Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pikeville 58 Henry Clay 41
Barn burner final score from Lexington
Did someone have 7 touchdowns tonight for Pikeville?
Congratulations to the Panthers, Zack and Issac had a heck of a game so congratulations to both of them. Good win for the Panthers and a lot to work on next week but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Jr WR Zac Lockhart 17 receptions, 388 yards, 7 Receiving TDs
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSFAN's post:
  • cuppett777, torQQue
Way to go Panthers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gus McCrae
That is absolutely insane.. Wonder if that is a state record?
^Yes, two state records.

[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Patriot1, torQQue
Congratulations Pikeville!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(09-25-2020, 11:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^Yes, two state records.

Appreciate the link. What a stat line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes torQQue's post:
  • jetpilot
Wowed by the score... More importantly, 41 points given up by Pville..
Hopefully Carson Wright was not injured too seriously. He suffered what looked to be a leg or knee injury in the first half and had to be helped off the field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(09-26-2020, 12:03 AM)HighViz Wrote: Wowed by the score...  More importantly, 41 points given up by Pville..
I'm more wowed by a verrrry young Pikeville team putting up 58 on a 6A team on their home field.
To be sure they have some stuff to work on, but they had a lot to work on this time last year too...I have faith.
Can someone update on Carson Wright's condition? Hope his is ok.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY, torQQue
(09-26-2020, 12:03 AM)HighViz Wrote: Wowed by the score...  More importantly, 41 points given up by Pville..

Their offense wasn’t slouches. Huge o-line, a huge fast athletic running back, a few really good receivers. Gave Pikeville all they wanted. Pikeville will not see another team as big and athletic the rest of the year.
Congrats to my Panthers! Wow, what a game! Congrats go out to Zac Lockhart as well for establishing two all time records and tying one. Zac is a scoring machine and is only a Jr. Get use to that name because we'll be hearing it often. So many weapons on this team, and they will only get better. Henry Clay was no pushover and they showed how they're a 6-A school. First game of the season for them, and they looked good. Good luck through the remainder of the season for HC. Enjoy this one Panthers as next week will be another big school on the road in Campbell Co. Prayers for Carson Wright as he took a lick on an already injured knee and had to go out.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae, Patriot1
It's going to take a VERY good 1-A school to keep Pikeville from winning it all this season. Sure, they do have some things to improve on, like making those xtr points. Every point is crucial in close games. But this coaching staff will improve them weekly. Congratulations to the team as a whole, but kudos to Zac Lockhart for his record breaking game. This kid is not done yet. Just a Junior with great hands, speed, and athleticism. Kudos as well for Isaac McNamee for another great game. Good luck to HC for the remainder of the season!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • Patriot1
Henry Clay has athletes all over the place with speed like no other. And 1A team matches them athlete for athlete. I just don’t see a team in 1A holding them back. They might score on Pikeville, but they ain’t stopping them from hanging 70 either.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • torQQue
Congrats to Pikeville, not taking anything away from them but Henry Clay is no longer a power in 6A or even in the city of Lexington. The New powerhouse in Lexington is Frederick Douglas. With that being said, I hope Pikeville brings home the gold in 1A, along with Belfry in 3A and JC in 4A
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelfryPride's post:
  • torQQue
(09-26-2020, 01:23 AM)BelfryPride Wrote: Congrats to Pikeville, not taking anything away from them but Henry Clay is no longer a power in 6A or even in the city of Lexington. The New powerhouse in Lexington is Frederick Douglas. With that being said, I hope Pikeville brings home the gold in 1A, along with Belfry in 3A and JC in 4A

What has happened to Henry Clay? Might go 2 yrs without winning a game went 0-11 last year, and has one of the largest enrollments in the state I think. Not sure who is worse them or Lafayette? They haven't scored a point yet. Congrats to Pikeville.
Anytime a 1A School plays a 6A School. It’s going to be a tough challenge for the 1A School no matter how good they are (Or how bad the 6A School is, depending on how you want to look at it). Especially a 6A School from a major metropolitan area. As bad as HC is, they still have speed and athleticism that Pikeville doesn’t get to see very often, if ever. When you look at it from that perspective. What Pikeville did tonight was very impressive! Congrats to Zac Lockhart on a game for the ages! This game will be known forever to Pikeville fans as the “Mac to Zac” game! Defense has some issues to work out, but Coach Sully will get them right! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
[-] The following 6 users Like HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, EastKYProud, jetpilot, Patriot1, PHS DYNASTY, torQQue
Really great game by Lockhart !!! But if he had that many yards and TD’s, somebody had to get him the ball....
(09-26-2020, 01:23 AM)BelfryPride Wrote: Congrats to Pikeville, not taking anything away from them but Henry Clay is no longer a power in 6A or even in the city of Lexington. The New powerhouse in Lexington is Frederick Douglas. With that being said, I hope Pikeville brings home the gold in 1A, along with Belfry in 3A and JC in 4A
Lol ! I think about every Pikeville fan knew Henry Clay wasn't a 6-A power like they once were Bry Belfrypride. Pikeville was very fortunate to have picked them up this week on a very short notice. Pikeville has been trying to get some teams to complete their schedule, but without any luck until this past Tuesday. The good thing is, it gave some pt for this young team which was certainly needed. I will say this, imo Henry Clay was much better than advertised. Athletes all over the field to be honest. No, they were no 6-a power, but they were very good competition for these Panthers. Like you, i hope to see Pikeville, Shelby Valley, Belfry, and JC at Kroger field in Dec.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot, PHS DYNASTY
Frederick Douglas scored 27 on Henry Clay last year at Fred Doug, just for reference. Good win for the young Panthers. Not hearing if Wright is ok though isn't a good sign. Hope my worrying is for no reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSForever
(09-26-2020, 04:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Frederick Douglas scored 27 on Henry Clay last year at Fred Doug, just for reference. Good win for the young Panthers. Not hearing if Wright is ok though isn't a good sign. Hope my worrying is for no reason.
I noticed toward games end that he wasn't limping, but he seemed to be favoring it slightly when he walked. He's come so far with the healing and improving, just hope he's ok.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • jetpilot
Not going to pretend to be a 6A expert but that game reminded me of last years Bardstown game. Everyone judging the team based on last years results. Henry Clay is really good on both sides of the line. Have play makers as well. If they learn how to make adjustments on defense they are going to win a good amount of games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kywvfan's post:
  • Patriot1
Even the Belfry compliments gotta be back handed. Lol. Two full days to film review, prep and practice for a team with a new head coach and new systems so the film only helped show some. 

Henry Clay will surprise some in 6A this year. They always have athletes. Always. And now Gay might be the coach they’ve been waiting for. Could get interesting in the city.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • jetpilot
Film review of last year. HC got to watch film of Pikeville vs Raceland and Belfry and Pikeville might have seen some HC film from last year. Big win 1A vs 6A. And 3A last week wink wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHSForever
A win is a win. They all count. Congrats to Pikeville and especially Mac/Lockhart tandem. That’s a great performance by the two of you and something you’ll one day tell your grandkids about.

That’s why you do this, keep doing it well!!