCrae

Nope. He was bent back and knee was not down when ball came out. Someone had a good angle film from Belfry sideline and you can clearly see the ball pop loose before he was down. Can also watch side ref, his loose ball marker flew out before most people realized the ball was even loose. And he was looking directly at the play. Time to move on. And it was 14-6 at that point, not 14-9.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSForever's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
(09-21-2020, 10:47 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout...JzwVj6ivYs]
Thanks, and great work PT.
(09-21-2020, 12:26 PM)PHSForever Wrote:

Nope. He was bent back and knee was not down when ball came out. Someone had a good angle film from Belfry sideline and you can clearly see the ball pop loose before he was down. Can also watch side ref, his loose ball marker flew out before most people realized the ball was even loose. And he was looking directly at the play. Time to move on. And it was 14-6 at that point, not 14-9.
Ball was out from the highlights.

The only argument that could be made is blowing the play dead because his froward momentum was stopped, but you aren’t going to get that call 95 percent of the time at high school and with an athlete like Dixon who can break tackles, I am not sure you even want a quick whistle.

The only critique I will make of the officials is the three or four preamps penalties that were then waived off. Not sure what was going on with that and that was both ways.

End of the day if you are a Belfry fan the question of why you lost lies specifically with things Belfry did not do that Pikeville did. Third and 4th down conversions and effectiveness of the interior run game being chief of them all.
Both the Panthers & Pirates remain #1 in their respective classes in the new AP Poll.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • PHSForever
(09-21-2020, 02:48 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 12:26 PM)PHSForever Wrote:

Ball was out from the highlights.

The only argument that could be made is blowing the play dead because his froward momentum was stopped, but you aren’t going to get that call 95 percent of the time at high school and with an athlete like Dixon who can break tackles, I am not sure you even want a quick whistle.

The only critique I will make of the officials is the three or four preamps penalties that were then waived off. Not sure what was going on with that and that was both ways.

End of the day if you are a Belfry fan the question of why you lost lies specifically with things Belfry did not do that Pikeville did. Third and 4th down conversions and effectiveness of the interior run game being chief of them all.
Correct. Was just pointing out a better angle shows it even more clearly. Will see if I can find and put on here. 

Also correct on the pre-snap penalties and what Belfry didn’t do and Pikeville did. End of the day, on this night, Panthers were the better team in the trenches and in execution. Scary thing is, still timing issues so they’re only going to get better. I can promise, no 1A coaches who watched that game genuinely enjoy that prospect.
So when does playoffs start and when would state championship be