Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Hayes commits to Louisville
So was it Netherly or Buckley who told you about this pop time? They're the only two scouts with the Reds who would be involved in something like that in the U.S. and they would be ALL OVER a kid with reaction time and an arm like that.
When have you ever seen anyone attempt to measure a game pop time and use that as a measure of a prospect? I've never seen it and I've been watching amateur and pro baseball up close and in person for 30+ years in games, tryouts and just about every other arrangement.
I know it seems like I am busting your chops, but here's my point -- Hightower's time was not recorded in a game and neither was Hayes's or Adams's and yet we're supposed to accept that out of all the catching prospects in the country this kid got the fastest pop time ever?
1.66 is faster than any time in any scouting database I've checked for any year since they decided that this skill was relevant.
Anyway, I just would have to see it timed myself to buy it. I've watched some great, great players with incredible tools from California to Carolina and it just slays me everytime I get on a forum and read about some kid with a 4.3 40 time or a 44 inch vertical or a 97 mile per hour fastball. A 1.66 pop time would be a physical skill in that realm (actually maybe moreso).
I see the athletes in this area all the time and I have never seen kids like this anywhere in this area.
Maybe I need to get to six or seven games a week instead of three or four. Sorry if I seem disagreeable or cranky with you Kimball... nothing personal I assure you because I don't know you.
BTW, just my opinion but EVERYONE involved with the Reds besides Aaron Harang SHOULD be called up and chewed out.
Congratulations Timmy! So proud of you and so happy for your family! We don't have to compare you to anyone because we know just how good you are. Lawrence county couldn't be prouder!!!
This kid is playing D-1 college baseball, now how can you even say those other kids are better than this kid, when they are NAIA D-1 there is a big difference in NAIA D-1 and D-1
Congrats to this kid. I'll get a chance to see this kid in person when they play Clay County this year.
hope this kid does well. I like seeing anyone from Louisa make it somewhere and since I live in Louisville now I will be able to see this kid.

To all of you arguing about pop times, they are a good measurement for a catcher but are not the defining factor. I doubt his pop time is 1.66 but from what I hear he has a decent arm and a pretty good bad and he should probably start his 2nd year at Louisville if all goes well and he progresses like he has been.

Good luck and I hope he makes it big!
yeh all the talk about the pop times got out of control...im glad its over