Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co. at Pulaski Co. 9-25-20
Whitley County (0-2) at Pulaski County (1-1). Who wins??
This game could go either way, just saying
I think Whitley can win this thing. Pulaski was much better last year and Whitley had them beat.
I'm going with Whitley in this one. After a 0-2 start their going to desperate for a win.
Whitley County 28
Pulaski County 24
Colonels 21-14
(09-22-2020, 01:52 AM)Chad Kroeger Wrote: Whitley County 28
Pulaski County 24

Not really desperate for a win ,but always need a district win. They are young, and lack experience in places, but their two non- district losses were to two teams that played on the carpet at Kroger Filed last year. They still have a ways to go, but are building into a solid program that is definitely well coached.
If Whitley can get their offense going they will be dangerous, need more than a touchdown a game to win, but they have the right people teaching the kids just takes time.
Yea Whitley is 0-2 but they lost to two excellent opponents. I think the staff has them moving in the right direction and wouldn’t be surprised to see them knock off a team like Pulaski.
Tough game to call, but I am pulling for Pj and Whitley in this one. If they bounce back in this one they should run off enough wins to finish second in district.
Pulaski 27-20
Pulaski by 2TDS. Whitley can't stop PC's offense. 35-21.
(09-24-2020, 12:45 AM)BJN0502 Wrote: Pulaski by 2TDS. Whitley can't stop PC's offense. 35-21.

Pulaski's offense has been scuffling.  They've only scored 2 touchdowns in 2 games.   I think this one is in doubt deep into the 4th quarter but Pulaski comes away with the win 21-12.
(09-24-2020, 12:45 AM)BJN0502 Wrote: Pulaski by 2TDS. Whitley can't stop PC's offense. 35-21.

Yeah, Pulaski's explosive offense has been putting up some big numbers Smile
(09-23-2020, 09:24 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Tough game to call, but I am pulling for Pj and Whitley in this one.  If they bounce back in this one they should run off enough wins to finish second in district.

I've never been so excited about a young winless team before. I watch everybody getting playing time and see the pieces coming together with a confident coaching staff.
Whitley County is running a new 3-4 defense this year. They are getting better, but one of their good linebackers is out this week, so that will definitely hurt them against Pulaski County.
I’m picking whitley after watching the two games they played this year. They got good experience in playing a top-tier passing attack with a future UK quarterback and a rushing attack that grasped back at the log mountain roots rushing for around 50 times. Learn from your mistakes and go on and if Whitley can do that for this game they get that first win.
(09-24-2020, 12:32 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: I’m picking whitley after watching the two games they played this year. They got good experience in playing a top-tier passing attack with a future UK quarterback and a rushing attack that grasped back at the log mountain roots rushing for around 50 times. Learn from your mistakes and go on and if Whitley can do that for this game they get that first win.

Well said. The young guys are learning a lot with this schedule.  I'll be happy as long as they are competitive and continue to improve.
Go Colonels!