Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th Region Pre-Season
16th Region Basketball will be back in close to a month. What are your thoughts on pre-season team rankings and impact players?
1. Ashland
2-16. Everybody else
Ashland should go through the 16th undefeated.
What about Rowan and Boyd?  Did they lose a lot of players last season?
Ashland definitely the team to beat and possibly go undefeated but will have some growing pains and off nights. Ashland has lots of rivals and teams will throw everything at them to try and trip them up. Teams will have nothing to lose against the CATS.
(10-21-2020, 09:39 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Ashland definitely the team to beat and possibly go undefeated but will have some growing pains and off nights. Ashland has lots of rivals  and teams will throw everything at them to try and  trip them up. Teams will have nothing to lose against the CATS.
I agree 100%.  This is a special team they have this year. Solid core returning and some new players added to the roster.  I think they will be fun to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • T-CATS
Let’s just hope they get to start and finish the season. Covid seems to be getting a lot worse and not sure how that going to impact indoor sports. Ashland will be a blast to watch play. Porter alone is worth the price of admission.
Ashland will probably go undefeated this season. Maybe with Rowan County giving them a little trouble.
I’m assuming you mean undefeated in the 16th region. As for the rest of the schedule it is pretty darn tough. The Tomcats play at Male and at Covington Catholic early in the season. I think Male is the second game. They’re also in the Marshall County Hoopfest which is always loaded with good teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
with the team they already had plus you add the transfers, big guys by the way, ashland should cruise through the 16th
Ashland adding the size they did to the roster makes them that much more dangerous imo. Physicality was their only "weakness" last year. But they moved the ball so well it made up for it. Having guys underneath, that are still able to run the floor will make them conteders in march.
1. Ashland
2. Rowan Co.
3. Boyd Co.
4. Raceland
5. West Carter
Ashland will be the best in the region, but with their schedule this year, no way they go undefeated.
(12-29-2020, 01:49 PM)Fanman Wrote: Ashland will be the best in the region, but with their schedule this year, no way they go undefeated.
I agree. They have a difficult schedule with teams like CovCath, LexCath, Marshall Co, Fern Creek, Highlands, Male, Simon Kenton, Bardstown, Martin Co, Clark Co.... just to name a few. And most of those games are away.
Ashland’s schedule is tough. They are not dodging anyone this year. Going undefeated this year will be hard to do. Most of these games are away as well. Coach Mays will have the boys ready for the post season.