Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Video of girl tased and arrested for not wearing a mask at football game- Logan, Ohio
Meanwhile, "protesters" can run around looting and burning buildings with often little to no consequences. But a girl watching a football game with barely anyone around is treated a like a violent criminal?

[-] The following 2 users Like torQQue's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, jetpilot
I saw this video on Twitter. I think that it was ridiculous to arrest her and put her in handcuffs but she should not have resisted arrest and argued her case later. I suspect that if she had left the stadium voluntarily, there would have been no arrest. 

I am opposed to government mandated face masking but when a person resists arrest or refuses to voluntarily leave a scene, then they take options off of the cops' table. They are responsible for enforcing stupid laws as well as sensible ones and given the choice, I am pretty sure most would rather not spend their time policing outdoor mask use.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • torQQue
She wasn't tazed because she wasn't wearing a mask. Notice that no one comes to her aid (or even says anything verbally) other than the other lady that is sitting with her (who should have been arrested as well for interfering, she physically touches the officer several times.) What a great example for the 2 kids that were siting with her.
I agree 100 percent that people should not resist arrest. This country would likely be in a much better place right now had George Floyd simply followed police orders and not resisted arrest. 
How many thousands of George Floyd protestors were allowed to loot and destroy businesses without any repercussions?  The selective enforcement of laws and the selective outrage we are seeing in this country is deeply troubling.

I am not saying the girl in video was in right here, but if this cop would have accidentally killed this girl with the taser, would anyone be protesting? Would there be non-stop coverage in the media?  Would people be outraged? Would people claim she deserved death for not following orders? 

Imagine if this would have been a white cop that tased a black girl over not wearing a mask? Would the reaction be the same?  What if the white cop would have accidentally killed the black girl with the taser? I guarantee you there would be mass protests and media outrage.

Does anyone else not find this double standard troubling?
[-] The following 1 user Likes torQQue's post:
  • Spirit100
(09-24-2020, 05:29 PM)torQQue Wrote: I agree 100 percent that people should not resist arrest. This country would likely be in a much better place right now had George Floyd simply followed police orders and not resisted arrest. 
How many thousands of George Floyd protestors were allowed to loot and destroy businesses without any repercussions?  The selective enforcement of laws and the selective outrage we are seeing in this country is deeply troubling.

I am not saying the girl in video was in right here, but if this cop would have accidentally killed this girl with the taser, would anyone be protesting? Would there be non-stop coverage in the media?  Would people be outraged? Would people claim she deserved death for not following orders? 

Imagine if this would have been a white cop that tased a black girl over not wearing a mask? Would the reaction be the same?  What if the white cop would have accidentally killed the black girl with the taser? I guarantee you there would be mass protests and media outrage.

Does anyone else not find this double standard troubling?
I find the double standard deeply troubling. Right now, people are getting away with looting, arson, assault, and other crimes associated with rioting, based mainly on the color of their skin. Cops are, as you said, reluctant to take any action that would put a black person at risk because they recognize that spineless politicians will not hesitate to throw them under the bus in a futile, misguided effort to maintain the peace and avoid lawsuits.

Black criminals have never had it so good in this country and the don't even seem to realize it.

On the flip side, I have never seen so many black conservatives stepping up and vocally denouncing the rioting that is being encouraged by so many liberal Democrats. There are some outstanding black Republican candidates running for the House of Representatives. Most will lose in November but they will gain name recognition and I expect the number of black elected officials will be steadily increasing in the future.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Spirit100, torQQue
I've got mixed feelings on all of this. 1) I don't find the research solid enough to MAKE people wear masks. Especially outside and in public. Now a private company can tell us to do whatever they want, if we choose to go in on their property. But I don't see how a publicly funded school can say you "have to do this". Plus they were outside, others didn't have masks on.

Then the actions starts, she got it for refusing to leave the property not the mask. And she deserved it. You see police on the news killing people for not obeying the orders, she did the same. Do what they say, and then fight it out in court and sue if you have to. But she brought that on herself