Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn 29 Kentucky 13
Final
This was typical Kentucky football. Offense sucked, Terry sucked, defense couldn’t tackle and secondary couldn’t guard a telephone pole.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-26-2020, 05:10 PM)TSpud6 Wrote: This was typical Kentucky football. Offense sucked, Terry sucked, defense couldn’t tackle and secondary couldn’t guard a telephone pole.
  I agree about the secondary, way too many guys running wide open. But overall, I wasn’t really disappointed, we outplayed them for three quarters and very likely would have won the game if not for the blown call just before halftime on Rodriguez’s td run. Now we can’t lose the turnover battle by three and beat anybody in the SEC, but 6-4 is still on the table, and playing an all SEC schedule, I thought that would be our ceiling anyway.
Rodriguez sure looked he crossed the line right before the half. But with the ball on the 1 inch line, they should have kept it simple and gone with Rodriguez again between the tackles. If he doesn't get in, you take the FG and the lead in to the halftime on the road vs a top 10 team The momentum of the game and demeanor completely changed after we failed to score before the half. Yes, Terry was awful today.He has to have the weakest hands and ball control too. It's hard to watch when he takes off running, because more often than not he is putting the ball on the ground. He doesn't handle contact well. Likely, we would be better off letting Smoke run QB and running every down like last season. At least Gran wouldn't have to try to call plays to protect Terry from contact.
(09-26-2020, 08:34 PM)Van Hagar Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 05:10 PM)TSpud6 Wrote: This was typical Kentucky football. Offense sucked, Terry sucked, defense couldn’t tackle and secondary couldn’t guard a telephone pole.
  I agree about the secondary, way too many guys running wide open. But overall, I wasn’t really disappointed, we outplayed them for three quarters and very likely would have won the game if not for the blown call just before halftime on Rodriguez’s td run. Now we can’t lose the turnover battle by three and beat anybody in the SEC, but 6-4 is still on the table, and playing an all SEC schedule, I thought that would be our ceiling anyway.
If you’re shooting for 6-4 then yes we looked good in this game. But Kentucky is past the point were we are satisfied with bowl appearances and giving too teams a run for their money. We looked like the better team in this game at Auburn and we find a way to lose. 

Terry was cocky all game and didn’t really do anything and made decisions a SEC quarterback should never make. On offside plays twice which resulted in free plays he decided to check down to RBs. And then on the 2 point conversion he throws the ball out of the end zone when in college there’s no run back on 2 point conversions so he should have just given someone a chance. And then the fumble, which honestly lost use the game. 

Then#1 was cocky on defense all night and #18 torched him the whole game just going up and making big boy plays over him. 

Kentucky is good enough to compete with top tier SEC teams and it’s so frustrating losing games like today the way we did. 

And don’t even get me started on Eddie Gran’s play calling
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I think if they would focus less on throwing to the flats an maybe a little more short throws down field between the numbers they can take it down field at will. The o line is tremendous. The defensive secondary needs a lot of work. I'm still unsure on why aj rose didn't play as much, he's their fastest back.. Obviously the Rodriguez TD that was called back changed the game I still think ky is a top 10 team. Just have to get the ball down field more.
(09-27-2020, 05:08 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: I think if they would focus less on throwing to the flats an maybe a little more short throws down field between the numbers they can take it down field at will. The o line is tremendous. The defensive secondary needs a lot of work. I'm still unsure on why aj rose didn't play as much, he's their fastest back.. Obviously the Rodriguez TD that was called back changed the game I still think ky is a top 10 team. Just have to get the ball down field more.

Top 10 in the nation? Or SEC?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jarons's post:
  • Oledad92
(09-27-2020, 05:19 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 05:08 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: I think if they would focus less on throwing to the flats an maybe a little more short throws down field between the numbers they can take it down field at will. The o line is tremendous. The defensive secondary needs a lot of work. I'm still unsure on why aj rose didn't play as much, he's their fastest back.. Obviously the Rodriguez TD that was called back changed the game I still think ky is a top 10 team. Just have to get the ball down field more.

Yes, did you not watch the game? Auburn is GOOD and Kentucky played them to the wire for 3 quarters and if it wasn't for those fumbles and a TD called back who knows maybe Auburn would have lost.
(09-27-2020, 06:40 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:

Yes, did you not watch the game? Auburn is GOOD and Kentucky played them to the wire for 3 quarters and if it wasn't for those fumbles and a TD called back who knows maybe Auburn would have lost.

Idk about us being a top 10 team. It’s still early
#BBFL
(09-27-2020, 11:54 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-27-2020, 06:40 PM)Oledad92 Wrote:

Idk about us being a top 10 team. It’s still early
Yes but this is the sec, if Kentucky can figure out a way to get the ball to their receivers more often and stop relying on those blown up short screens they too will be a fought team to beat but, they just got to get the ball down field. Wilson is not the same an I don't blame him. You can tell he's protecting himself against the big hitters now. I guess only time will tell. But Kentucky is not one to b looked over