Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LCA 45 Williamsburg 7
Final score from Williamsburg
Eagles way to much for the Jackets
Looking at stats between Burg vs LCA, and Burg vs Somerset just shows how close these two are to each. Can't wait for the match up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • Deuce8
(09-27-2020, 03:24 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: Looking at stats between Burg vs LCA, and Burg vs Somerset just shows how close these two are to each. Can't wait for the match up.

I don't think comparing the stats of 2 teams vs a vastly outmanned common opponent tells you much.   Did one team take their foot off the gas earlier than the other?  Did one coach try to work on a couple of specific things because they knew that the opponent was overmatched?  Too many variables to glean much from a blowout.  

The only opponent that Somerset needs to worry about right now is themselves.   They have to clean up the penalties and get more cohesive on the line of scrimmage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Deuce8
I agree Longmire. I feel line play got better on offense. Simmons Johnson has done well, just getting the young guys to settle down, but it is the only comparable game. If dline can focus and settle down they will be fine. Penalties have to be got under control.
I think today, Somerset is the better team. However that is today, in 4 weeks or so, it could be different.
(09-27-2020, 02:28 PM)plantmanky Wrote: I think today, Somerset is the better team.  However that is today, in 4 weeks or so, it could be different.
I've only been able to watch each team on video but I've thought the opposite.   LCA seems much more polished than Somerset right now to me.   But I feel like it could change multiple times over the next 7 weeks and (probably, Danville I see you) 2 meetings.